Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Also e-mail kyle@scsoccer.com so the S.C. High School Soccer Scoreboard can be updated accordingly. Thanks!

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
At Cane Bay

Academic Magnet 12
Cane Bay 1

F
goal kick
goal kick
F
At James Island

Wando 7
James Island 0

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
At Silver Bluff

Barnwell 5
Silver Bluff 0

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Spartanburg 1
Dorman 3

C
Coach
Coach
C
Berkeley/Stratford matches postponed until tomorrow, 5/5. Hoping for a sunny Cinco de Mayo.

I've got good news and bad news...
D
Goal
Goal
D
Senior Night @ Eastside

Eastside 3
Wade Hampton 0

Catie Moore - hat trick
Congratulations to seniors Angela Rivera, Kellie Douglas, Emily Tyler, Rebecca Eades and Catie Moore.

Last edited by DeltaDog; 05/05/10 12:35 AM.
C
throw in
throw in
C
5/4
@ West Florence
West Florence 5
Carolina Forest 1
Senior night for the Lady Knights as they win their 3rd straight Region 6 title. Congratulations to Alexandria Jackson, Beth Kapopalous, Jessie Lintz, Melanie Payne, Brianne Rainwater, Breanna Sutton and Diane Zybco.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 7
Greer 1

F
goal
goal
F
5/4
@ Westside

Westside 2
Daniel 1

Halftime - Westside 2 / Daniel 0

Westside goals by Danielle Boltin and Morgan Mckinney.

Of note, this was Westside's first ever win over Daniel.

It was the final game for seniors Danielle Boltin, Ally Bloom, Amanda Metcalf and Emily Howard. They have basically been the four horsemen of Westside; a group of girls whose dedication over the last 6 years has seen the program receive its first ever state ranking, 2 playoffs appearances, and back to back 12 win seasons - the highest win total in a 2 year span in school history.

Thanks for everything ladies, and best of luck in everything you strive to achieve in the future! You have made a lasting impression on the Westside community.

Ryan Roseberry
Westside High School

K
kick off
kick off
K
At Lexington

Lexington 6
North Augusta 0

M
bench
bench
M
@ Hillcrest

Mauldin 2
Hillcrest 0

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
Irmo 5-0 RNE

C
Brace
Brace
C
BC 4
Airport 0

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Nation Ford 2
South POinte 1

Kelly Ervin and Katie Bright with the NaFo goals.

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Aiken 2 Dutch Fork 1

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Anybody got insight on the DF game??

throw in
throw in
@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

Southside coach, tells the referee with 7 minutes left on the first half, he had enough and pulls his team off the field and told his players that the game was over. !!! OK.

GOOOALASO
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

Southside coach, tells the referee with 7 minutes left on the first half, he had enough and pulls his team off the field and told his players that the game was over. !!! OK.

8 Goals in 33 Minutes -- How many more goals was WHS planning on scoring?

Don't agree with what the Southside coach did either but there were two teams, and two coaches involved in this game.....

C
Brace
Brace
C
S. Aiken 2
Dreher 0

Final standings in Region V-AAA
1.) South Aiken 8-0
2.) BC 5-3
3.) Airport 3-5
3.) Dreher 3-5
5.) Swansea 1-7

Tie breaker for 3rd seed goes to Dreher. Good luck to all Region V-AAA teams in the playoffs.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

The following is from the SCHSL Constitution:
“NOTE: The Executive Committee considers it a breach of contract and unsportsmanlike conduct when a
school official removes a team from the playing area before a game is completed.”

This is also listed in the SCHSL Constitution as one of the infractions that incur three-hundred dollar fines:
“1. A school official removes a team from the playing area before a game is completed.”

I
goal
goal
I
Quote:

Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

Don't agree with what the Southside coach did either but there were two teams, and two coaches involved in this game.....

I do not have a kid on the team... but...

I know what that coach does to hold the score down. He plays with less than his normal number of players. He puts rules on them you have to do this you have to do that, then you can score. The one I heard from his girls the other week was you have to make thirty passes then you can shoot.

Like I said, I am not in WHS system, but the coach really holds back after a point. I guess the other guy could not handle the heat up front. What is a coach to do, make the girls run from Woodruff, then play?

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
@ Camden 5/4

JV Girls
Camden 1 v Gilbert 2

Varsity Girls
Camden 0 v Gilbert 1 in OT

Gilbert scored in the first OT.

Camden recognized 3 seniors, Lauren Geddings GK, Josey Dean MF, Etta Wilhelm MF/D..these 3 girls were great contributors to the Camden team, and Lauren and Josey were 4 year players that helped build the program and set the foundation for the upcoming years.

Won back to back region titles as well...Congrats on a great year!

J
kick off
kick off
J
BHP 6
Pendleton 0

brace
brace
Blue Ridge 8, Chapman 2

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

@ WOODRUFF
WOODRUFF 8 SOUTHSIDE 0

What is a coach to do, make the girls run from Woodruff, then play?

The answer is simple ... don't score!

But for everyone's sanity let's not start that debate again!

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
So how does that game go down in the score book? Dont you have to play full 40 mins for an official game. Does it go down as a forfeit by Southside??

S
throw in
throw in
S
Southside has an IB diploma curriculum and AP classes and Woodruff has AP classes. There are IB exams (2 day exams) and some AP exams this week. Could it be the Southside coach and the Woodruff coach had players that could use their time better studying for exams this week than playing a frustrating lopsided game that benefitted noone? I commend the coaches for looking out for the best interest of the total player. Everyone's time is at a premium in this final month with exams, end of the year events, tryouts etc. I doubt any of the kids on the field were disappointed on either team. Any Woodruff or Southside players feel otherwise?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Southside has an IB diploma curriculum and AP classes and Woodruff has AP classes. There are IB exams (2 day exams) and some AP exams this week. Could it be the Southside coach and the Woodruff coach had players that could use their time better studying for exams this week than playing a frustrating lopsided game that benefitted noone? I commend the coaches for looking out for the best interest of the total player. Everyone's time is at a premium in this final month with exams, end of the year events, tryouts etc. I doubt any of the kids on the field were disappointed on either team. Any Woodruff or Southside players feel otherwise?

Southside took the time to drive to Woodruff and back. They could have at least played another 7 minutes so it would be an official match. I had the same question as ghs26: Since they didn't complete at least a half, does it go down as a forfeit?

throw in
throw in
My players at Woodruff love to played the game. Don't matter whether is Southside or Mauldin. If their school was having any type of testing and he wanted to get the girls home early. All he had to do was talk to me prior to the start of the game, and we could of talk to the referees. Besides that, they were an hour late for the game, and then he pulled that one. And to answer your question my players just wanted to play on senior night. I feel for his players because they never quit and they wanted to keep playing. His girls thougth they were getting a water break and were surprise to hear that the game was over.

GOOOALASO
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Sets a poor example of sportsmanship and leadership to your school and players..it would be hard for me,as a parent,to respect a coach that plays that way.I'm sure his girls were embarassed by his actions and rightly so-it appears they had no say in the matter.

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
SCISA AAA State Quaterfinals

Pinewood Prep 9
Hammond 0

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Ouch....

S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 7 TL Hanna 1

Last edited by soccercrazy; 05/06/10 01:32 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
at Fort Dorchester

Beaufort 6:0 Fort D

Goals:
19:00 Ashleigh Shoemaker, a-Morgan Conners
27:00 Anna Stoddard
48:00 Amanda Conners, A-Hailey Conners
52:00 Jylian Damude
60:00 Anna Stoddard, A-Sydney Boggs
66:00 Anna Stoddard, A-Hailey Conners

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
@Barnwell
Senior Night

Barnwell 7

Pelion 0

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

Riverside 7 TL Hanna 1

Double ouch!!

S
goal
goal
S
Soccercrazy:

Is that a typo 7-1 you can't be serious.

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
@ Daniel
Daniel - 0
Walhalla - 1

Thanks to the five Daniel seniors who played in their final game tonight. Their leadership and attitude helped to make a tough season on the field into a GREAT one off the field. Julianna, Chelsea, Meghan, Michelle, and McKensie, the Daniel program will miss you, but it will be better because of you. You have made this Soccer Dad proud.

Last edited by NeverPlayed; 05/06/10 02:26 AM.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Soccercrazy:

Is that a typo 7-1 you can't be serious.

Waiting on Hobo........

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal
goal
S
The game was played at TL Hanna, shows what RHS can do with a nice wide field. Maybe TL Hanna would allow RHS to use there field during RHS run to a state title. Waiting on a confirmation on the score, if it truly is 7-1, all I can say is wow.

S
throw in
throw in
S
TL Hanna scored first 3-1 at half

J
kick off
kick off
J
BHP 1
Seneca 0

Great, hard fought game for the region 1 3A championship. Hats off to Seneca and I wish them the best of luck throughout the playoffs.

A
kick off
kick off
A
Quote:

I agree with the Woodruff coach? He could have easily spoke with him and they could have worked it out. If you cannot handle playing sports and school then don't play sports. All kids have exams, etc at this time so all at a premium- you NEVER walk off the field-totally unclassy. And as far as not scoring, anytime our team gets to 8-10, there is no more scoring. Unfortunately sometimes this happens but that is the way it goes.

P
Throw In
Throw In
P
The NFHS rule book allows for state associations to establish mercy rules. It seems that going up 8 to 10 goals and then "not scoring" is just as much a waste of time as any other solution, and just as embarrassing to the other team. Maybe it's time to look at a mercy rule.
OTOH, the other thread about establishing regional tiered leagues, regardless of school size, makes a lot more sense than mercy rules or the current structure, which may work well for basketball, football, and baseball, but clearly doesn't work well for soccer (IMHO).

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Yes the score is correct and "wow" is exactly what I said. Early going was fairly normal. We scored first then Riverside got a PK when a player was knocked down in the box. Then #12 took over, and I mean really took over. Riverside played very fast and were amazingly efficient converting their chances.

Quote:

The game was played at TL Hanna, shows what RHS can do with a nice wide field. Maybe TL Hanna would allow RHS to use there field during RHS run to a state title. Waiting on a confirmation on the score, if it truly is 7-1, all I can say is wow.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Who is #12 for Riverside?

brace
brace
I have been warning this entire body of wise men and women about Riverside since the beginning of the year. They are the real deal, and they are now interested. Barring weirdness, they will win AAA state.

The tradition continues.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
C
Goal
Goal
C
@ Northwestern
Senior Night

Northwestern 3
Andrew Jackson 0

Goals:
Senior- Jordan Randall (Olivia Huckabee)
Freshman- Lauren Watts (Helena Moore)
Senior- Natalie Mansueti (Cara Pennington)

C
Goal
Goal
C
As a side note,

Northwestern vs. Spartanburg tonight @ NW will be played in reverse order to accommodate SP players involved with testing.

Game times: Varsity @ 5:30
JV to follow after completion of Varsity match.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

I have been warning this entire body of wise men and women about Riverside since the beginning of the year. They are the real deal, and they are now interested. Barring weirdness, they will win AAA state.

The tradition continues.

Really stuck your neck out on that one, ROH.

I like UConn in 2011 to win the national championship in women's basketball.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
L
Goal
Goal
L
next year riverside will move to 4a, correct? you would think BE girls would move to 3a to be challenged in post season play. not sure why these 2 teams have it this way.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Senior Night at West Ashley
WA 8 CC 0 game called with 9 minutes left in game.

Best wishes to the Seniors...very impressive GPA's and community service.

brace
brace
Careful going down that path or you will get flame sprayed! (some people do not like that question) They are where they are cause they asked to be there simple as that. (note the players just play is it the admin who picks where)

hat-trick
hat-trick
Aren't they placed in the classes they are in because of their enrollment numbers?

goal
goal
7-1? 7-1? So much for TL Hanna's goalkeeper's average. Whew!

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
L
Goal
Goal
L
don't think so for riverside.......and BE doesn't have any comp in 2a..maybe 1 team from time to time.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Based on the 135-ADM enrollment numbers on the SCHSL site, Riverside has the 34th largest enrollment in the state. That clearly puts them in AAAA for the next two years.

L
Goal
Goal
L
if we had a tier system in place it would balance things out and make it better for all teams...especially ones that are fielding a new team vs getting blown out by 20 goals playing in their region. plus, not have a situation like BE where they basically win state championship every year. but with the leadership or lack of at the schsl you can't expect too much.

R
throw in
throw in
R
@ Hillcrest - Senior night
Hillcrest 6
Greenville Tech Charter 2
Goals Hillcrest: DeVita 2, Nelson 2, Colombo, Dacus

thank you to our two seniors Mica Colombo and Erica Snyder, and congratulations to Mica. She is a 4 year starting defender at Hillcrest and scored her first goal ever last night.

S
goal
goal
S
#12 is Krista Hagler for Riverside. Krista is very fast and excellent running down the side and serving balls towards the box. She has committed to Elon for 2011.
2 goals and 3 assit against TL Hanna last night. Why wouldn't you man mark her and take away her ability to serve balls all night long, put your fastest player on her and try and slow her down.
Great job last night Krista.

brace
brace
Quote:

Based on the 135-ADM enrollment numbers on the SCHSL site, Riverside has the 34th largest enrollment in the state. That clearly puts them in AAAA for the next two years.

24th is the actual rank.

goal
goal
34th in 4A is correct, ROH. Been that way for years at RHS, but they always got to petition to remain in 3A since they were one of the smaller schools as long as another school would switch places with them. Now they're so big they can't negotiate those sweetheart deals anymore.

Should pave the way for Eastside to dominate the Upper State the next two years with challenges from Fort Mill and Greenville.

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

24th is the actual rank.

1 Wando 3229
2 Dorman  3214
3 Summerville  3126
4 Lexington  2608
5 Sumter  2431
6 Fort Dorchester  2346
7 Stratford  2283
8 James F Byrnes  2221
9 Mauldin  2149
10 Hillcrest  2136
11 Spartanburg 2106
12 Gaffney 2100
13 Dutch Fork  2088
14 Boiling Springs  2080
15 West Ashley 2054
16 Irmo  2029
17 Rock Hill  2012
18 Blythewood  1976
19 Ridge View  1955
20 White Knoll  1920
21 Spring Valley  1877
22 Carolina Forest  1855
23 Clover  1815
24 T L Hanna  1786
25 Northwestern  1774
26 Wren  1743
27 West Florence  1730
28 Lancaster  1715
29 Westside  1700
30 Goose Creek  1681
31 Beaufort  1670
32 Colleton County  1667
33 Greenwood  1652
34 Riverside 1651
35 Easley  1627
36 North Augusta  1611
37 South Florence  1597
38 Aiken  1593
39 Woodmont  1590
40 Conway  1589
41 James Island Charter 1546
42 Lugoff-Elgin  1515
43 Richland Northeast  1502
44 Ashley Ridge 1500
45 Laurens Dist 55  1495
46 Orangeburg-Wilkinson 1494
47 South Aiken  1488
48 J L Mann  1486

U
throw in
throw in
U
Sweet, I didn't see you at the game last night, are you back in town?

goal kick
goal kick
I think he has a video feed for all the games to his Harbour Island home.Must be nice!!

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
U
throw in
throw in
U
Somebody has to be filling Sweet in. It's not me. Is it you Hobo? Transplant? I can't think of anyone else. Sweet posts about Riverside girls games before I can get home from the game myself,and he lives in Florida. Technology has just gone to a new level.

brace
brace
Quote:

Should pave the way for Eastside to dominate the Upper State the next two years with challenges from Fort Mill and Greenville.

Eastside lost to Greenville twice this year so I would say Greenville is in better position to "dominate". Fort Mill will have to rebuild after losing 11 seniors, do not even think about them they will be under the radar next year Ignore the team behind the curtain... ignore the team behind the curtain... ingnore the........

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Pinewood 7
Heathwood Hall 0

Pinewood will play the winner of Cardinal Newman / St. Joes Saturday for the state championship.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Shannon Forest- 2
Spartanburg Day- 0

Shannon Forest earned the #5 seed in the 16 team NCISAA playoffs. They will host Oakwood School (Greenville, NC) tomorrow night at 6:00 pm

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Greenville spoilt the possibility of a 3-way tie in Region II-AAA tonight with a 1-0 win over rival J.L. Mann.
What a nice present for our 6 seniors on senior night!

Goal scored by Sydney Robinson in 26th minute seals the region championship for the Lady Raiders.

corner kick
corner kick
@ DF

DF 2 Irmo 1

Tomorrow...is too late.
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Questionable call on the first free kick for DF-called the keeper for picking up the ball when it was kicked to her by a DF player,not the Irmo defender...resulted in a goal that tied it 1-1. Oh well,next stop playoffs!

throw in
throw in
LTP Quit making excuses for Irmo they lost... move on

Nothing is Impossible
A
kick off
kick off
A
@James Island
JI-5
Berkeley-0

C
bench
bench
C
@ White Knoll

White Knoll 2 Lexington 1

corner kick
corner kick
Makeup from Monday, at Gaffney:

Fort Mill 3
Gaffney 0

Doin' it the hard way...
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Congratulations to White Knoll! Good season for the Timberwolves.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Once again,not making excuses..just stating what happened on a play. Seems that everyone else does that on this site. Dutch Fork won Irmo lost. Moving on to playoffs-like I said before..can we move on now?

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Aiken 1 North Augusta 0

Goal
Goal
with DF's win and Lex's loss, how does the tie breaker in that region work out since both are sitting at 12-2? Lex lost to DF and Whike Knoll and DF lost to Lex and Aiken.

corner kick
corner kick
At Beaufort

Beaufort 5:0 Colleton County

Goals
27:00 Hailey Conners
36:00 Hailey Conners, A-Jessica Allen
41:00 Hailey Conners, A-Jylian Damude
48:00 Grayson Lambert, A-Anna Stoddard
61:00 Morgan Conners, A-Jylian Damude

Senior Night for the Lady Eagles. Congratulations to Morgan Conners, Anna Stoddard, Star Clark, Samantha Sullivan, Jessica Allen and Ashley Zapp and China Quirin. These young ladies are responsible for making Beaufort a force to be reckoned with in the region and have experienced many firsts for Beaufort High soccer.

corner kick
corner kick
Lex/DF I think they are Co-Region champs and Lexington would get the #1 seed based on their Non Region schedule. I may be wrong but i think the Non Region games are the tiebreaker.

Tomorrow...is too late.
C
bench
bench
C
Region V Tie breaker
1. Head to head
2. Points within region
Based on this Lexington and Dutch Fork are region co-champions and Lexington gets the 1 seed.
DF loss to Aiken hurt them more than Lexington's loss to WK
3. M Morabito, your right, if Lexington and DF had to go to 3rd tie-breaker, Lexington would have won.

R
kick off
kick off
R
@ Fort Dorchester
Summerville 1
Fort Dorchester 2

At the half, 0-0. Summerville certainly had the better of control, and plenty of chances, but Fort D managed to put away their chances. Congrats to the Lady Patriots on a good win.

corner kick
corner kick
WOW!! That is definitely not the same Fort D team we played last night.
Any idea who holds the tie breaker between West Ashley and Summerville?

world cup
world cup
5/4

Clover 4
Rock Hill 0

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Blythewood 2

Rock Hill 0

..and I have to take just a moment to brag on the girls if you don't mind.

With the win the Ladies go to 9-1 in the region and tie with Spring Valley for the Region Title. 1st Region title for the program.

Great Job Ladies!!

tk

Tony King
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
NaFo 9
Lewisville 0

Not sure the Lady Lions had a sub.....they battled hard thru the first half but ran out of gas in the second. A lot of girls scored for NaFo....Regan Molloy had two and an assist. All three seniors (Macy Simpson, Nicole Parks, Dani Agnew) scored.

world cup
world cup
May need confirmation from Cantona, but here is what I heard:

Spartanburg 1
Northwestern 0

Megan Polson with a game-winning free kick in the 79th minute. Heart-breaker for the Lady Trojans!

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Saw the game. It was Irmo defender who played it back. And, that led to the second goal. First goal came from direct kick awarded when the keeper came out of the 18 and fouled the DF attacker; strategically a good foul. Irmo played the better game but two keeper mistakes led to DF goals.

K
corner kick
corner kick
K
If you saw the game then you are just not that smart. First off, it was off a DF player on the second goal when the Irmo defender and DF forward were fighting for the ball. Secondly even if was off an Irmo player, it was unintentional which a keeper can pick up. The first foul was absolute rubbish. It was a 50-50 ball outside the box, which the keeper then becomes a field player. She won the ball( Clearly as it goes out of bounds), both players went in fairly and should not of been a call. Great finishing on DF's part, but those calls were not warranted. In the end it doesn't matter but when you have a game(s) taken away.It gets a little on the annoying side. Irmo's keeper played a great game and the game was not lost by keeper mistakes. Thank you for your input though and let's move on to playoffs. Hopefully Irmo will see DF again!

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
How come Irmo's boys are always so much better than the girls team?

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

...let's move on to playoffs. Hopefully Irmo will see DF again!

Dutch Fork will probably have to knock off Wando in the second round for that to happen. Fourth seed Irmo may actually have an easier path through the playoffs than second seed Dutch Fork.

corner kick
corner kick
Grats to the lady Bengal's for the region title it is well deserved and there should be more to come with such a young team!

M
bench
bench
M
HBA that is a totally inappropriate
question/remark.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Well I was at the game with my daughter, who knows and has played with many of the players on both teams, because she wanted to see them play. We spoke to many of them after the game as well as their parents; I consider all of them my friends. I have no 'pony in this race' otherwise.

So let me get this straight, you're saying I'm not smart because I don't agree with you, or because I agree with what the center ref saw? PLEASE clarify, because I'M NOT TOO SMART!!!! Perhaps everyone who saw what I saw (which is what the ref saw) are not smart. Okay, I apologize for saying they were keeper errors. Yes she did play a very good game, didn't know saying a mistake was made meant that individual had a bad game. So let me say this, the two mistakes by the center ref led to the DF goals, thus the win. It's just too bad that the mistakes and errors were made by the referees. When will they ever get anything right? I'm not smart enough to know that players and coaches don't make mistakes, only referee's.

A
kick off
kick off
A
On tuesday night-Clover 4, Rock Hill 0....Senior night for the blue eagles, and two of them scored, Kelsey Hamilton and Jackie Antunes. Also Jordan Allen had an assist and Brooke and Ashley had a great game.......We will certainly miss these seniors.

Sorry so late......exam week

A
kick off
kick off
A
Congrats to Spring Valley, Clover, Mauldin, for winning their respective regions.......look forward to seeing some great matches.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Spartanburg 1
Northwestern 0

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Quote:

If you saw the game then you are just not that smart. First off, it was off a DF player on the second goal when the Irmo defender and DF forward were fighting for the ball. Secondly even if was off an Irmo player, it was unintentional which a keeper can pick up. The first foul was absolute rubbish. It was a 50-50 ball outside the box, which the keeper then becomes a field player. She won the ball( Clearly as it goes out of bounds), both players went in fairly and should not of been a call. Great finishing on DF's part, but those calls were not warranted. In the end it doesn't matter but when you have a game(s) taken away.It gets a little on the annoying side. Irmo's keeper played a great game and the game was not lost by keeper mistakes. Thank you for your input though and let's move on to playoffs. Hopefully Irmo will see DF again!

Stating that dhunter is not that smart because he disagreed with your opinion? Wow - how arrogant and obnoxious can someone be? That was totally uncalled for and shows me just what kind of coach you are.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Irmo was in the same spot last year...tough crowd down at Wando!

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
It wasn't his "opinion". It is the way it happened.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Not according to the referee. The way the referee sees it determines "the way it happened".

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Irmo was in the same spot last year...tough crowd down at Wando!

I know. I was there.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
And wouldn't it be great if the ref was always correct? :

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

And wouldn't it be great if the ref was always correct? :

Over the years it's been my experience that, for most people, whether or not the referee is correct depends on which team they support.

In this situation, dhunter is a neutral party and he saw it the same way the referee saw it.

S
Throw In
Throw In
S
Quote:

What makes you the expert on these plays? Why is your opinion and the Irmo coach's opinion the only correct way to see these calls? You are only showing your ignorance on your numerous posts on this game.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

Quote:

Dutch Fork will probably have to knock off Wando in the second round for that to happen. Fourth seed Irmo may actually have an easier path through the playoffs than second seed Dutch Fork.

Dutch Fork doesn't come near Wando in the 2nd round. Lexington will probably play Wando in the second round.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
Shannon Forest- 6
Oakwood School (NC)- 1

SFCS will now play the #4 seed Community Christian in the second round of NCISAA playoffs in Wilson, NC on Tuesday.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dutch Fork doesn't come near Wando in the 2nd round. Lexington will probably play Wando in the second round.

Yes, you are correct, but at the time I wrote this post I was going on Coach Fryland's post (see below) that Lexington had the 1 seed and Dutch Fork the 2 seed. Of course we now know that is reversed and Irmo could possibly see Dutch Fork next Friday.

Poster: Coach Fryland
Quote:

Region V Tie breaker
1. Head to head
2. Points within region
Based on this Lexington and Dutch Fork are region co-champions and Lexington gets the 1 seed.
DF loss to Aiken hurt them more than Lexington's loss to WK
3. M Morabito, your right, if Lexington and DF had to go to 3rd tie-breaker, Lexington would have won.

L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Please don't call me ignorant. My daughter was the Irmo player in the play and the player from DF kicked the ball..not her,and that is why our keeper picked it up.I do believe the Irmo keeper has enough sense to know the play on the field and that is why she picked up the ball.Can we let it go now??

D
bench
bench
D
New to this, but here goes! First, Referees are human and make mistakes, just as we all do. It does seem,from the posts I have seen, that refs are a problem all over.As you may have guessed by the name, I am the father of the Irmo keeper. I will not lower myself to name calling here and respect the right to your opinions. I will say however that my daughter has played keeper for some time and would NEVER pick up a ball that was intentionally passed back. Doesn't change the outcome or the fact that we as a team did not capitalize on our opportunities, but who knows where we would have gone without the 2nd goal? As far as what kind of coach Irmo has, I would say a pretty darn good one to take a team that was going through the things this team has gone through with the coaching change and all the assorted injuries to key players and be in every single game this season! Way to go Coach!You have done a great job this season! Congrats to DF, Lex, and WK for great seasons and good luck in the playoffs!

C
bench
bench
C
from 5/5
@ ridgeview

chapin 1
ridgeview 2

from 5/6
Senior night @ chapin

chapin 13
Lower Richland 0

I
goal
goal
I
Boiling Springs Varsity girls 5-1 over Byrnes. Nice to get one of our forwards back off injury.

D
throw in
throw in
D
May 4, 2010
Wade Hampton (Hampton) canceled game with Ashley Ridge due to school awards conflict.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard