K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
I was looking in the state paper the other day-

Saw a score that BLEW my MIND..

AC FLORA 20 V Lower Richland 0

There have been cracks about high scoring games and unsportsmanship, but this takes the cake!! How do you justify 20 goals on a team..what a shame!!! Trying to save yourself for a playoff spot...

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I'll be on my boat layin low when the drive-by retribution comes from that defeat

Puttin A's on B's
Goal
Goal
Quote:

I'll be on my boat layin low when the drive-by retribution comes from that defeat

HAHA

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I was looking in the state paper the other day-

Saw a score that BLEW my MIND..

AC FLORA 20 V Lower Richland 0

There have been cracks about high scoring games and unsportsmanship, but this takes the cake!! How do you justify 20 goals on a team..what a shame!!! Trying to save yourself for a playoff spot...

Doesn't Irmo have the record for goals scored in a game?

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
The sad part is AC Flora put up 20 after they had put up 13 on LR earlier in the season. Since you are home the second game I guess you can score more goals??

C
bench
bench
C
Dear Readers,

I appreciate the feedback. I am the A.C. Flora Girls Coach.
Last year when I played LR, I played with the minimum number of players on the field. I told the girls at half time to stop scoring and to possess the ball. LR could not get the ball off us, got extremely frustrated, started hacking at my girls, got a few yellow cards, then wanted to fight after the match. The LR parents literally chased my parents out of the stadium. This is not an exageration.

Because I did not want to go through that again, I let my team score goals this year. For the record, I played with a maximum of 8 on the field (the majority of the match we played with only 7) to their 11 and we shortened the 2nd half to 20 minutes.

I have more to say on this if folks are interested, but for now I will leave it at this:

I apologize to the public for appearing to act unsportsmanlike. I can assure you this was not the case. In the future, I will stop the scoring. Would someone like to provide me with a number of goals where I should stop?

Thanks,
Joe Kovaz

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
I have been on both ends of the side with scoring alot on a team and being scored on alot as a coach and a player but scoring 20 goals still does not make it right..no matter what the other team does to your girls or the fans; that is up to the refs and administartion to handle if players are out of hand and fans too.

there are so many things you can do to control a game and not score 20 goals...i think this looks tacky from a coach's perspective and does not make anyone feel good about the win or the loss...IMO

but if you feel okay with scoring that many than that is your perogative...

S
goal
goal
S
being on the winning side of that mess is usually a pain in the butt, no one is happy.
i have no idea how some schools prepare for the playoffs with schedules like that...waste of time.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Enough already..Stop blaming the coaches for high scores..Teams don't get to pick the region they want to play in..It's not the winning or losing teams fault..It's the system they play under..

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
No, you are right you play who is in the region, but you can control how many goals your team scores no matter who you are playing...20 is to many IMO no matter what happened in the past...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard