Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Chapin, Dutch Fork and Irmo High schools will be hosting a boys' preseason soccer tournament on Feb 20th & 21st, 2004. The Lake Murray Challenge will involve 12 teams. Four teams will play at each site with the winner and one at-large team advancing to the championship round while the others will be paired for a 3rd consolation match. The third round and the championship round will be played at a central site. Teams will play 3 to 4 matches. Any COACHES interested in participating should contact Dick Hiller at rhiller@lex5.k12.sc.us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wayne,
Do you think any out of state teams will be playing? Who will be invited?

Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Some teams from Georgia have been invited. However they are limited to 18 matches per season whether regular season or tournaments. Few are inclined to use 3 or 4 in preseason.
We are looking to book a very strong field and have interest from BE, Dreher, Mauldin, Hanna, Dorman and others. We need to fill our slate ASAP. If interested contact Coach Hiller.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure there is no Daniel coach yet, but would info have been sent to the AD at Daniel?

Goal
Goal
Daniel would be a good one to include, but it always seems something comes up for that program. Though they are usually stocked with talent that place is a revolving door for boys soccer coaches. Can't believe they have that kind of problem with Clemson University sitting in their backyard. Is it the administration, the Athletic Director, the parents, etc.? What gives Bob F.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bob F,

To help out Daniel you should look at a young man by the name of Jason Kamlet(sp i think that is his last name). I believe he is coaching club for St Giles and is/was a GA/ASST.Coach for Clemson. Very good player was with the u17 national team when he came to Clemson.Tore up his knee twice I think but would do a great job w/ the HS kids. Just a thought. Hope to see Daniel play some top teams this year. Are they invited to the Palmetto Cup Kyle?

Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
ONLY THREEE SPOTS REMAINING!

There are only 3 slots left in this tournament. We are looking for quality teams. So far we have the host teams Chapin, DF, Irmo as well as Northwestern, Mauldin, Dorman, Dreher, Bishop England, and TL Hanna. Coaches should contact Coach Dick Hiller if interested.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Now this sounds like a tournament that I would love to go see. Good job for getting some of the best teams in SC to play in the tourny!

Wayne Offline OP
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
2 SLOTS LEFT

Add Walton HS, Ga.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand that there are only 2 slots remaining and a couple of the top SCISA teams have asked to be considered for this tournament. Will the teams be considered?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCISA teams would not be competitive in that tournament. They need to have one of their own and compete at that level.
I doubt any SCISA team could stay in the game with any of the tournament participants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CK,

Get off your high horse. Maybe not all SCISA teams could compete in this caliber tournament but teams such as Cardinal Newman and Porter Gaud sure could. Also you could maybe throw in Pine Wood Prep who had a decent showing at the Palmetto Cup last year. Just because they are SCISA doesn't mean they can't play. Cardinal Newman should be a top team in the Columbia area this year. Maybe not world beaters but could certainly compete at this level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shearer,
Not riding my horse today..... But you are right about Porter Gaud. They did have a great year last year against some 4-A schools. But if you look at Pinewood & Card.Newman schedules from last year they only beat the standard SCISA level teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the pre-season tournament finalized? What are all the teams signed up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard