Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Actually just to set the record straight for you Hurst, Clover was THE III/IV Champion. You can think what you want BUT the fact is the Clover won it outright on tiebreaker. Whether you chose to accept that or not is your choice but it is a matter of fact. If the roles were reversed I strongly believe you would be defending your position. Yes it was a close race but there was only one champ not two. That's why there are rules in place to settle who is the champ. I don't see anywhere in the SCHSL handbook about co-champs...

It would not be in the SCHSL handbook. Each region sets their own guidelines on how to handle ties in region standings. I don't know about region III-AAAA, but the following comes from the Region IV AAAA Handbook, Schedules and By-laws:

"If the teams are tied for first and split their head to head contests, we will declare co or tri-champions."

Below this is the outline of tie breakers for determining the playoff seeding.

brace
brace
Quote:

cemented World Cup style goal posts measured at 120yds long.

Come on, now your just bragging ! How many other schools in York county get play their home games on a soccer only field! We get to share ours with Lax and oblong football too. Do you have any ideas how many lines there are on our field sometime!! I have seen electronic drawing less confusing than a Soccer/Lax/Football paint job!

At least we do not have to take that long 2 mile (ok maybe more like 1.5 mile) hike out to the pitch!

A
kick off
kick off
A
That may be the right size but it was lined very narrow. I had been there before for other games and never seen it like that before. You had to be there ........we weren't the only ones who made a comment about it, plus we only had two referees for the Varsity game!! But I digress.....

As far as 2010 champion, I guess Clover Athletic department is wrong as that is what I was told by coaches and ad......but whatever........

I am with chief.......looking forward to some good games this weekend.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Any scores from any of the games so far today?

C
Goal
Goal
C
Tough day for the lady Trojans. Lost 7 1 to South Meck.

Tied at 1 1 just after the half.

We look for a better result tomorrow.

A
kick off
kick off
A
Heard from a friend Clover lost 1-2........heard it was a pretty even match? Good luck tomorrow.

Brace
Brace
Friday, March 18
South Mecklenburg 7 - 1 Northwestern
Clover 1 - 2 First Presbyterian Day
Forsyth Country Day 0 - 2 Ashley Ridge
AC Reynolds 1 - 2 Marvin Ridge
Porter Ridge 1 - 0 Nation Ford
Charlotte Catholic 0 - 0 Fort Mill

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Beautiful evening at Manchester Meadows.

AC Reynolds - Marvin Ridge was a very entertaining match between two very good teams.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
From this mornings games heard;

Fort Mill MS 1
Gold Hill MS 3

also heard Oak Ridge MS (Clover) beat Spring Feild MS (Fort Mill) but did not get score.

Gold Hill has it rolling again this year! about 30 in a row now, last loss in the 2009 preseason. Good job coach!

Brace
Brace
Saturday, March 19
Fort Mill Middle School 1 - 3 Gold Hill Middle School
Springfield Middle School 0 - 1 Oakridge Middle School
Ashley Ridge 0 - 0 Rock Hill
Westminster Catawba 2 - 0 Forsyth Country Day
First Presbyterian Day 0 - 1 Lexington
Nation Ford 1 - 3 Mooresville
Stratford Academy 2 - 0 Covenant Day
Hough 0 - 1 Clover
Rock Hill 0 - 2 Olympic