Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
brace
brace
Gotta give you credit for coming out and saying what you think but droppng the inuendo at the end seems kind of cheapshotish. Say who and what you mean, like the rest of your post and it would seem more resonable.
I can repect the fact that you saw the games and results different and that you pull for your team but when you move to calling kids cheaters (plainly thats what you implied) I think it unfair to just lob the accusation without being clear, else you taint them all and that does not seem fair either.

On the region winner thing as far as I saw in the rules book there is only tie breakers for seeding into state playoffs, nothing about region champs tie breakers. Can you please reference where you found the rule for tie breakers in region champs. I am not saying you got it wrong just wondering where you got the decision from. From what I read in SCHSL rules Hurst seems to be right on the co-champ thing but I would be open to reading your reference.

Last edited by The Chief; 03/18/11 12:24 PM.
bench
bench
Chief,
Sorry to not make myself clear enough. I in no way am implying the NW players are cheaters. They are not. What I am saying is that I BELIEVE there are things that were done last year and some possibly questionable rostering issues this year (can't find an actual map of the school district borders) this year that in no way are a result of the players but does cast into question the integrity of the coaching staff/program. Let be make this perfectly clear, I think Cesar is a committed and dedicated coach, I just feel that playing on a small field like that makes it look like someone is trying to get an advantage that they normally would not have if played on a regulation field. The coaches at NW are not new to the game and knowing this should have found an alternate location like Memorial stadium. As far as cheap shots, players will play as they are taught and if the coaches don't correct bad play then it sends a signal that it's accepted and therefore encouraged. All things like this do is make a program look bad.

Regarding the other games you are exactly right in that they were one sided. No question about it. Clover was outmanned and outgunned. My only slight difference of opinion is that the girls were not playing as aggressive as they should (and up until then did) in the game. You can't wait for the ball to come to you when your playing against a team that knows what it takes to win and a coaching staff that teaches it to those players who don't. Regardless of that (in my opinion) Clovers' JV teams and V boys hopefully will improve and the coaches take away some valuable lessons from this past weekend.

The only way is all the way!
bench
bench
I take it that Clover and Ft. Mill have a bit of a rivalry going on? Hopefully it can continue(or put more fuel to the fire depending on the outcome or who you ask)at the tourney.
One thing I have noticed while perusing the various threads from around here is that(it seems)Clover doesn't get mentioned much. I see thing about FM, NW, NF and so on but the defending conference champ(according to state cup seeding) gets no respect. You do these girls a disservice by your lack of acknowledgment at their accomplishments(elite 8)which was farther than any other team from around here went including the so-called co-champ. ManUfan....I'll assume your basing your statement of conf. champ as I do based on seeding. Lets be honest there Hurst it's 1,2,3.... not 1,1A,2...

throw in
throw in
Last year @ NW they (NW/Cesar) put us on a what I'd generously call an 8v8 size field to negate our speed adv. and played ... I just feel that playing on a small field like that makes it look like someone is trying to get an advantage that they normally would not have if played on a regulation field. The coaches at NW are not new to the game and knowing this should have found an alternate location like Memorial stadium.

ManUFan: I thought NW played on a big 80x120 field? Where did y'all play?

We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.
brace
brace
Yes they have the rivalry of having in many cases grownup playing with and against each other in school and club! Up until FM split its high schools a few years ago it was mostly one sided in FMs favor, I think something like 7 or 8 years running win streak for the girls. I too hope it will continue as I think they are both the best year in and year out (at this point, but NHS seems to be making a push now)that each others sees in this area. Those who watched closely saw several players hugging both before and after the game. It may be a war every time they play but it is mostly from respect and the desire to beat your friends!

Weather report for the games this weekend looks great! The FM Charlotte Cath. game tonight will be a real test for FM and should be a great game under the lights at a great complex! If you stay after the Clover game, which will also be good I would recommend the Marvin Ridge game as the inbetween game to watch, but then at that complex you can get high in the stands and watch both games at once! May cause neck strain but is fun!

hat-trick
hat-trick
According to NFHS rules, the minimum field size for high school soccer is 55 by 100 yards. As long as the field is at least 55 yards wide and 100 yards long, it is legal. Since many SC high schools play on fields designed for gridiron football with paved tracks around them, they are often restricted to little more than the minimum.

brace
brace
Seeding a tourney is not the same as winning a conference, do a little web searching and you will find numerous "co-conference" champions. It is the given title used in many sports when teams tie and there is no conference championship game. In fact you would find that the SEC uses divisional co champions when teams have the same record, then they use a tie breakers for seeding. Oh and this last season Ohio State and Penn State were .... wait for it ...... Big Ten Co-Champions!!

"After finishing the conference season with 8-2-0 records, Ohio State and Penn State shared the 2010 Big Ten Championship, marking the Buckeyes' first and the Nittany Lions' 13th-straight."

hat-trick
hat-trick
Last year Blythewood and Spring Valley were named co-champions of Region IV-AAAA and Spring Valley advanced to the playoffs as the #1 seed through the tie-breaker system while Blythewood went as the number #2 seed. Blythewood was still recognized as Region IV-AAAA Co-Champions. I would think it was the same way last year for Fort Mill and Clover.

brace
brace
Well that should about end it!

Now lets get on to talking about the great games!

Last edited by The Chief; 03/18/11 03:49 PM.
C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

Last year @ NW they (NW/Cesar) put us on a what I'd generously call an 8v8 size field to negate our speed adv. and played ... I just feel that playing on a small field like that makes it look like someone is trying to get an advantage that they normally would not have if played on a regulation field. The coaches at NW are not new to the game and knowing this should have found an alternate location like Memorial stadium.

ManUFan: I thought NW played on a big 80x120 field? Where did y'all play?

Northwestern has cemented World Cup style goal posts measured at 120yds long.

Thats a big 8vs8 field

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard