Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
goal
goal
reccos, maybe i'm missing something, but which part of the quote "But don't I remember seeing a post that stated only 1 or 2 boys remain from the "original" team? If so that is a great testament to the coach and CESA to be able to continue to keep all the pieces to the puzzle together" did you think referred to recruiting?

that didn't even sound like bebe was inferring anything, only giving props to cesa and coach for their success with that team over the years.

manchester, i'm sure you know most of the boys on that team pretty well, but unless you're the team therapist and have had multiple sessions with each and every one of them (and even if that were the case, i'm still not sure i'd believe it), don't you think it's just a little presumptuous for you to say that "there is absolutely no insecurity by those on the team"? i mean, come on, i'm sure they are all very confident young men, but that's a pretty bold statement.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Not a therapist, just the fortunate observer of many hours of training, competition and social interaction of the team over the years. Whenever players are asked to play their role, they do so confidently.

I suppose that may seem like a bold statement to make for those who don't know the team. But, they are a bold group who never conclude they are good enough. Each of them always seems to want to be better during every practice.

It's really quite amazing to see and be a part of.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But don't I remember seeing a post that stated only 1 or 2 boys remain from the "original" team? If so that is a great testament to the coach and CESA to be able to continue to keep all the pieces to the puzzle together.

So are you questioning recruiting or championing it?

I have never given it a whole lot of thought. I guess to me it is yet another part of life that is being taught on the soccer field. Nothing in your life is a given and change is inevitable. One must learn to accept this - through the ups and downs.

Even though I'm not connected with this team in any form I was simply marveling at what it has accomplished for many years through many changes. That is what I meant by " If so that is a great testament to the coach and CESA to be able to continue to keep all the pieces to the puzzle together."

It has been a great run for this team - one that deep down inside competitor club teams and their parents must envy.

Well said Bebe.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
still seems kinda ridiculous to state that a group of teenagers have absolutely no insecurities. heck, i don't know many adults i can say that about.

you seriously should call dr phil - i bet he would love to have those guys on his show - he's probably never seen anything like that before - an entire group of teenage boys with absolutely zero insecurities - gotta be some kind of miracle. something in the water up there maybe? ...that cesa kool-aid?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

still seems kinda ridiculous to state that a group of teenagers have absolutely no insecurities. heck, i don't know many adults i can say that about.

you seriously should call dr phil - i bet he would love to have those guys on his show - he's probably never seen anything like that before - an entire group of teenage boys with absolutely zero insecurities - gotta be some kind of miracle. something in the water up there maybe? ...that cesa kool-aid?

Sorry B. You take things too literally for me. Have a nice day.

S
bench
bench
S
Great job! I am not connected to the team or club, but I am proud to have a team from South Carolina ranked number 1.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard