Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
brace
brace
I think it was about 70? Not good to have your worst half of the year in the playoffs but it happens. If we could have played another period (like hockey) we might have got it tied up. Sounds like the Hana girls came and played out of the chute and FM did not. Guess we start over again next spring.

M
throw in
throw in
M
Felt that pain at BE too Chief.... Unfortunately there is no next year to start over for the seniors although I'm sure the program will do the same as you suggest next spring.

brace
brace
Fort Mill pulled off 3/4 of it last year playing for both upstates last year but only the girls won region, boys were second behind NHS, but then again most of SC has been second to them for quite a few years.

Last edited by The Chief; 05/18/10 12:04 AM.
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Question Master,
Christ Church looking to crash the party!

scdad,
You owe me $5.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Bishop England has had both girls and boys in the lower state games for the last 5 years. They also have the same number of girls (8) and boys (5) consecutive state championships (5).

see the following for all the stats (scroll to the end for the compilations):

http://www.schsl.org/2008/pf%2008%20Soccer%20Boys.pdf

http://www.schsl.org/2008/pf%2008%20Soccer%20Girls.pdf

Bishop England is tied with Riverside for most overall boys and girls combined state championships (23) coming into this year.

Seriously, you recruit players and play in the 2A division.

Puttin A's on B's
M
throw in
throw in
M
TugJobber are you familiar with the terms libel and slander?

Go ahead bring out your guns, I am ready. I'm in girl's soccer withdrawal right now so no telling what I'm capable of....

U
kick off
kick off
U
? No big guns needed. You're a private school that plays in the public league. Go to the private league like the fellow private schools in SC do, which is where you belong. End of story.

M
throw in
throw in
M
Why such exclusionary talk UnitedFan? You might want to review the underlying premise upon which you base your statement. That is, you refer to the “public league”. What is the "public league"? There is no such thing as far as I can tell from a review of the constitution of the South Carolina High School League. See their membership article below.

“ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Who May Join
A. Public high schools accredited by the State Department of Education whose principal or
superintendent, with the approval of the governing board, agrees to conform to the rules and
regulations of the League shall be eligible for membership.
B. Private high schools accredited by the Southern Association of Secondary Schools whose
principal or superintendent, with the approval of the governing board, agrees to conform to
the rules and regulations of the League shall be eligible for membership.
C. Junior high schools and middle schools accredited by the State Department of Education
and 7th and/or 8th grades housed in the same building with a senior high school shall be
eligible for associate membership, provided they fall under the governing board of a member
school. The principal, with the approval of the governing board, agrees to conform to the
rules and regulations of the League.
D. Any high school not accredited by one of the above-mentioned agencies, and presently a
member of the League, may retain membership as long as it is approved by the Executive
Committee of the League.
E. All sections of the Constitution not so noted will apply to members and associate member “

The link for the complete document is: http://www.schsl.org/2009/09-10%20Constitution.pdf

Further, the South Carolina High School League is a non-profit, private organization, not an agency of the State of South Carolina. You can check the records at the South Carolina Secretary of State to verify this information. The link is: http://www.scsos.com/index.asp?n=18&p=4&s=18&corporateid=7375

U
kick off
kick off
U
The public league is where the public schools do and should play. Private schools should play in the private league. Any public school attending player or parent agrees with this.

M
throw in
throw in
M
All public schools that I know of play in the South Carolina High School League. It's not a "public league". It's a league as defined by the constitution and by-laws for "interscholastic play", not "public school play". The members of the corporation vote and participate in the governance of the league. Since public schools in SC are members of the South Carolina High School League I guess they don't all share your views as private schools are allowed in the league.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard