Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
T
does anybody have any favorites for who will make it and wind up winning as of this point in the season?

lower state or upper state, who gets the most props as the season is winding up?

world cup
world cup
The title of your post is redundant. It's 3A or AAA.

Riverside vs. South Aiken. Stone cold lock.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Girls vs Boy forum...this be girls

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
world cup
world cup
Are you lost, Achmed?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Achmed not lost...Achmed stupid.
Achmed thought you meant there was already a post about 3A State Championship....(but that was under boys forum).

But Hurst66 was making comment about 3AAA vs AAA or 3A.

"Ignore the bony guy behind the curtain"

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
world cup
world cup
Somebody get Achmed a sandwich, he's starting to resemble Kate Moss.

Achmed, you keep this up you are going to end up on the cover of OK! Magazine.

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

The title of your post is redundant. It's 3A or AAA.

Stone cold probable.

I might bet the car on Riverside to make finals, but I wouldn't bet the house. At least not until they get past Greenville, who I think offers the strongest matchup to Riverside in 3A. Of course, there is a lot riding on the Greenville/Mann game Monday that will impact when Riverside and Greenville may meet in the playoffs.

(Monday night GHS/Mann game could end the R2-3A season leaving a 3 way tie for title and tie breakers for seedings, or it could end with Greenville as outright region champion. #1 seed from R2-3A could not meet RHS until semifinals.)

goal kick
goal kick
When youre coming out of the upstate its any bodies ballgame.On any given day Riverside can be beaten by a host of teams.Eastside,JL Mann,Greenville,TR,nobodies gonna lay down just because its Riverside.Chapin and BC would also give a tough match.South Aiken thats a different story,they seem to be on a mission to return to and win 3A this year.But it really comes down to who can put a 5 game winning streak starting on May 10.

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Despite my prediction, I certainly agree that you have to play the games out. What makes soccer so special is that if you can defend, you can stay in a match. Goals are at a premium when you get down to the Final 8 in the state.

However, I would not agree with the "on any given day" statement. I think Riverside is a notch ahead of the others in the upperstate. The teams you mention are not going to beat them on "any given day", they are going to beat them on "their day".

Riverside is not unbeatable, I don't think any team in South Carolina is. Wando girls and Northwestern boys are probably real good bets to reach the state final, but neither is a guarantee to close the deal.

If you HAD to bet the farm on 3A, you would probably put your money on a Riverside - South Aiken final.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

Despite my prediction, I certainly agree that you have to play the games out. What makes soccer so special is that if you can defend, you can stay in a match. Goals are at a premium when you get down to the Final 8 in the state.

However, I would not agree with the "on any given day" statement. I think Riverside is a notch ahead of the others in the upperstate. The teams you mention are not going to beat them on "any given day", they are going to beat them on "their day".

Riverside is not unbeatable, I don't think any team in South Carolina is. Wando girls and Northwestern boys are probably real good bets to reach the state final, but neither is a guarantee to close the deal.

If you HAD to bet the farm on 3A, you would probably put your money on a Riverside - South Aiken final.

Hurst, I agree
If Riverside loses on there way to back to back state championships it will be considered an upset. Riverside is just hitting there stride and will be a very tough out.

brace
brace
The trick is getting teenage girls to focus during prom, finals, last 15 days of their senior year, powder puff football games, other proms, beach trip planning, regular school stuff, etc. Anyone who thinks these kids are professionals who come in every day with the killer attitude and the assassin spirit needed to win tournaments really doesn't either have a teenage girl or maybe doesn't coach 30-40.

The teams who are loaded with seasoned soccer players from clubs have a distinct advantage during this time of year.

Also, it is much harder to win when you have to travel 2 hours than it is to eat at home and come to the game to play.

This is great, isn't it?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
ROH,

I don't see the 2-hour road trip as difficult to overcome as potential "senioritis". I think I asked this question a few years ago on these boards......if you had just one year to coach a competitive girls high school team......"Would you rather have a team full of really good seniors or a team full of really good juniors?"

L
throw in
throw in
L
I agree with transplant about South Aiken. Of course I would! I have been both proud and amazed at how the younger players have stepped up after last year's title run. Some of the sophomore's are very good players, the juniors excelllent players, and the seniors outstanding players. I am dissapointed that some of our seniors opted out of college play. My bet before the season was that South Aiken would go back to Lower State for sure. From last year's championship, one or two different decisions could have changed the outcome, and I believe this year's team has learned from those decisions. This year I believe they will return for their second title shot. Go T'Breds.

B
throw in
throw in
B
I sure SA appreciates you attending their games and still supporting them!

S
goal
goal
S
Has a team ever won state cup like Riverside did last year playing with all Freshman and Sophomores ?
Last year was a rebuilding year after losing 8-9 seniors and they still won with youth.

bench
bench
Quote:

Has a team ever won state cup like Riverside did last year playing with all Freshman and Sophomores ?
Last year was a rebuilding year after losing 8-9 seniors and they still won with youth.

I don't know about how many FR/SO they had but Hilton Head had a bunch of young players a couple of years ago when they beat Riverside for the state title. However, I think their best player from that team that scored all of the goals couldn't get transportation from Bluffton once that school opened.

Electric City!!!
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

I agree with transplant about South Aiken. Of course I would! I have been both proud and amazed at how the younger players have stepped up after last year's title run. Some of the sophomore's are very good players, the juniors excelllent players, and the seniors outstanding players. I am dissapointed that some of our seniors opted out of college play. My bet before the season was that South Aiken would go back to Lower State for sure. From last year's championship, one or two different decisions could have changed the outcome, and I believe this year's team has learned from those decisions. This year I believe they will return for their second title shot. Go T'Breds.

SA all the way! T'breds on the 21st!

brace
brace
Quote:

ROH,

I don't see the 2-hour road trip as difficult to overcome as potential "senioritis". I think I asked this question a few years ago on these boards......if you had just one year to coach a competitive girls high school team......"Would you rather have a team full of really good seniors or a team full of really good juniors?"

Agreed. One of my seniors is in the play the next three nights, skipped Senior Night to go to a prom at another school by using a medical excuse to miss our game, and then her mother, of course, stated loudly at the next game when she didn't start (Lord forbid!) that I was mad at her. Not mad at her, she just isn't going to start anymore.

Principles, with an "e".

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
ROH,

It's great to see principles still practiced by someone. Thanks for carrying on those values that my dad, and probably yours, taught us as kids.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard