Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#135317 05/06/10 04:53 PM
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Congratulations to Irmo junior Emmett Lunceford for being named the 2010 Gatorade Player of the Year.

ESPN RISE

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Awesome! Way to go Emmett!!! We are proud, and you should be too, of your accomplishments !!! Lot's of good players this year to even be considered into this honor. Congrats to all the high school athletes who compete while giving it their best!

goal
goal
When is the last time a player from the Greenville/Spartanburg area won this award?

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
corner kick
corner kick
Enzo won it the last 3 years

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
S
goal
goal
S
Congrats Emmett!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Congratulations Emmett! A great young man. Well deserved.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Enzo won it the last 3 years

If you are insinuating that Enzo is from the Greenville/Spartanburg area then you are incorrect. Northwestern is in Rock Hill which is about and 1 1/2 hours from Greenville.

Congrats Emmett!

Last edited by sG; 05/06/10 06:55 PM.

One Time!
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

If you are insinuating that Enzo is from the Greenville/Spartanburg area then you are incorrect. Northwestern is in Rock Hill which is about and 1 1/2 hours from Greenville.

Congrats Emmett!

Nope....insinuating that no one has won it lately but Enzo

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
World Cup
World Cup

Looking at the picture, Clint Dempsey is in his Fulham jersey and his arms around Irmo's Emmett Lunceford's shoulders. Emmett is huddled with Northwestern's Ricardo Garbanzo.

Last edited by Dave Easley; 05/07/10 12:54 AM.
E
bench
bench
E
I'd take Alex over him without even having to think about it.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Eye, how hard is it to think with nothing between your ears?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Well ESPN thought differently.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Congrats Emmett you worked hard and are well deserving of the award!!!

kick off
kick off
Way to go Emmett! Getting it done!!!

@chicagoredstars
T
bench
bench
T
Congrats to emmet on this award! He Is a solid player. I was most def not expecting this though. I thought Dennis Moore would of grabbed this. He has been scoring off the chain and has played well for 2 years now. Scoring at least 2 goals in every game. He is truly a unique kid and teammate. Maybe it's bc Enzo has won it for the last 3 yrs and didn't want another NW boy to win it ;p! And what about Demare? I've seen him play in LMC scored 3 against irmo 2 Fortmil and 3 goals against spring valley last week. That's not something just anyone can do. Prob has 30 goals by now and is playing the best teams in state. But with all do respect congrats to Emmet. He is very solid player!

E
bench
bench
E
Quote:

It wouldn't be hard at all if that was the case.

Quote:

Quote:

ESPN rarely saw them play, and judges largely by team performance (Irmo beat NW this year) and stats. Wasn't the only game they saw head to head the State Championship last year? Alex dominated the game, and if you didn't know who Emmett was before the game, you would have never noticed him out there.

bench
bench
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ESPN rarely saw them play, and judges largely by team performance (Irmo beat NW this year) and stats. Wasn't the only game they saw head to head the State Championship last year? Alex dominated the game, and if you didn't know who Emmett was before the game, you would have never noticed him out there.

I bet Manchester would disagree

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Alex might have outplayed him in one game last year, but then again that was LAST year. Pretty sure his award is for THIS year. Emmett dominated NW at the LMC. I didn't even notice Alex out there. Quit riding NW so hard and give Emmett some credit. I would take him any day over Alex, mostly because Alex has the attitude of a toddler on the field.

G'd up from the feet up
M
brace
brace
M
A comparison of Alex and Emmett must first recognize the different styles of the players and how their styles impact their respective teams at their midfield positions.

Each player possesses qualities which enable them to more often than not put their stamp on the game. Drawing a comparison of the two during the 2009 State Final is a little misguided as Emmett played up top for all but the final 15 minutes and Alex played in the middle during the entire match.

Had the two of them been in the middle vs each other then I would say we are comparing apples to apples, but that wasn't the case.

Move forward to the 2010 meeting between NW and IRMO during the LMC and you had both of them in the middle of the park during the entire match. If you ask me, that's a much better way to compare styles and the effectiveness of two natural midfielders.

Alex is without a doubt an exceptional and passionate player who loves to have the ball at his feet while making plays. Emmett is a playmaker who loves one touch soccer and movement without the ball. Nothing wrong with either one. They are just two completely different styles of play that more often than not get the job done in a big way for their respective teams.

If NW and IRMO should happen to find themselves playing a rematch on 5/22 in front of another 8,000 plus fans, the match within the match will likely be in the middle of the pitch. Very much looking forward to that if it happens.

Eye, Shirtless and Cantona keep up your passion for your players. That's what makes this game so great for fans and players alike.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
Why were they both in the park during the entire match?

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

Why were they both in the park during the entire match?

They were feeding the ducks!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
Awesome!

corner kick
corner kick
well all i can say is i personally know alex on the field. and he is the biggest sissy and whinner. thats what the last half of club season he did not play too much cause he holds the ball way too long and crys when things dont go his way. he is extremely selfish. but dont get me wrong hes a decent player but just nothing near Emmett hence why Emmett won this award. Emmetts style of play is unparalleled. his one two touch play is amazing. played against both guys before. emmett wayyyy better. thats my two cents... thank you... 10 17 BRICKSQUAD!!!1! hollllla to my mane WAKKKKKAAAAA

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
goal kick
goal kick
I'm in disbelief that you just described Alex Martinez as a "decent" player. Alex is one of the best players in the entire astate. The goals and the assists that he has racked up are simply briiant. He has the ability to take over, control, and win games for his respective teams. He "crys when things dont go his way" because of his extreme passion for the game of soccer. He refuses to be beat/lose the ball and he never gives up. Come on man, give the kid some credit where credit is due. To say that Alex is decent is an incorrect and overall ignorant statement.

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

I'm in disbelief that you just described Alex Martinez as a "decent" player. Alex is one of the best players in the entire astate. The goals and the assists that he has racked up are simply briiant. He has the ability to take over, control, and win games for his respective teams. He "crys when things dont go his way" because of his extreme passion for the game of soccer. He refuses to be beat/lose the ball and he never gives up. Come on man, give the kid some credit where credit is due. To say that Alex is decent is an incorrect and overall ignorant statement.

Irony at it's best. The kid is calling someone ignorant while misspelling "brilliant" and "state". Haha gotta love it

G'd up from the feet up
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

lets just kiss his ass while your at it

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
goal kick
goal kick
Good work at pointing out some typos Bernie.

Now time to point out your lack of grammatical knowledge.

You said "Irony at it's best." Technically what you are saying here is "Irony at it is best." Doesn't really make much sense.

Defenders have been kissing his ass all year. I'm just giving recognition where recognition is needed.

corner kick
corner kick
Are you don't need kneepads while your down there?

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
goal kick
goal kick
Nope, I'm good. I can tell that Alex eats a lot of pineapple.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M

kick off
kick off
Congrats Emmett. Well deserved award played alongside you in practices before and against you in games. All around solid player

goal kick
goal kick
I think Cesc is going to High Pointe as Alex's "personal assistant"

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard