Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

and you can get a guy who is ultra fast to play as a forward in soccer...

And therein lies the problem with soccer in America!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I have to agree with ZEN..We play teams that the players don't know when they are suppose to throw the ball or when to kick it..God bless em for trying but there's no soccer going on there..There are high school coaches that coach club ball but I would say most don't..We see the same teams competing each year for titles..Very few surprises..To me it's about how much the school is going to support the program and is that program supported by a soccer club where kids can play year round..Those are two big factors in a programs success.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

If you think Byrnes wins because of 300 pound people just living in Duncan, you are flat foulish. They practice and condition those kids year round. They were having a kicking clinic the last time I was over there. Dist 5 is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on the PROGRAM!

cough recruiting cough

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

If you think Byrnes wins because of 300 pound people just living in Duncan, you are flat foulish. They practice and condition those kids year round. They were having a kicking clinic the last time I was over there. Dist 5 is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on the PROGRAM!

cough recruiting cough

Why doesn't the Byrnes soccer team do the same thing?

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

and you can get a guy who is ultra fast to play as a forward in soccer... sweet there are always athletes who can transcend a sport by a gift of speed, height or size... But that is not why one team thumps another one in soccer. It is about the "program".

Name one ultra fast guy who could play for Irmo, Northwestern, Wando just cause he is ultra fast. And IMHO it's the players first then the program. The coaches at Irmo and Northwestern are blessed to have the talent they have. How would those coaches do at the lesser programs? see it's the players that make a program. And yes they are great HS coaches.

Goal
Goal
Well, the high school I support in Columbia has been beaten continuously by double digits in softball. Last time I looked I saw where the Blue Devils had surrendered 30+ runs in one game and 20+ in another. Not to mention our football "prowess", but routs are common in District One (and not for R1 teams).

50th for a reason!
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

and you can get a guy who is ultra fast to play as a forward in soccer...

And therein lies the problem with soccer in America!

I can't think of a single girl in SC HS soccer that is ultra fast/track star speed that is a quality soccer player. Can anyone name a player that fits the ultra fast track speed player that is a quality soccer player with a good skill set.

Brace
Brace
If SC = So Cal, yes! ;-)

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If the players make the programs..I guess the credit goes to the clubs they play for? I have to agree that some of the more successful coaches would struggle at other schools..Kids playing soccer year round is a big plus in high school play

C
throw in
throw in
C
I submit Alexa Gainey, West Florence outside mid, USC commit.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard