Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
S
kick off
kick off
S
4/23 @ Strom Thurmond

Saluda 3, Strom Thurmond 2

Half: 1-0 Saluda

Goals: Vidal Olivares (10th), Arturo Reyna (5th, 6th)
Assists: Armando Leyva (4th, 5th)

U
bench
bench
U
Soccer Troll
I heard from a fellow reliable source that during over time a South Aiken player sweeped the legs out from under an Airport defender clearly intentional and then when getting up from the groud he picked up another players leg and slung him down to the groud.... If you are going to call out a player from Airport saying he has bad character and not say anything about individuals from the other team who from what i hear do the exact same thing then you are out of line.
Having said that the game was extremely important to both teams and emotions were high, they are teenagers and things happen, so let them play and leave it at that.

B
throw in
throw in
B
A reliable source? The only way you would be somewhat accurate is if you were there. It was a Very physical game and yes there were many fouls from both sides. Officials were a little lax on calling fouls. By th way U NO Me, it is swept.... All the games are very important in all divisions when you are fighting for playoff spots. Move on with these comments. Leave it on the field....

corner kick
corner kick
agreed! leave it on the field gentleman.

Goal
Goal
I've been out of pocket for a while, but I picked up a Columbia Star newspaper this morning and read this regarding the Spring Valley at Dreher match with the score tied 1-1:

"The score remained that way through regulation, despite the fact the Blue Devils dominated play in the second half. They outshot Spring Valley 13-6, and if not for nine saves by (Ben) Limbaugh, at least two of which were miraculous diving one-handed stabs, the contest would have been a blowout, but due to Limbaugh's efforts the contest went to overtime.

The Vikings regained a little control outshooting the Blue Devils 4-2 in both overtimes, but no one was able to score forcing the match into penalty kicks.

Limbaugh helped his own effort by scoring on the first PK for Spring Valley. Six shots later, the Vikings held a 4-3 edge with Daniel Thunell to shoot for Dreher. Limbaugh guessed right and blocked the shot.

With Spring Valley superstar (Antoine) Parris up next in the rotation, things appeared well in hand for the Vikings, but Parris' shot sailed left opening the door for the Blue Devils. Connor Sprinkle then drilled a shot to tie the PK count at 4-4.

Spring Valley's David Cooke then put a shot in the left corner, and Limbaugh came up big once more guessing right to deny Leif Kayes and end the game.

Anyway, I thought it was very telling that Dreher has made significant improvement this year with a relatively inexperienced varsity squad. Good luck Blue Devils!

50th for a reason!
S
throw in
throw in
S
Saturday morning make up game.

Emerald beats Pendelton 4-1

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Cardinal Newman 2:1 Hammond

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Clover - 3
York - 0

B
throw in
throw in
B
at Waccamaw

Waccamaw 5
West Florence 3

Goal
Goal
And the posts on pages 11 and before that are a great reason why this board needs more moderation...merging of threads, moving posts into a new thread, new forum where things like this can be discussed, etc.

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard