Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
goal
goal
GOT2's got some good points. Besides, if you had multi-angle, high-definition video of the entire game, you STILL couldn't get everyone (even those highly educated referee-types out there) to agree on every call. There used to be (may still be around) a website called youmakethecall.com (or something like that) and people would get on here and argue for weeks about fairly "simple" plays (fouls, etc) that were shot with good video and good angles.

BeenAr, no mention of "goalie interference" in your many rule books is just semantics. There are numerous fouls that can be called for what GOT2 is calling that. And, do you KNOW the AR was signaling for offsides, or just assuming that's what it was?

Looks like that next carpool to greenville could be one COLD ride.

corner kick
corner kick

Oh please! It wasn't offside, it was a foul that was called. get over yourself. and talk about missed calls, the second padula throw in that went into the goal clearly, i mean CLEARLY touched a wando defender. we can argue all day about this and that. IRMO won. period. Time for state. Get ready.

Pretty much sums it up! Like it not the Best Team won. Irmo is straight nasty!!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Link to offside? Wando goal called back. Three Irmo players on the goal line. Far side AR who is 30 yards away makes the call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThOqXOvfHI

The call was not offside... the Keeper was fouled during the run of play; that is what was called.

A
bench
bench
A
The first goal scored by Irmo against Wando was inexcusable on the part of the Wando keeper. He was looking the other direction after the whistle blew and was off his line. If this is the same keeper the Warriors had last season, where he crumbled under the Irmo attack in OT...means Wando should be looking elsewhere for a man between the posts. Atrocious!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I applaud the young man in the goal for Wando against Irmo. To have the class not to throw a tantrum after the goal or get on this board and bellyache about what did or did not happen is a tribute to your character. My guess is that you have already accepted responsibility for your actions along with the rest of the team accepting responsibility for their actions. Amazing to know a sophomore (if that is right) who can take the heat of a high pressure keeper position, and play the game to the best of their ability. I also want to applaud you in not allowing a goal to be scored on any of the 20 Irmo deadly throw-ins. You already know the keeper position is only popular when the team wins or when you save a pk… otherwise, you’re just doing your job. What if there was a grand celebration every time a keeper made a save just like when a goal is scored? Press on young man and take the good with the bad, but most of all have fun playing the game.

goal kick
goal kick
Love the comment Shrink Rap, same goes for any defensive position! If they make a mistake everyone on their team, coaches on the sidelines, parents and fans in the stands yell at them! As if they already did not know they just made a mistake! What makes it even worse is when an attacker makes a mistake, like missing a 1 v 1 with the keeper, misses a pk or fires a shot 20 yards high and wide, we applaud their efforts. For me as a defender, when I played, it's completely disgusting!

The Wando keeper will bounce back though and they have some good players returning in Brandon Burkholder and Trent Rieflin

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard