Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133807 04/22/10 03:49 PM
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick

I know we're in the South and Americans love using that as an excuse, but I am sick of players from schools constantly dropping the N-Word on the field and head coaches/staff know they are but it's not addressed. The Ref hears it doesn't difuse the situaion by issuing red and letting the situation get out of hand, ei fights. Oh yeah, whats the excuse always, retaliation/I did't see/hear the first thing. Yeah right. I pay good money to get into these games and when I can hear it dropped from the stands I know the coaches hear it also. I know Americans especially down here in the South are still closet racist but when does it come to the point we get past using the word in such a degrading deceitful manner. I know what your going to say, "Rap! They use it all the time." I'm not going to justify the use of the word anyway but the message here is THE BULL#### has got to Stop! Weigh In if you please.

Brace
Brace
I do know of a program where the coaching staff did take action, hard action, when this did happen. Be careful when throwing out generic comments because I truly feel most respectable coaches would not hesitate to take action.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
No excuse. Situations will continue to escalate until coaches, parents, etc hold these players accountable for their actions. Despite whoever you get your facts from, it is NOT ok. Point blank, period. If I'm a coach who hears one of my players marring our program with his actions and verbal assaults, I'm surely sending a message to my team with the deserving consequences. Why have your team associated with that type of behavior?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
BESIDES MAURICE BESSINGER...WHO USIN THE N-WORD ON THE FIELD?! I WANT NAMES, KNOWN ACCOMPLICES, FAX NUMBERS, EMAILS, ADDRESSES. HOPEFULLY THEY DON'T LIVE IN THE CITY STREETS OF COLUMBIA!! MAYOR BENBEN WON'T BE HAVIN THAT!

WEEEE TAKKKKIN OOOOVVVVAAA!

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Most of the low country teams are made up of Hispanic kids though there is a smattering of whites and blacks. Doesn't take much to play soccer in terms of equipment, but don't see how people that play and enjoy the same game can have biased opinions regarding one's color of skin. White, black, brown, yellow, red, etc., doesn't matter!

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
R
bench
bench
R
Where are you watching soccer? I think I would have to ask that. I havnt been to several games and havent heard that word being used. I could be wrong. And if the coaches and the players themselves dont control their teammates then shame on them. But to say because we are in the South has nothing to do with it. Most members of the Klan are up north. That is all I got to say about that.

bench
bench
Quote:

I know we're in the South and Americans love using that as an excuse, but I am sick of players from schools constantly dropping the N-Word on the field and head coaches/staff know they are but it's not addressed. The Ref hears it doesn't difuse the situaion by issuing red and letting the situation get out of hand, ei fights. Oh yeah, whats the excuse always, retaliation/I did't see/hear the first thing. Yeah right. I pay good money to get into these games and when I can hear it dropped from the stands I know the coaches hear it also. I know Americans especially down here in the South are still closet racist but when does it come to the point we get past using the word in such a degrading deceitful manner. I know what your going to say, "Rap! They use it all the time." I'm not going to justify the use of the word anyway but the message here is THE BULL#### has got to Stop! Weigh In if you please.

In this day and age Landon Donovan does not allow racism in his America!

Link Copied to Clipboard