Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
If you go back 5 or 6 years when Greenville and Eastside were dominant in 3A, they were as good as the top 4A schools. That's ceratinly not the case now. Just look at the difference in the level of play in last year's 3A and 4A championship games.

S
bench
bench
S
I wouldn't say Airport is stumbling anywhere. They beat S. Aiken if ref didn't blow it calling a penalty in the 84th minute and couldn't finish one night vs. Dreher, who is a pretty good team despite their record. We will see what happens Monday night when the region is on the line. The craze right now is BC-S. Aiken but Airport locks up the #1 seed with a win Monday night, whether they win the region outright or they tie.

They also went toe to toe against NMB, just the Beach Boys capitalized on maybe the only 2 mistakes AHS made the entire night.

corner kick
corner kick
Region 5 baby.....if they don't kill each other first

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Airport is quite obviously stubbling towards the finish right now and i dont know if they will be able to find their form for playoffs

Ill say chapin vs. SA

Quote:

I wouldn't say Airport was stumbling anywhere

He didn't say Airport was "stumbling" either - he said they were "stubbling"...... not sure what that is. I think that's what I do on Saturday morning when I go out for breakfast and don't shave first - "stubbling"?????

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
What about AC Flora vs. Myrtle Beach???

Riverside vs. South Aiken
upperstate will reign again!!!

Unfortunate that Chapin is in the upperstate, would have loved to seen a rematch with them and Riverside (2008 game went into pk's)

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Don't count out NMB. They have a big-time keeper and that could be the difference in the playoffs.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Actually soccerpatrol, if Airport wins Monday then SA gets the 1 seed. Airport can not get higher than 2 unless Dreher beats SA in the final region game of the year for the V boys.

S
bench
bench
S
Wrong. All 3 teams are tied 7-2 right now. There are 4 possible scenarios for Region V.

Scenario 1: Airport wins, S. Aiken wins, both 8-2. Tie breaker 1 is split. tiebreaker 2 is points assigned.

1st place-6 pts
2nd place-5 pts
3rd place-4 pts
4th place- 3 pts
5th place- 2 pts
6th place- 1 pts

AHS # of wins (assuming they beat BC): MVx2, Swansea x2, Dreher, BC x2, S. Aiken. The S. Aiken/AHS split cancels those matches, which equals 17 points for AHS

S. Aiken # of wins (assuming they beat Dreher): MV x2, Swansea x2, Dreher x2, BC, AHS. Again, the S. Aiken/AHS split cancels those matches, which equals 16 points for S. Aiken. AHS wins tiebreaker.

Scenario 2: AHS wins, Dreher wins: Airport wins region outright with the only 8-2 record, I believe S. Aiken has #2 seed and BC due to next tiebreaker #3.

Scenario 3: BC wins, S. Aiken wins: Tie breaker 1 is split. tiebreaker 2 is points assigned.

BC # of wins (assuming they beat AHS): MVx2, Swansea x2, Dreher x2, Airport, S. Aiken. The S. Aiken/BC split cancels those matches, which equals 16 points.

S. Aiken # of wins (assuming they beat Dreher). MV x2, Swansea x2, Dreher x2, Airport, BC. The S. Aiken/BC split cancels those matches, which equals 16 points.

This goes to the 3rd tie breaker which is goals allowed in the region. Obviously this would depend on next weeks scores.

I'm pretty sure this is correct but don't flame if it's not.

Scenario 4: BC wins, Dreher wins: BC wins region. S. Aiken/ AHS tie for 2nd seed. AHS has allowed way more goals than S. Aiken, so S. Aiken would be #2 and AHS, #3.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
SA beat BC and Airport when both were in first place in region so that gives them 12 points with those two games. Then 6 point from Dreher so thats already 18. And no one gets 6 points for beating SA because this is the first time all year they have been at the top or tied with the region lead.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
But it wont matter anyways. SA lost their best player to injury and I cant see them making it through a tough playoff run without him

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard