M
CESA 92 Premier holds the #1 points spot atop of the USYS U17 Rankings:

http://www.gotsport.com/rankings/results...=1&hl=76447

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
H
goal
goal
H
No place to go now but to the next level! ;-)

Goal
Goal
Not surprising...they are a great team who has been together for like 50 years

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
But don't I remember seeing a post that stated only 1 or 2 boys remain from the "original" team? If so that is a great testament to the coach and CESA to be able to continue to keep all the pieces to the puzzle together.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

But don't I remember seeing a post that stated only 1 or 2 boys remain from the "original" team? If so that is a great testament to the coach and CESA to be able to continue to keep all the pieces to the puzzle together.

True. This team has tremendous character, which ensures their continued success as the roster does change each year. The culture CESA creates is worthy of praise and a model to be followed. The 92's exemplify that culture and it's a part of each player . . . current and former.

Well done boys!

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

So are you questioning recruiting or championing it?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

Quote:

Anyone who criticizes coaches who are looking for players and players/parents who are looking for talented teams that'll advance skill level is misguided. I have to respectfully say such a person doesn't understand how the player develops.

Parents who do their due diligence will find coaches and coaches who do the same will find players. There isn't anything wrong with players wanting to advance their skill by nature of the players they are surrounded by. However that happens within the confined of the rules is fine by me.

The 92's rarely go a month without a player or two coming to training sessions in an attempt to break in. They are always welcomed by parents and players. There is absolutely no insecurity by those on the team, so the challenge to earn your spot is a part of the culture I refer to and it's welcomed because every player knows it makes him a better player.

No egos, just performance based outcomes. Hence the consistent top rankings. I might also add similar results would be seen from the 92's regardless of the league they play in. They really are that exceptional as young men and players.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
So there is never a player on the bubble? I find that hard to believe..If players change from year to year..that means someone is not returning..That's the one or two on the bubble..Nothing wrong with that..It comes with competition and we should welcome it..With those one or two does lie some insecurities or self doubt..Anyway..congratulations on the ranking and I enjoy your game coverage

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

So there is never a player on the bubble? I find that hard to believe..If players change from year to year..that means someone is not returning..That's the one or two on the bubble..Nothing wrong with that..It comes with competition and we should welcome it..With those one or two does lie some insecurities or self doubt..Anyway..congratulations on the ranking and I enjoy your game coverage

That's the point, there are always players on the bubble who get better by nature of those around them. Insecurities? One might think there would be some but when you create a culture of success the insecurities and self doubt you refer to seems to turn into a willingness to learn from the players they are surrounded by. Such players internalize that experience and use it when called upon. That could be with the 92's, their HS team or the next team they are a part of. We've seen it time and again as players move out for one reason or another.

Two very talented players went to Alpharetta two years ago. One is playing in Germany as a student and the other made the region team and will be playing at PC in the Fall. I can think of one who dropped to the Challenge team and doesn't come off of the field now. It's great to see the whole process of building a player who will in all likelihood build others.

Glad you enjoy the match coverage. I suppose my golf game will improve when I don't have it to do.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Quote:

I have never given it a whole lot of thought. I guess to me it is yet another part of life that is being taught on the soccer field. Nothing in your life is a given and change is inevitable. One must learn to accept this - through the ups and downs.

Even though I'm not connected with this team in any form I was simply marveling at what it has accomplished for many years through many changes. That is what I meant by " If so that is a great testament to the coach and CESA to be able to continue to keep all the pieces to the puzzle together."

It has been a great run for this team - one that deep down inside competitor club teams and their parents must envy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard