Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Mom, I agree....Clover is very good. But could they (or Fort Mill, or TL Hanna) easily beat Wando AND Mauldin?

LtP, Pinewood's little trip to the Midwest over Spring Break may give them the competitive edge they need to take the final.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
there are no easy wins in 4A playoffs especially Upperstate!
I do think FM and/or Clover could upset one or two of the "bigs" at the top of the rankings! This is why I love soccer, the best team doesn't always win giving everybody a shot at winning.
I also think someone in lowerstate could give Wando a run for their money whether is be Irmo, Dutch Fork, or Lexington
Anything can happen and I think its about time a new team made it to the finals
Wando is very good and Coach Champ has those girls playing very well so this is no dig at them just hoping for some change

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I respect your opinion keepergirl. Soccer is a great game and if you can play solid defense, you can always stay in the match.

You don't have to be GREAT for 80 minutes to win the big game. You only need to be very good for 79 minutes and GREAT for that 1 minute. Get the goal.....steal the game!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Remember that FM girls got within about 8 min of taking Mauldin down last year. They are almost the same team this year with the big group of seniors now instead of 1 like last year. I would not look past them very quickly, of course they might want teams to read your post and forget about worrying about them.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Quote:

Can any team outside of these ten schools win one of South Carolina's four state championships this spring?

Wando
Mauldin
Dorman
Riverside
South Aiken
Hilton Head
Waccamaw
Bishop England
Woodruff
Pinewood Prep

If I gave you the rest of the field at 100:1 odds, would you take the bet?

Pinewood Prep has already sealed the deal.
Bishop England is the only team eliminated.
Can a winner come from outside of this group?
Dutch Fork has major hurdles in front of them.....
How about 3A or 2A?

U
throw in
throw in
U
Chief, How many minutes did you come within taking down TL Hanna this year?

goal kick
goal kick
There is another team out there thats not on your list ...lets see....yea Greenville...they could have something to say about winning the big one!!

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
throw in
throw in
Both Mauldin Girls and Boys have won their regional championships and play for the dual upper state championship/and State finals on Monday and Tuesday respectively. Has any SC high school prevuiosly acheived this double?

Last edited by 1977; 05/16/10 07:39 PM.
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Great accomplishment and well deserved. However, in answer to your question, how about Riverside?

M
throw in
throw in
M
Bishop England has had both girls and boys in the lower state games for the last 5 years. They also have the same number of girls (8) and boys (5) consecutive state championships (5).

see the following for all the stats (scroll to the end for the compilations):

http://www.schsl.org/2008/pf%2008%20Soccer%20Boys.pdf

http://www.schsl.org/2008/pf%2008%20Soccer%20Girls.pdf

Bishop England is tied with Riverside for most overall boys and girls combined state championships (23) coming into this year.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard