Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
M
They are obviously doing more than playing soccer. A brilliant artistic piece.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1569972706?bctid=82103561001

Article from People.com

Ladies, you now have a reason to like soccer. Several reasons, in fact.

With the World Cup approaching, Vanity Fair is publishing some revealing photographs of many of the sport's biggest stars – wearing a lot less than they will in South Africa when the games begin next month.

Among the hunks showing off their battle-ready physiques in the Annie Leibovitz portraits: Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo, Ivory Coast's Didier Drogba, USA's Landon Donovan, Cameroon's Samuel Eto'o and Brazil's Kaká. For an added dose of patriotism, each player strips down to underwear designed in the colors of his nation's flag.

Leibovitz traveled to Milan, Madrid, London and Brooklyn for the photo shoots.

South Africa is hosting this year's World Cup, the first to be played on the African continent. The tournament begins June 11 with the host nation taking on Mexico in Johannesburg. The final will be played July 11 on the same field.

world cup
world cup
Thanks mom.

And remember, while you are out there purchasing next month's issue of Vanity Fair, be sure to pick up a copy of ESPN's World Cup Guide!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
M
Quote:

Thanks mom.

And remember, while you are out there purchasing next month's issue of Vanity Fair, be sure to pick up a copy of ESPN's World Cup Guide!

Hurst, My kid has that already but it isn't nearly as interesting as this article . They also left Tim Howard out of the article on goalkeepers. He is my favorite.

world cup
world cup
mom,

And I thought you read Vanity Fair for the cutting-edge editorial.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
M
Absolutely. Seriously, I have never read Vanity Fair but I will pick up this edition. I am sure a young ex-college soccer player came up with this idea. She is now enjoying a promotion and a window office in New York.

world cup
world cup

corner kick
corner kick
Not gonna lie; I heartily approve of this issue and will be making it my first purchase of VF ;-).

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
brace
brace
You know the women's cup is only a year away now

M
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
M
I have been scouring the newstands looking for this magazine. Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
i hope that theboywholovessoccer isn't reading these posts...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard