Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Trisoc Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
T
Who are the favorites to make it to the title game in 3A this year?

My pick is Chapin vs Airport.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
The category is SC State Championship game 2010 for 3A boys soccer

The answer Alex is "who are Riverside and North Myrtle Beach"

goal kick
goal kick
Airport is quite obviously stubbling towards the finish right now and i dont know if they will be able to find their form for playoffs

Ill say chapin vs. SA

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
SA had 3 of their last 4 go to OT before winning. At some point law of averages will catch up if you continue to make that a habit.

goal kick
goal kick
i guess you can say that....
i just see it as a team showing that when the game is tough theyre still gonna pull out a win. against bc it was two good teams playing (in a game and atmosphere that will be much like a lowerstate championship game) and they showed they can pull out a win. just like the airport game last week.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
I see it as flirtin' with disaster

Goal
Goal
I see it as character building for a team...

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
yeah - until you lose in the 2OT in the lowerstate championship game - then you see it as SAD!!!

I'm just saying it's not something most teams want to make a habit of.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Here is a question...why is Chapin left out, both in the rankings and in state champion talk? If I am looking at the records correctly, the only losses that they have had are to large, well ranked 4A teams. So how can they not be #1 or #2 in 3A? just a thought.....

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Here is a question...why is Chapin left out, both in the rankings and in state champion talk? If I am looking at the records correctly, the only losses that they have had are to large, well ranked 4A teams. So how can they not be #1 or #2 in 3A? just a thought.....

I totally agree. On more nights than not Coach Hiller's boys can beat anybody in the state in 3A.

I can honestly see any of the top 6 or 7 standing a legitimate chance this season. Not like it was 8 or 10 years ago when you pretty much knew who the top 2 or 3 were.
Hopefully, that speaks of the rise in quality soccer statewide.

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
If you go back 5 or 6 years when Greenville and Eastside were dominant in 3A, they were as good as the top 4A schools. That's ceratinly not the case now. Just look at the difference in the level of play in last year's 3A and 4A championship games.

S
bench
bench
S
I wouldn't say Airport is stumbling anywhere. They beat S. Aiken if ref didn't blow it calling a penalty in the 84th minute and couldn't finish one night vs. Dreher, who is a pretty good team despite their record. We will see what happens Monday night when the region is on the line. The craze right now is BC-S. Aiken but Airport locks up the #1 seed with a win Monday night, whether they win the region outright or they tie.

They also went toe to toe against NMB, just the Beach Boys capitalized on maybe the only 2 mistakes AHS made the entire night.

corner kick
corner kick
Region 5 baby.....if they don't kill each other first

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Airport is quite obviously stubbling towards the finish right now and i dont know if they will be able to find their form for playoffs

Ill say chapin vs. SA

Quote:

I wouldn't say Airport was stumbling anywhere

He didn't say Airport was "stumbling" either - he said they were "stubbling"...... not sure what that is. I think that's what I do on Saturday morning when I go out for breakfast and don't shave first - "stubbling"?????

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
What about AC Flora vs. Myrtle Beach???

Riverside vs. South Aiken
upperstate will reign again!!!

Unfortunate that Chapin is in the upperstate, would have loved to seen a rematch with them and Riverside (2008 game went into pk's)

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Don't count out NMB. They have a big-time keeper and that could be the difference in the playoffs.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Actually soccerpatrol, if Airport wins Monday then SA gets the 1 seed. Airport can not get higher than 2 unless Dreher beats SA in the final region game of the year for the V boys.

S
bench
bench
S
Wrong. All 3 teams are tied 7-2 right now. There are 4 possible scenarios for Region V.

Scenario 1: Airport wins, S. Aiken wins, both 8-2. Tie breaker 1 is split. tiebreaker 2 is points assigned.

1st place-6 pts
2nd place-5 pts
3rd place-4 pts
4th place- 3 pts
5th place- 2 pts
6th place- 1 pts

AHS # of wins (assuming they beat BC): MVx2, Swansea x2, Dreher, BC x2, S. Aiken. The S. Aiken/AHS split cancels those matches, which equals 17 points for AHS

S. Aiken # of wins (assuming they beat Dreher): MV x2, Swansea x2, Dreher x2, BC, AHS. Again, the S. Aiken/AHS split cancels those matches, which equals 16 points for S. Aiken. AHS wins tiebreaker.

Scenario 2: AHS wins, Dreher wins: Airport wins region outright with the only 8-2 record, I believe S. Aiken has #2 seed and BC due to next tiebreaker #3.

Scenario 3: BC wins, S. Aiken wins: Tie breaker 1 is split. tiebreaker 2 is points assigned.

BC # of wins (assuming they beat AHS): MVx2, Swansea x2, Dreher x2, Airport, S. Aiken. The S. Aiken/BC split cancels those matches, which equals 16 points.

S. Aiken # of wins (assuming they beat Dreher). MV x2, Swansea x2, Dreher x2, Airport, BC. The S. Aiken/BC split cancels those matches, which equals 16 points.

This goes to the 3rd tie breaker which is goals allowed in the region. Obviously this would depend on next weeks scores.

I'm pretty sure this is correct but don't flame if it's not.

Scenario 4: BC wins, Dreher wins: BC wins region. S. Aiken/ AHS tie for 2nd seed. AHS has allowed way more goals than S. Aiken, so S. Aiken would be #2 and AHS, #3.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
SA beat BC and Airport when both were in first place in region so that gives them 12 points with those two games. Then 6 point from Dreher so thats already 18. And no one gets 6 points for beating SA because this is the first time all year they have been at the top or tied with the region lead.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
But it wont matter anyways. SA lost their best player to injury and I cant see them making it through a tough playoff run without him

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Who did they lose??

When did they lose him?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Mann has a lot of seniors with a lot of talent. They lost Riverside twice but I think when it comes down to it the talent of all their premier players should pull through and get them to the championship.
Also there is no chance that the lowerstate wins again. outside of riverside Mann and Chapin there is a dramatic drop of in competition.

E
bench
bench
E
I wouldn't but chapin in that conversation. When you actually look at them in five games they have scored 70 goals againist sub par teams. So in their other 16 games they only scored 34 and have allow 22. So when they play the better teams they have a hard time scoring.

L
bench
bench
L
Upper State
Riverside vs Chapin

Chapin struggled early to find the net but they have improved. Ignoring the lopsided games, scoring 3 against Airport and 4 in the BC game are pretty good numbers against strong teams. 15 of the 22 goals allowed where against the top 3 ranked 4A schools. I agree that the Riverside/Chapin game will be a good match to watch.

Chapin wins upper state.

Lower State
SA vs NMB

Don't know about the loss of a key player but SA is playing well right now coming into the playoffs. BC and Airport are inconsistent. AC Flora could be the surprise. NMB has a weak schedule, might impact their playoff performance against stronger teams.

SA wins lower state.

Chapin wins 3A.

B
corner kick
corner kick
B
Quote:

Lower State
SA vs NMB

Don't know about the loss of a key player but SA is playing well right now coming into the playoffs. BC and Airport are inconsistent. AC Flora could be the surprise. NMB has a weak schedule, might impact their playoff performance against stronger teams.

SA wins lower state.

Chapin wins 3A.

A.C. Flora is still in upper state this year - so it would be a real surprise if they won lower state. They along with Chapin(all sports but football) move into Region V lower state next season. SA moves back to 4A and Swansea moves down to 2A.

G
bench
bench
G
Quote:

But it wont matter anyways. SA lost their best player to injury and I cant see them making it through a tough playoff run without him

south aiken only lost one player to injury and he wasnt their best player. its baylor clark hes a junior, he messed his knee up

goal kick
goal kick
baylor did tear his acl. that whas a while ago. beat bc and airport without him. they didnt have their best player (brady francis) at the beginning of the year, hence the 1 and 4 start but are undefeated since his return i believe

S
bench
bench
S
Brady Francis' first game back was versus Airport. Airport won that match.

That being said, I wouldn't say that he has been the difference maker, the entire team has stepped up huge.

goal kick
goal kick
he had less than a week to get fitness back. not having played for a while. his form was off. brady is definitly the difference maker. take away the airport game.... 11 0 1 since

B
throw in
throw in
B
I have seen SA play. There is not one stand out. Many contribute on that team. If you are refering to the Baylor Clark who plays for the Augusta Arsenal then YES he does make a huge impact Who the h are you woah17.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Are you promoting yourself woah17

goal kick
goal kick
net... baylors quality was never in question he is a great player. im sayin brady makes that team and the stats show it. and no i am not promoting myself. i graduated high school many years ago just still a big fan

B
throw in
throw in
B
The stats show nothing defensive. Cant compare. He does not make the team.He is good but so are others that I have seen when I have been lucky enough to watch.I am happy however that you enjoy the games still. SA plays Greenwood on Thursday, I believe. Since I am not reffing, I will see you there. Look forward to it!

goal kick
goal kick
well then you should know that while he played he played centermid......
and not it aiken. see you tuesday at dreher?

B
throw in
throw in
B
No kidding. I said it shows nothing defensive because you cant compare players who play offense to players that play defense. Hence he is not the best player, but one of the better ones. Maybe in your opinion but not mine. No see you in Aiken THURSDAY against Greenwood.

B
throw in
throw in
B
By the way, it is awfully nice of you to travel and follow the SA boys soccer team. Are you sure you are not in high school? You kind of talk as though you are.

goal kick
goal kick
whew it is getting a little heated between net and woah. makes bernie wanna take his shirt off

G'd up from the feet up
corner kick
corner kick
I'm with bernie let's get to partying!

L
kick off
kick off
L
99% sure whoa is a former player that graduated last year.

B
throw in
throw in
B
If not a player, maybe a brother.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

99% sure whoa is a former player that graduated last year.

He knows the former trash talking Achmed....so he has been around for awhile

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
So what do the 3A playoffs look like now?

bench
bench
is hilton head island not in the running? i have had the chance to see them play a couple games. they have a very young but dangerous team. they consist of 11 underclassmen and had a chance of winning against beaufort and pinewood prep. the team showed the ability to win as well as they held off cross town rivals bluffton in a very good match. They are gonna suprise a few people this year. May not win it all but watch out as those underclass men grow up.

Liverpool Football Club. You Will Never Walk Alone
corner kick
corner kick
Chapin is looking very clutch right now. Joey just had a hat-trick against Spring Valley.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
bench
bench
I think Riverside might make it from Upper State but in Lower State it just depends on who stays hot and healthy. SA looks strong and healthy NOW, but so does NMB. BC can sometimes find a way to get hot in May as well. I'm just excited to see the way this year plays out!

"Agree to disagree"
bench
bench
Quote:

I think Riverside might make it from Upper State but in Lower State it just depends on who stays hot and healthy. SA looks strong and healthy NOW, but so does NMB. BC can sometimes find a way to get hot in May as well. I'm just excited to see the way this year plays out!

Landon's watching you coach! Watch your backs...

Donovan says no bearcats will be getting hot in may, unless their air conditioners at home are broken!

Im watching you too SmallSodaMan! (COACH)

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Holy Crap!!!! I guess if you pro BC you coach.
Well, little man child....you're wrong....again.
But considering that your previous posts show how actually little you know about high school soccer, we should not be surprised.

Keep posting.....it gives us coaches something to laugh about.

bench
bench
Quote:

Quote:

Holy Crap!!!! I guess if you pro BC you coach.
Well, little man child....you're wrong....again.
But considering that your previous posts show how actually little you know about high school soccer, we should not be surprised.

Keep posting.....it gives us coaches something to laugh about.

Landon has his eye on you SmallSodaMan/coach! that's what you need to worry about! along with that 1st round match, good luck you'll need it!

I Landon Donovan am now off to shoot 500 PKs and then sunbathe with David Beckham. Every PK I shoot is just another chance of victory for the good ole' USA in the 2010 World Cup. When I win I'm going to rename the tournament the Landon Donovan Cup

B
throw in
throw in
B
We have our eye on you pretend Landon Donovan/ who probably cant play soccer very well.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Think this chickenhead rolled up to my boat the other day to ask me where the party was at. I showed her my cabin through and through.

Do you know her Landon?

Puttin A's on B's
bench
bench
Quote:

Think this chickenhead rolled up to my boat the other day to ask me where the party was at. I showed her my cabin through and through.

Do you know her Landon?

OOOOO My wife is pretty hot huh coach?
Thats why its great to be Landon Donovan because while shes in my bed, You can only look at her picture online!

Pays to be America's most amazing player ever and not a tugboat captain!

Have a pleasant evening coach, Practice those PKs and be like Landon

D
bench
bench
D
The Upper State winner will come from Chapin, Riverside and JL Mann. I watched the Greenville/Mann game last night dodging the thunderstorms which Mann won in OT after playing very poorly for most of the game and being down 2-0 late in the first half. This was the first time I had seen Mann play and while they definitely have the talent to win the State, they are very inconistent and many of their players make too many mistakes. Their Center back intentionally ran over one of the Greenville players in the box which led to a penalty kick goal. Mann is very athletic however and still found a way to win. I have seen Riverside play 3 times and am very impressed with how hard they play and how well they are coached. I have not seen Chapin but am familiar with Joey Demare and would expect they will be very competitive. My pick is Riverside because of their consistency

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Upper State Final 4

Mann/Daniel- Don't know anything about Daniel this year but I'm guessing their not going to beat Mann.

Riverside/Chapin- Interesting match-up. I know Riverside is a very good team and so is Chapin but I'm giving the edge to Chapin. Clubbers Central there!

Upper State Final
Chapin/Mann-Should be a good one! Going with Chapin...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard