B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Taken from the NC soccer forum.....

Rush Soccer (Nike) Rock Hill, SC

Rush Soccer comes to the Carolinas!
Looking for a professionally run youth soccer club for your son or daughter ages 8-18, than look no further. Rush Soccer (Nike), a regional and nationally renowned youth soccer organization lands in South Carolina. The South Carolina Rush will be based out of the Fort Mill/Rock Hill area of SC. Please check out www.rushsoccer.com and www.southcarolinarush.com (coming soon) for more information.
The Rush Way - ‘Where the Trails of Passion and Purpose Meet Begins the Path to Victory’
Welcome to the home of Rush Soccer, representing over 39,000 youth soccer players nationwide. Rush Soccer is committed to the development of healthy youth through the game of soccer. With a firm belief in the value of sports in promoting the physical, mental and social well-being of our children, Rush Soccer is devoted to providing our members the finest soccer experience possible, teaching the fundamental skills of the game and developing athletes through organized leagues, teams, tournaments, training, coaches and athletic facilities. Rush Soccer is committed to making soccer a pleasant, safe, and rewarding experience for everyone involved, regardless of ability, and we believe that all players are winners because everyone is afforded an equal opportunity to explore their potential and pursue positive outcomes on and off the field.
Rush Soccer was formed in 2002 under the leadership of the Colorado Rush Soccer Club in order to broaden the scope of its proven coaching, player development and administrative methodologies to a national level. By affiliating with qualified soccer clubs throughout the United States, Rush Soccer uses personnel, technical and intellectual property exchanges to create efficiencies through economies of scale, promote player, coach and tournament exchanges, develop proprietary information technology applications, provide administrative and technical consulting, streamline branding opportunities and maximize potential for fundraising and sponsorship support.
Rush Soccer's primary objective is to develop a national level club cooperative system that offers substantial opportunities for national corporate sponsorship and foundation support, provides the framework for a national coach and player development network, and will serve a significant centralized pool of talent for consideration by European, MLS, NCAA, US National and Olympic soccer programs. Rush Soccer is looking into purchasing its own MLS franchise.
CAP (College Advisory Program) and REACH (Rush Equipment Assisting Children) are just two of several top notch programs run by Rush Soccer. Check out these and others on the main website.
Tryouts will be held May 2010. Home matches will be played at Manchester Meadows.
The South Carolina Rush Soccer Club will be sponsored by Nike and will be run by an experienced staff and professional soccer coaches. For more information on the SC Rush program contact Rob Dalton at 704-674-2693, Robindalt64@aol.com or Vic Johnson at 704-819-0889, VixWay2@aol.com , Go RUSH!

Big Daddy #133815 04/22/10 05:55 PM
Brace
Brace
And what fields will they be using?

Import #133816 04/22/10 05:58 PM
brace
brace
From the post "Home matches will be played at Manchester Meadows" . Not sure where they will practice which I guess is what you were really asking about

Lived in Va when they moved in there. Started by taking over a club then building, looks like here they are building from scratch.

Last edited by The Chief; 04/22/10 06:19 PM.
The Chief #133817 04/22/10 06:34 PM
S
bench
bench
S
Wish Dalton and Johnson the best of luck with this new club. Hopefully they will give CUFC a run!!!!I guess Vic will have a new licence plate?

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
What's the impact on Discoveries?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...Hopefully they will give CUFC a run!!!!...

By CUFC do you mean Charlotte United?

Coach P #133820 04/22/10 08:23 PM
brace
brace
First the two Fort Mill and Indian Land clubs "merge" and now we add Rush to the mix. Will be interesting to see what the impact on Discoveries and Charlotte clubs will be.

Since Rock Hill owns Manchester Medows I guess Rush will be renting the fields?

Hope more info follows soon.

Coach P #133821 04/23/10 12:08 PM
S
bench
bench
S
Well...Since Columbia United is now South Carolina United, yes I am refering to Charlotte United. Charlotte United let Vic and Rob go after the fall season this year.

brace
brace
More talk about this on the NC site than the SC site? Web site link still not working, would want that working right away if I was going to announce something like this. Tryouts are weeks away and people have already started registering for them.
Does anyone think Rush will come in and use its deep pockets to get a foot hold here? Seems the SC side of the border, by that I mean York county areas, is ripe for the development of a major club.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I do not understand this anymore ( maybe I should give up)

There are 60 club/leagues affiliated with SCYSA in this state.

On October 18, 2009 SCYSA reported 11508 players registered with SCYSA CLICK HERE .

I think we would all agree that until recently this was the controlling entity, so again we would all agree that the number of players is somewhat fixed. Of this number 4854 players are considered classic (42%) and therefore the higher spending player. Of this number probably about 20% -1000 (my guess) would be considered elite players

You now have SCunitedA, SC united FC, SCUMP, RUSH and the grandaddy of them all CESA vying for "control". Yet the number of players is basically fixed and throw in the middle size clubs SC Bulls, LCSC, CFC, etc.

How in the world is anyone actually making money? Are the fees getting ready to go through the roof? Is the old cash cow, the 58% that play rec able to sustain this proliferation without repercussions?

When SCUMP was created... nothing changed, the coaches are still the same are the fees going up? what is the member getting for the money that is different?

I think we are reaching the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard