throw in
OP Offline
throw in
M
Nice article about Bishop England in today's Post and Courier. Check it out:
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/apr/16/16_besoccer/

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Great piece! BE is quality for sure. They're the best in 2A and probably 3A too this year!

S
goal
goal
S
We will never know about 3A as they are a private school playing by different rules then the rest of the schools in 2A. The 3A athletic directors voted against it once and will again if it ever comes up.

goal
goal
Are the 3A athletic directors (football coaches) concerned about getting beat by BE? I would think the 3A soccer coaches (not that they have any kind of voice) would welcome the added competition (and the 2A soccer coaches would welcome the relief) from having BE move up.

Goal
Goal
Since BE is a private school, what is the criteria that decides if BE is a 2A or 3A (or SCISA)

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Are the 3A athletic directors (football coaches) concerned about getting beat by BE?

Considering BE got knocked out the 2009 playoffs by Silver Bluff by a score of 35-7 I seriously doubt many 3A athletic directors (football coaches) are shaking in their boots at the thought of facing the Battling Bishops on the gridiron. Sorry, but there is generally speaking quite a difference between how private schools compete with public schools on the pitch versus gridiron. I can think of at least two reasons why: 1. alot of your better athletes in public school still do not play soccer but the majority of your better athletes do play football 2. There is no club football - So while private school kids can afford the best club soccer has to offer there is no such alternative in football. This year round training allows them to be very competitive in soccer. I realize there are some talented private school football players - but I don't see the depth on the rosters top to bottom that most public schools would have.

So concerned about getting beat by (as my kid calls it) prep boy football? - I don't think so!

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
From the SCHSL constitution

LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP - A non-public high school may become a member of the League if such
school is accredited by the Southern Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges and the principal
of the school agrees to conform to all rules and regulations of the League.
Before being considered as a member of the League, the non-public school must clearly define its
attendance area as one of the following: (1) the attendance area of the public school in whose
attendance area the school is located, (2) the school district in which the school is located, and (3) the
county in which the school is located.

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
Bishop England's attendance area is Charleston County. There is just a small difference in BE's attendance zone compared to any other AA school.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I just hope SCHSL has somebody that can help Jerome with this.

S
goal
goal
S
Just an FYI there was a vote maybe 3 years ago by the AD's of the 3A schools as to allow BE to move up to 3A. It was denied. If my memory is correct I believe BE was grandfathered into the public high school league.

I would love to send my son to a large 4A school so he could play soccer but that (for the most part) is not allowed. I could send my son to private school but then he would play in SCISA. You may ask what's wrong with SCISA? I would defer to BE to answer that question!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard