Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Do you think anyone enjoys these games? Really..Does everyone feel good at ten? Teams should be put together based on previous records and not school size..Teams that can compete against one another will get more out of the game and enjoy it..Who wants to spend half of their season just being a good sport or the team on the other end who wins nil to none? Don't hold one score out there..teams are beat every week by more than ten goals and the same teams are doing it..

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
does it sound like keepersd2002 has been scored on/or daughter's been scored on a little too often???

I applaud teams who want to start soccer programs, but I am sure if you ask teams on the other side of things (in this situation--AC Flora) they don't want to play a team they can kill 20-0. They probably much rather play a team that would compete and help them get ready for the playoffs!!! In the end a win is a win and a loss is a loss. 1-0 or 20-0. I am sure ACF had many underclassmen as well as players who don't get to play much actually score a goal. For those players it probably made their seasson!!!

H
brace
brace
H
Note:

(The pirates got beat by 20 runs last night.)

I am usually against this stuff but after reading from time to time on here the arguments about who the player of the year i can accept it some.. Part of how we judge who is the player of the year is on goals scored by that player.There have been a few girls over the years at FT Mill and this year is no exception that would of been easy picks for player of the year if they had been unleashed on teams in their region that just would not be able to stop them.
I have also watched a few games where it is the players who never see the field in a normal game get the chance to score.I do think that 20 goals could of been avoided and the score could of been kept down a little.
Should we get like the little kickers rec leagues and stop keeping score after so many.Wouldnt that be fun for all.We could have orange slices and juice box's after the game.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Stop the game at ten goals..Everyone gets home early and rested for school the next day..

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
A team can score as much as they can score. There is nothing wrong with that. How can you tell a player that doesn't get to play in the really competitive game they cannot score.. This is the most absurd thing.. The name of the game is to score goals and win, matches..

K
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
K
I have been a player and a coach on teams in 5 different states who has unleashed on a team in the double digits, and also been on the losing side as a coach and player and it does not feel good and there are no winners...i am just saying i think 20 goals is too many and can be controlled...no one wins in that manner...there are no winners and makes people question everything-i have seen 10+ goals and raise an eyebrow but 20 i think is going to far IMO

I think the high school league should do something and stop the game at a certain point b.c i don't know many teams that can come back from a 10 goal deficit and win...baseball does it, why can't soccer as everyone complains about who is playing who in the region and weaklings are getting beat up on

I just think 20 goals is out of line for any team to put on someone

no hard feelings as i was not the coach or player they unleashed on-just sharing thoughts...i have heard other people complain and thrash schools for just putting 10 or 12 up on a team on the board...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Stop the game after ten goals..If the team wants to play longer they will be more creative about the way they score and the goals won't go past ten..If we're going to beat up coaches for running up the scores..well you got to beat up the coaches that don't develop teams also..No one gets a free pass

U
throw in
throw in
U
Good idea, many baseball organizations have a mercy rule. I think it works pretty good.

hat-trick
hat-trick
I believe the mercy rule horse has been beaten to a pulp on these boards over the 8 years I've been on here. If it ever happens in my lifetime, I'll been extremely surprised.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Sounds like a good idea. Any downsides? How can this be enacted? Does anyone enjoy a game that gets so lopsided. Often the only thing that comes out is unnecessary injuries. If you cap it at 11, technically everyone on the field can score one goal which can be a creative incentive when there is a gross mismatch in skill levels between teams who have to play each other.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard