Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
corner kick
corner kick
Coach P: Just curious, when did RNE think they were supposed to play WK? Just 2 weeks left.

Tomorrow...is too late.
hat-trick
hat-trick
That's the big question. They only had one game against White Knoll on their published schedule. So that's all the parents & players knew about. I don't think they put it together that that was the only one and they had to have two, so no one knew to ask the coach about it.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

The scsoccer scoreboard is not perfect...if the coaches could update it themselves...like the way the club scoreboards are set up. This would help a lot.

That's because SCYSA requires the club coaches/managers to update within two days after a match. As far as I know, SCHSL has no connection to the scsoccer.com portion of the EurosportScoreboard and, therefore, has no requirement for the high schools to submit schedules or update scores. The scores don't have to be reported to the league until the week before the playoffs, May 7 this year.

So change the requirement...it's not as big as a deal as ya'll are making it out to be

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Been there, tried that...too many people tried to put in too much conflicting information and the result was chaos. This actually works much better, and scores/games don't disappear when someone tries to put in something different.

Set it up like club soccer has it set up...delegate a little more responsibility instead of 2 people in the state dividing up the responsibilities...It can work

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

So change the requirement...it's not as big as a deal as ya'll are making it out to be

You may be right, but I think having forfeits because of schedule mixups is a pretty big deal. Referees and one set of players, coaches, fans, etc. show up and don't get to play. In the case of RNE, the team is charged with a forfeit that the players and parents knew nothing about and they didn't get a chance to play either. The parents and players I talked to yesterday were pretty shocked and upset about it.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Been there, tried that...too many people tried to put in too much conflicting information and the result was chaos. This actually works much better, and scores/games don't disappear when someone tries to put in something different.

Set it up like club soccer has it set up...delegate a little more responsibility instead of 2 people in the state dividing up the responsibilities...It can work

I don't think the process for reporting schedules and scores needs to be changed, it just needs to be endorsed by the league and the coaches required to use it.

corner kick
corner kick
Where's the Rne coach in all this...he/she doesn't know how region games they play? Did they contact WK about rescheduling?

Tomorrow...is too late.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Where's the Rne coach in all this...he/she doesn't know how region games they play? Did they contact WK about rescheduling?

Apparently does not utilize scsoccer.com or the centralized scheduling services they offer.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
I agree with Morabito. Is it too hard for coaches to pick up the phone and call the other school? You should be able to call a school and talk to either the actual coach or the AD who would have the schedule. Coaches should keep in touch so this doesn't happen. I know its not WK coach's resposibility but I always check other teams schedule's routinely to make sure my team is on their schedule before we play.

Last edited by ghs26; 04/26/10 02:46 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

I agree with Morabito. Is it too hard for coaches to pick up the phone and call the other school? You should be able to call a school and talk to either the actual coach or the AD who would have the schedule. Coaches should keep in touch so this doesn't happen.

Or at least an email saying "We're looking forward to hosting your team next week on X day at X time. Please confirm" And then a phone call if there is no response.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard