Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Throw In
Throw In
P
I don't know about the best, but our keeper at Daniel, Julianna Ellis, a senior, has had a really good year. I've been watching Julianna in goal since U13, and this Spring she suddenly just played great. We had a disappointing season, but Julianna kept us close in a lot of games and stopped I don't know how many breakaways. She also really cut back on mistakes--very few all year.

C
bench
bench
C
Jordan Broadway from chapin has to be thrown into the mix! She has had to play in Layla Neal's shadow until this year, but has proven herself quite well

rumor has it that she's going to Presbyterian College to play too

world cup
world cup
Are there any senior goalkeepers out there who are interested in playing in college, but have not made a college commitment yet?

PM me.........athletic scholarship money still available! Strong possibility of starting as a freshman.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
throw in
throw in
I want to put my freshman keeper in the mix, ASHLEY EARLY, remember that name.

GOOOALASO
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Amelia Henderson, a junior at Wando, is one of the best goalies in the state. She is not "rusty" from not being tested much during the season. Her performance in the 2d round of playoffs last night was top notch! She is skilled, has the mental edge and she's ready to compete!

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Amelia Henderson, a junior at Wando, is one of the best goalies in the state. She is not "rusty" from not being tested much during the season. Her performance in the 2d round of playoffs last night was top notch! She is skilled, has the mental edge and she's ready to compete!

i like her also, but we'll never know from her teams schedule.
her best saves are at practice, i'm sure.
....you can't have everything.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

i like her also, but we'll never know from her teams schedule.
her best saves are at practice, i'm sure.
....you can't have everything.

After Amelia's performance vs Lexington last night, I say we DO know. I think her performance is all the more strong after not being tested much during regular season games. I agree she practices with the best.

My post is not to take away from other goalies in the state. The topic is "best goalies", which is plural. As pointed out previously, there are several worthy of mention. Amelia has earned her name on the list.

S
goal
goal
S
for a fan of a team that has spent 95% of the season in the attacking 3rd, i wouldn't get too carried away that she actually got to touch the ball last night.
she may be the best in the history of the world, but up to this point, we haven't had a chance to witness that.
my point is, thats the trade off when you have an overpowering team.
because of that, i would venture a guess that every goalie on wandos schedule has more saves & experience

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Quote:

I agree, Amelia is one of the top keepers in the state, probably top 3 or 4, if she learns to stay calm after giving up a goal, she could be the top keeper in the state.

corner kick
corner kick
The Blythewood keeper is really good. One of the most agile keepers, male or female, Ive ever seen. I believe she is only a freshman.

Only time will tell
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard