Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
M
bench
bench
M
Unfortunately, that is one of the problems in officiating the games. People do not realize the rules are different for Highschool..and they very much are. FIFA rules do not apply in Highschool which is why highschool has their own rule book and interpretation to the rules. I mean no disrespect but it is a difficult message to get across to people who are used to watching both US Soccer and Highschool games.

Last edited by mette6; 05/14/10 03:56 AM.
throw in
throw in
BA how can you say for sure that the player on the back post, who looks like little aj, had no influence on the play if you were not on the field, or even in the stands?

he looks pretty close to the keep, and that makes me think, not knowing exactly how keepers think, that the keep was probably thinking i need to keep my right eye on this skinny kid. if that was what he was thinking, then you are wrong! its not just obstructing but also a gesture or movement which distracts.

a ref can make that call, but until you walk in that young mans boots you do not know! go hang out with the chubby white haired dude.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
5/13
IRMO vs Stratford @ IRMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2aojpC9ZFs

Goal: 1 Mike Day
Goal: 2 Connor Dunbaker (Billy Padula)
Goal: 3 Mathew Freeman (Kyle Simpson)
Goal: 4 Mike Day (Billy Padula)
Goal: 5 Zach Acree
Goal: 6 Olive Nobels (Billy Padula)
Goal: 7 Emmett Lunceford

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
H
goal
goal
H
There are a few minor differences between the HS rules and the FIFA Laws of the Game - mostly relating to substitutions, restarts and misconduct. The offside rule is the same. Whether a player in an offside position is obstructing or interfering is a judgment call. Unless the official is certain of a violation there should be no call. You would never see that called offside by competent officials - never.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I tell you this...I don't think anybody really messin wit Irmo. I would love to see them against Wando. Should be a good one!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OH LET'S DOOO IT
OH LET'S DO ITTT

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Pirate Hats, Fitted Caps, Burger King Crowns, Krispy Kreme Hats, Sweaters Hats, Visors, Cuffees, Scullys, are all gettin knocked off!!!!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

There are a few minor differences between the HS rules and the FIFA Laws of the Game - mostly relating to substitutions, restarts and misconduct. The offside rule is the same. Whether a player in an offside position is obstructing or interfering is a judgment call . Unless the official is certain of a violation there should be no call. You would never see that called offside by competent officials - never.

So its a judgement call but only by incompetent officials? And you were at the match, intently watching only aj prior to the shot? Did you see him jumping up and down trying to get the keeps attention right before the camera swung around? In the referee guidebook i am guessing it states that if you feel you might not be competent, use your judgement, but if you are sure youre competent, never ever make a call in a situation like that.

H
goal
goal
H
First, AJ is the non-bleached player at the far post who never gets near the GK. Second, you seem to think there is some inconsistency in my statement. There isn't. It is a judgment call. Any official who would call that offside would be using terrible judgment and abusing the discretion the rules give [him]. You're free to disagree, of course.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Pirate Hats, Fitted Caps, Burger King Crowns, Krispy Kreme Hats, Sweaters Hats, Visors, Cuffees, Scullys, are all gettin knocked off!!!!

How about BC caps?

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard