Halftime score: RV 2-1

Blythewood statistics:
Goals-
Johnson
Sharpe (Unassisted)
Wildman
Assists-
Adam Wolf (2)

Good game by both squads, it was as physical as anticipated! It was pink out night at Ridge View for breast cancer awareness just would like to thank the RV family for going out of their way to help donate money for people with cancer. Best of luck to the blazers with the rest of their season!

H
goal
goal
H
Lancaster won 2-1 at home against Spring Valley. Spring Valley wins Region IV by virtue of Blythewood's win over Ridge View. Not the way the Valley wanted to get it done, but congratulations to a young and scrappy bunch.

corner kick
corner kick
What has happened this year with valley against Lancaster?

D
throw in
throw in
D
I went to the Emerald at Walhalla game because I knew it was for the region and the known rivalry. I did not have a dog in the fight, but I will preface this by saying I do know the Walhalla coach.

IMO, soccertennis reports the match with Emerald colored glasses. I thought it was one of the better matches I have gone to see this year (around 20). Not the most talent I have seen on the pitch (some very good individual performances on both sides), but a pretty even, closely contested, exciting back and forth match.

As far as the altercations between the players, I only saw two involving the teams during the match (one in first half and the late one). I have seen a lot more than that at some of the SCISA matches I went to see. I was standing near top of stands at about the half field stripe and saw the second one. #15 for Walhalla definitely pushed #11 after play stopped and was given a straight red, however, #11 from Emerald did give #15 a forearm shiver to the chest that lead up to the push although not called even though the side ref (3 refs) was standing right there. Another case of second act being caught/punished. It is my observation that it is never just one team being overly aggressive or doing all the instigating as you imply.

It was explained to me (I am no ref) that #9 from Emerald got the second yellow / red (he had gotten a yellow earlier in the game for a bad challenge) for touching/moving the ball after asking for 10. Maybe a current or past ref on the board can explain if this is a yellow offense? Otherwise, I can not imagine why he got the second yellow.

I did not hear the profanity you say the Walhalla players were saying, but I was at the top of the stands. All I heard were the players from both squads talking to each other.

I do agree with you that time should have been added at end of second OT for the goal/celebration and the one fan (not fans), that ran onto the field and joined the dog pile celebration. He should be banned from future matches, but I do not see how you can blame the administration for an isolated "idiotic" fan. They went after him right away and made him leave the stadium. I do not think Emerald could have leveled it being down 2 by adding another minute or so, but they still should have added the time.

Congrats to both teams on a great match and they very well could meet again in the upstate portion of the playoffs - not sure either team has a chance against Bishop England.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Lancaster won 2-1 at home against Spring Valley. Spring Valley wins Region IV by virtue of Blythewood's win over Ridge View. Not the way the Valley wanted to get it done, but congratulations to a young and scrappy bunch.

Doesn't THE Valley have a bigtime keeper going to Wofford on scholarship? What about Antoine Paris? He young and scrappy?

Puttin A's on B's
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't THE Valley have a bigtime keeper going to Wofford on scholarship? What about Antoine Paris? He young and scrappy?

. Both are quality players with scholarships but those two alone can't be the team. SV has a young and talented squad no doubt it will be interesting to see how they pan out over the next few years.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Z
bench
bench
Z
summerville beaufort any score?

Z
bench
bench
Z
i got da motts, beaufort 1 greenwave 0 first half goal @ 35min mark

F
bench
bench
F
@Summerville's de-beehive

Beaufort 1 Summerville 0

Goal Benn Carey Nick Manos 8 saves in the shutout

Region VIII Ft D 5-1 West Ashley 4-3 Summerville 4-3 Beaufort 3-3 with Ft D meeting both Beaufort and Summerville away next week

corner kick
corner kick
Congrats Coach Bo and your Lancaster team on your wins over SV this season. Looks like both teams (boys/girls) have enjoyed successful seasons. Keep it up.

Tomorrow...is too late.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard