Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
All public schools have attendence zones..They are on a level playing field..This gives B.E. an advantage over public schools..For this reason..They should play with the other private schools..And when you look at 2A They would get about the same competition..If the desire is to stay in the public league..They should play 4A but not all the sports are up to a 4A level.

goal kick
goal kick
it boils down to whether you want Bishop England and Christ Church winning games 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0 in 2A or if you want them thrashing teams they are much better then in the scisa. For all parties involve we could probably agree the first option is better and thus they should be and are allowed in the South Carolina High School League

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
U
kick off
kick off
U
Good point cold hard, very good point.
And leopold, there's only one result to go on, but they don't thrash all scisa teams. They thrash some, but they thrash some public schools also and are rarely challenged by ones in their classification. This year, Christ Church beat Pinewood Prep (SCISA) 1-0. Not a thrashing by any means. Play where they should.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
B.E. girls in 2A
Gave up 6 goals to Christ Church and AM..No one else scored on them in 2A..
Overall goals for 130...goals against 16
I think the numbers say it all..If you have a strong enough program to hang in 4A..That's where you should be..Pinewood is another that would fair well in 4A but atleast they do play in SCISA..

brace
brace
This has been addressed in years past, and I have made my view clear. It is without question that by allowing private schools in, the HSL creates an uneven playing field for private schools that simply do not have to function under the same parameters as public schools in terms of the population from which they can draw players. If anyone believes the private schools' success in AA/A is simply because they are better programs is naive. Private schools have advantages that many other states recognize by requiring private schools to participate under a formula that generally forces them to "play up" in classification. This is a failure of the HSL, not any criticism of any private schools since they are complying fully with the rules as they exist. BE and CC have been strong in AA/A girls for years and have done so completely within the rules. The problem is that the rules fail to recognize the inherent inequities. . .If BE and CC were dominating other classifications (AAA/AAAA) I feel this would have been addressed already. . .Since doing the right thing would move strong programs up, I feel there has been little interest in doing the right thing. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I don't really care about the argument. I just don't feel the need to read crap from a private school from Daniel Island, SC playing in the 2A public school division mom gloating about accomplishments on a message board. "OHHH BUT I JUST LOVE MY GIRLS AND BOYS AND WISH WE WERE STILL PLAYINGGG" Booooohooooo...Here's the world's tiniest violin playing for you.

Just accept your token trophy at the end of the year and shut up already. Or in the case of this year, get beat by a public 2A school and shut up already.

Also, if you could get your girls team not to spit on other people that would be an added bonus. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by TugJobber; 05/19/10 01:04 PM.

Puttin A's on B's
M
throw in
throw in
M
When you stoop to a mean-spirited personal attack, your arguments have failed. TugJobber, you don’t have to read my posts, you don’t have to agree with me and you don’t have to like me. And that comment is not going to run me off.

I watched this message board for several years before making my first post. The concept is a great idea for sharing information, ideas and comments about soccer. However, I never imagined the venom and prejudice that would be spewed when I tried to support Bishop England. Perhaps I have done so from too zealous a viewpoint. In reviewing past postings I can’t find the same comprehensive attacks about any other school or frankly any other poster. Some told me not to “open a can of worms” by posting on this board. I mistakenly thought there would be reasonable debate, not low blows.

I am proud of my children and I chose to say so in a public forum. Others routinely discuss their favorite player and promote them on this board. The “girl’s high school” forum is about the girls. The Bishop England players have worked hard and diligently year in and year out. They are rarely discussed and even less so given credit for what they’ve done. Instead, they are labeled “cheaters” and “poor sports” in thinly veiled posts. I began my first post because I could no longer stand idly by and listen to the rhetoric without the sound of a defense. A few brave souls have stepped up to support me and I appreciate that. TugJobber you can say whatever you want about me, but don’t disparage the players because you’ve run out of ammunition.

So, in short, take cover TugJobber when you see my name, because there’s likely more a comin’.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
I never give Tugjobber's posts any credit. Sometimes amusing, but usually just trying to stir the pot on the boy's side. Not much hating going on over on the boy's forum this year, so I guess he decided to jump ship over to the girl's forum.

TJ had several posts deleted by the adminstrator.

TJ, why don't you and your little "boat" move back on over to the boy's side? You are, of course, free to post wherever you want. We just don't care what you have to say.

corner kick
corner kick
tugjobber i love you!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
L
Goal
Goal
L
what school does tadoddles pull for?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard