throw in
throw in
B
Close game

B
throw in
throw in
B
What from the cage? Halftime scores anyone?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
No game at The Cage tonight, but the latest update is that B-C freshman Kacee Merritt just tied the game 1-1 in the second half at Myrtle Beach.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Great game! Go bearcats

L
kick off
kick off
L
Looking for updates from Wando and DF anyone

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Myrtle Beach 1:2 Brookland-Cayce (Final)

Bearcats will either play at Hilton Head Island or host Dreher on Friday!

Way to go Lady Bearcats!!!

B
throw in
throw in
B
Is that a final for BC?

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
per reports from the Beach, it is ... this is from "student reports" ... still awaiting final word!!!

J
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
J
Final
Hilton Head 2
Dreher 1
Overtime

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
FINAL!!! Myrtle Beach 1-2 Brookland-Cayce

Sophomore Noel McDaniel with the game-winner with just 2 minutes left.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Super! Great Job!

S
goal
goal
S
wando 3
lexi 0

B
throw in
throw in
B
Any more updates? Upstate?

corner kick
corner kick
TL Hanna- 4
Fort Mill-2

4-0 at half

Goals
Bryan-2
Drennan-1
Summer Miller-1
Assist
Bryan
Anderson
Witcher

That there is an RV Clark......
corner kick
corner kick
Christ Church 9
Indian Land 0

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
B
throw in
throw in
B
Riverside, Eastside, Mann, Airport, Greenville?

corner kick
corner kick
@DF

DF 2 JI 1

Tomorrow...is too late.
B
throw in
throw in
B
Good Job Dutch Fork!

B
throw in
throw in
B
SA VS ST JAMES?

C
kick off
kick off
C
Spartanburg 0
Clover 2

B
throw in
throw in
B
Wow< 4A very interesting

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

FINAL!!! Myrtle Beach 1-2 Brookland-Cayce

Sophomore Noel McDaniel with the game-winner with just 2 minutes left.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
D
throw in
throw in
D
i heard that there was a very very poorly called PK called in the last 2 minutes of Double OT. VERY BIAS reffing even from a Dreher homer.

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up"
Goal
Goal
Stratford -2
West Ashley -1

C
Goal
Goal
C
Summerville/West Florence?

S
goal
goal
S
as long as you heard that, it must be true

H
kick off
kick off
H
South Aiken 6
St. James 0

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Great Job Knights, way to go on the road two rounds in a row and win...so proud

Scott D. Ruggles
Stratford High School
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Barnwell 5
Ashley Ridge 0

M
bench
bench
M
@ Mauldin

Mauldin 2
Blythewood 0

C
throw in
throw in
C
@West Florence in OT
Summerville 1
West Florence 0
The Summerville keeper was amazing. Must have made 30 or more saves. Congratulations to the Green Wave.

M
throw in
throw in
M
BE 10
Wade Hampton 0

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
2nd Round
@ Woodruff

Woodruff 8
Andrew Jackson 0

B
throw in
throw in
B
Greenville? Dorman? Airport? A C Flora?

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Airport 2
NMB 0

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Unofficial
Dorman 2
Spring Valley 0

T
kick off
kick off
T
Looks like Region 5 3A wanted to prove something with 3 outta the 4 going to 3rd round and a very close game with Dreher almost pulling out that win as well.

Congrats for all the hard work these ladies have put forth all season long, I hope it continues all the way through.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
"i heard that there was a very very poorly called PK called in the last 2 minutes of Double OT. VERY BIAS reffing even from a Dreher homer. "

Sorry Coach - you heard wrong. I'm not a big fan of PKs settling a match in any manner, but that call was obvious. Ball played into the box from the left side to the feet of a HH forward in front of the goal (near post) and a Dreher defender came from behind her and into her body - knocking her forward and off the ball. Unfortunate timing and placement, but a clear foul that denied a scoring opportunity.

Not saying that HH deserved the win, but one of those games where HH had innumerable opportunities in regulation and only finished one - while Dreher had one opportunity and finished it.

I will be surprised if HH gets by BC.

Last edited by lfc; 05/13/10 02:18 AM.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
At Academic Magnet

Academic Magnet 4
Hanahan 0

1-0 at half

throw in
throw in
SSC 1 WALHALLA 2

GOOOALASO
J
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
J
Coach, the Dreher goal came from a questionable call on a throw in. Center missed the Assistant's flag raised and the Lady Blue Devils scored. The ref was not in top form tonight for both sides.

C
bench
bench
C
@ Chapin

Chapin 0
JL Mann 2

Unfortunate for chapin, had to play Mann three times this season, and beat them the two previous times. Couldn't pull out the most important one.

Mann was very unclassy, and even with a 2-0 lead, collected 3 or 4 yellow cards for cursing, taking chapin players out without attempting to even go for the ball, and kicking the ball away from chapin players after a foul or hand ball had been called. Even the coach was making negative comments to chapin players through out the game.

Oh well, maybe karma will strike back when Mann has to travel to riverside....

Last edited by chapinsoccer1234; 05/13/10 02:30 AM.
D
throw in
throw in
D
i apologize all my reports came from the dreher side. but it is disappointing about all the poor reffing this year.

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up"
K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
The Wando team was a very good host tonight! A very clean classy game by both teams. Wando was just simpley amazing in the midfield! Stinks we had to play them this early. Good luck Warriors and Coach Champ!

Goal
Goal
Quote:

The Wando team was a very good host tonight! A very clean classy game by both teams. Wando was just simpley amazing in the midfield! Stinks we had to play them this early. Good luck Warriors and Coach Champ!

Props for a classy post

C
Brace
Brace
C
Airport 2
NMB 0

long drive....

T
kick off
kick off
T
what about the waccamaw game in 2A lower state?

C
bench
bench
C
Super nice facility at Woodruff. Great fans great team. Good luck to the Woodruff girls. Quality team!!

L
Goal
Goal
L
Quote:

Coach, the Dreher goal came from a questionable call on a throw in. Center missed the Assistant's flag raised and the Lady Blue Devils scored. The ref was not in top form tonight for both sides.

could you share details on the call or missed call?

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
A great game @ Wando by two very talented teams. It's really a shame that a quality team like Lexington had to exit so early in the playoffs.

Wando goals were scored by

Melissa McCool, Freshman
Brook Lisson, Senior
Kelsey Timmerman, Junior

Great play by both keepers. Amelia Henderson for Wando made 2 incredible saves to keep the score from being close. She made many excellent plays/decisions throughout the game! Definately the MVP of the night! You have to add her to the best goalies in the state list.

As a side note, the referee was terrible both ways. No game changing calls, but it would be nice to have referees that KNOW the rules, call them consistently and can keep up with game play. I know there are good referees out there. Sure hope to see them in the coming games!

Congratulations to the Lowcountry teams, Wando, Stratford and Summerville, for making it to round 3!

world cup
world cup
The center referee for the Fort Mill - TL Hanna game last night was excellent. She did a great job.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
bench
bench
just wanted to give some props to dorman girls on a well played game last night. much better team than i expected and i would have to contribute it to some great coaching it seems like. can't say anything good about their fans tho, sorry! it was a tough one but good luck the rest of the way. still cant quite say i'm pulling for ya though, but it certainly could get interesting and people should know not under estimate them!

S
goal
goal
S
i agree about the lexington team, good team & the fullbacks matched up well with wando.
the refs were a very experienced crew last night & did a great job.
all the ref bashing is kind of silly & i would suggest some of you get certified.

K
Kickoff
Kickoff
K
"i agree about the lexington team, good team & the fullbacks matched up well with wando."
Thank you sandman! Our back line consisted of 2 freshman and a junior so watch out next year because these girls will be back! ha

A
bench
bench
A
TL Hanna - 4
Fort Mill - 2

WOW, wouldn't have thought this, with FM returning 21 players (from a state semi-final team), having double digit seniors and a hand picked coach. Interesting!

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
SVgoal10,

Thank you very much for the compliment! Spring Valley was a very good team and gave us all we could handle. You have one of the best and well respected coaches in the state. The keeper was outstanding for Spring Valley.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Hey DS...get your fans in line! Must be that loud mouth mom again!

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
C9,

Easy now . I thought our parents were well behaved. They did share their dissatisfaction with some of the questionable calls being made and some of the no calls. Our parents, students and friends of Dorman Soccer drove a long way to support our ladies. And we thank them for the support and positive encouragement.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
[quote "but that call was obvious. Ball played into the box from the left side to the feet of a HH forward in front of the goal (near post) and a Dreher defender came from behind her and into her body - knocking her forward and off the ball. Unfortunate timing and placement, but a clear foul that denied a scoring opportunity."

Then that should have been a red card, right? Was any card issued?

world cup
world cup
Quote:

TL Hanna - 4
Fort Mill - 2

WOW, wouldn't have thought this, with FM returning 21 players (from a state semi-final team), having double digit seniors and a hand picked coach. Interesting!

AA,

Six posts and your first five concerned the SC Rush. Wow! I saw this coming.

News flash....Pittsburgh Penguins lost last night too. Defending champs. Everybody back. Sid the Kid.

Wow!.....can't win them all.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

[quote "but that call was obvious. Ball played into the box from the left side to the feet of a HH forward in front of the goal (near post) and a Dreher defender came from behind her and into her body - knocking her forward and off the ball. Unfortunate timing and placement, but a clear foul that denied a scoring opportunity."

As exhibited in the playoff/championship games last year, some high school refs are not aware of this rule. Or is this one of those rules that don't apply to HS? Coach P???

bench
bench
no problem dorman soccer!
and Celtic 9, Dorman soccer was right, the parents were fine just some of those dorman boys (and boyfriends, i think) were a little rowdy but who can blame em. everyone is but usually you just can't hear them and right about good support, it's hard to come by for girls soccer so you take what you can get; at least thats how it goes most of the time.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

TL Hanna - 4
Fort Mill - 2

I thought the same thing. Sometimes you get what you deserve.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

As exhibited in the playoff/championship games last year, some high school refs are not aware of this rule. Or is this one of those rules that don't apply to HS? Coach P???

Not enough info given to make a red card determination. A foul maybe, PK maybe...a card of any color doubtful (based on the description of events).

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Quote:

[quote "Unfortunate timing and placement, but a clear foul that denied a scoring opportunity."

Not enough info given to make a red card determination. A foul maybe, PK maybe...a card of any color doubtful (based on the description of events).

Post said the foul "denied a scoring opportunity." That should have been a red card unless HS rules don't play it that way.

A
bench
bench
A
Hurst ... You are so smart, congratulations!

Not a news flash, but good try. I follow the sports world and a saw the Penguins lose. Great analogy though!

SOS said it best, "Sometimes you get what you deserve."

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[quote "Unfortunate timing and placement, but a clear foul that denied a scoring opportunity."

Post said the foul "denied a scoring opportunity." That should have been a red card unless HS rules don't play it that way.

Wait a minute, my understanding of the rule is that if the last defender commits a foul inside the penalty area that denies a scoring opportunity, then a PK and red card ensue. I did not say that it was the last defender that took away the scoring opportunity. The keeper was in the goal, but the foul by the defender took away the opportunity to take a shot. My reason for saying that the foul took away a scoring opportunity was to point out that it was not a meaningless foul away from the play.

Sorry if my description was confusing.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wait a minute, my understanding of the rule is that if the last defender commits a foul inside the penalty area that denies a scoring opportunity, then a PK and red card ensue. I did not say that it was the last defender that took away the scoring opportunity. The keeper was in the goal, but the foul by the defender took away the opportunity to take a shot. My reason for saying that the foul took away a scoring opportunity was to point out that it was not a meaningless foul away from the play.

Sorry if my description was confusing.

OK, I don't do HS so it may be different. But in us soccer league play the defender must deny a goal or an OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity. NOTE the key word obvious. So if in the opinion of the ref it was not an obvious goal scoring opportunity there would be no red card.

Here is a clarification from US Soccer. Hope it helps clear up things.

Law 12 provides that a defender whose violation of the Law prevents a goal or denies an obvious
goal-scoring opportunity must be sent off and shown the red card. The "professional foul" which
is taken in a cynical attempt to prevent opponents from scoring requires a quick, firm response by
the referee. Such misconduct by the defender overshadows the severity of the foul itself.
In order for a player to be sent off for denying an "obvious goal-scoring opportunity," four
elements must be present:
• Number of Defenders -- not more than one defender between the foul and the goal, not
counting the defender who committed the foul
• Distance to goal -- the closer the foul is to the goal, the more likely it is an obvious goalscoring
opportunity
• Distance to ball -- the attacker must have been close enough to the ball at the time of the
foul to have continued playing the ball
• Direction of play -- the attacker must have been moving toward the goal at the time the
foul was committed
If any element is missing, there can be no send off for denying an obvious goal-scoring
opportunity. Further, the presence of each of these elements must be "obvious" in order for the
send off to be appropriate under this provision of Law 12
However, the foul might, by itself, warrant a card -- a caution for unsporting behavior, for
example, if the challenge was reckless or a send off if the challenge was violent. If the foul by the
defender is both violent and qualifies as an obvious goal-scoring opportunity offense misconduct,
the referee should include both facts in the game report but must only list one official reason for
the red card.
Referees are reminded that offenses which deny a goal-scoring opportunity are not limited to
those punishable by a direct free kick or penalty kick but may include technical fouls for which the
restart is an indirect free kick.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
hat-trick
hat-trick
The 2009-2010 NFHS (high school) rule book is ambiguous on this. Unless I'm really missing something, denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity is not included as one of the offenses for which a player can be sent off (red card) in Rule 12, Section 8, Article 3. However, the rule book includes a comparison between the rules of NFHS, NCAA, & FIFA. In this comparison on page 77, the NFHS Ejection- Reasons (Red Card) include the following: "foul against an opponent who is moving toward goal with an obvious opportunity to score". I have no idea why this was excluded from the list of Red Card offenses in Rule 12.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Wow - I can't believe that my cryptic and rather poorly stated description of the foul has resulted in such an extensive discussion of the rules. I trust that no one thinks that I was suggesting that there should have been an ejection - I was just countering the statement that the Pk was a very poor call.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Sorry the hear the Chapin parent who felt Mann was unclassy.
The ref controls the style of play allowed in a game and he chose to let both sides bang on each other until the last ten minutes of the game when he started throwing yellow cards.. Any one blessed with sight could see Chapin was the aggressor from the beginning. My child got her first yellow
in ten years of playing soccer if that shows what she put up with.Our coach never spoke to the Chapin players; only to the ref and if this were an x-rated site I could tell you the lovely things that came out of your players mouth during the game. But look on the bright side. We move to 4A next year so you want have to see our unclassy fanny again.

Last edited by patriot; 05/14/10 05:45 PM.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Hurst ... You are so smart, congratulations!

Not a news flash, but good try. I follow the sports world and a saw the Penguins lose. Great analogy though!

SOS said it best, "Sometimes you get what you deserve."

Malcom X called it "chickens coming home to roost." Irony is an interesting word too tho...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard