Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

here is what i look at if i am a charlotte kid.

There are so many kids in the charlotte clubs that do not make the so called A team. They end up on the second or third team in a club, which is not bad considering some of these clubs have carried up to 5 teams per age group. Now they can go to Rock Hill which is 20 mins away and play on that A team with a much better chance of making it to regionals or playing in region III east than they ever had in charlotte. if half the disgruntled kids and families from just the C teams in each charlotte club came to Rock Hill they would have a better than average chance of winning a state or a region spot by playing in the sc league.if you just get the ft mill girls to not cross the boarder you are in good shape.

Totally agree with your post however the team you envision will get beat by CESA and the kids and parents will get tired of being the brides maid and cross the border or return to CESA or other area clubs. I think this is great news for RH but I do not see any one at CESA losing any sleep over this new club, just my opinion.

H
brace
brace
H
Sweet,
If you get the York co area kids to stay home and some of the charlotte girls to head south im not sure CESA would be a lock.May take a couple of years for the better players to migrate in but if they get started with the younger ages they could have some good teams there. I am like some others on here and would like to know where they will practice.
Im sure girls that are already on top teams will stay where they are at but there should be pleanty of girls tired of the charlotte politics to head south.

S
goal
goal
S
What current clubs/teams train at Manchester complex. And who is allowed to train and play on the fields and who calls Manchester there home complex with no strings attached like MESA is to CESA.

B
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
B
Manchester is owned by the city of Rock Hill. I may phrase this incorrectly.....but I believe the gist is correct. The complex is managed by a person who is both a city Parks and Rec employee....and the E-DOC of Discoveries. Discoveries has an exclusive right to train there and host games.

I believe in addition to paying a portion of the complex managers salary......Discoveries also agrees to pay X dollars per year for the right to say who plays there.

No one practices at MM but Discoveries.....and playing games there is only with their agreement.

H
brace
brace
H
Even though i helped pay for Manchester Meadows , no one is allowed on those fields. The field Nazi will get you. Not sure why DSC can run all over the turf fields but no one else can even chew gum there. With the size of DSC they cant be paying out much to use them. Not sure how that works with the field Nazi being a city employee running the fields and running DSC as an employee.

H
brace
brace
H
I know Vic was doing some training with Steele Creek. Can someone tell me if Steel creek on the NC side will be associated with this new club.

S
goal
goal
S
What am I missing, new club no fields. DSC controls MM and there is no way they will allow a new club to use there fields. A first rate club has zero chance of success without a permanent place to call home. What is Rush thinking ?

brace
brace
Still nothing at the link? Rush has deep pockets and are a for profit club (at least I think thats the basis of their operation, but they call their club 501c so I am still unsure how that works). Would not be first time a company came taking a loss in the short term to get a very profitable long term operation going. With the scattered club organization in York co area and the quanitity/quality of players available perhaps someone has decided their is money to be made here. Rush does somethings very well or they would not have grown as well as they have.

I thought MM is under a lease to Disc anyone know when it come up for renewal??? Could it be up for bids?

Last edited by The Chief; 04/25/10 08:56 PM.
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Still nothing at the link? Rush has deep pockets and are a for profit club (at least I think thats the basis of their operation). Would not be first time a company came taking a loss in the short term to get a very profitable long term operation going. With the scattered club organization in York co area and the quanitity/quality of players available perhaps someone has decided their is money to be made here. Rush does somethings very well or they would not have grown as well as they have.

I thought MM is under a lease to Disc anyone know when it come up for renewal??? Could it be up for bids?

Problem is the area already has successful clubs in the Charlotte and Greenville area. Money to be made ? sure, a club taking state cups from NC and CESA not in the near future. Any club can have a successful team or two, but a club like CESA top to bottom in SC, not going to happen as long as CESA retains it's current leadership. Just my opinion.

brace
brace
Yes I agree that CESA need not look over its shoulder anytime soon, but remember Discoveries put a Nat Champion team together with players mostly from here, yes some were travelers just like many on CESA's top teams. As someone said before get the girls here back from CESA and NC and they will in the long run give CESA teams a run for the money (a little double entendre, of sorts . )

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard