Goal 1: Matt Sieverding from Padula
Goal 2: Zach Acree
Goal 3: Matt Sieverding from Padula

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Thanks for sharing! Some nice rips on goal!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
On the second goal shown, it appeared that Irmo had a player in an offside position. For the officials, is his presence on the back post not considered as "interfering with the play?"

goal
goal
It took a while to see any highlights. Just a lot of shooting on frame and some shoddy goalkeeping.

The second goal by the white kid with the dreadlocks was a bomb, but couldn't that be construed as offside or is the reasoning because it was a shot that it wasn't called?

By the way, what happened to their hair? Looks like there was a raid on hydrogen peroxide at the nearest Walgreen's!

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
S
goal
goal
S
Your not from around these parts are ya?

What is the ruling on offsides not that it would have changed the outcome?

M
bench
bench
M
To me, it appears that both players for Irmo are in an offside position. Keeping in mind that US soccer and Highschool soccer interpret the offside rules slightly differently, they should have been penalized for being in an offside position because the requirement for interfereing with play or an opponent are much less defined in the Highschool rules. In US soccer, they may not have been considered offside. 16 Clearly ducks from the path of the ball and if that interfered with the goalkeeper seeing the flight path of the ball they would be offside in US soccer rules as well.

Last edited by mette6; 05/13/10 07:02 PM.
B
throw in
throw in
B
Player on the back post had no influence on the play. If #16 was in an offside position when the ball was struck, he should have been called.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Clarification: Goal #2 (Zach Acree) occurred after the ball was cleared from a Padula throw. It was not served into the box.

H
goal
goal
H
They're both in an offside position when the shot is struck. But neither was clearly obstructing the GK's ability to see or play the ball.

I'm unaware of there being any "US Soccer" or High School offside interpretations that differ from the FIFA Laws of the Game.

http://www.fifa.com/flash/lotg/football/en/Laws11_03.htm

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Well stated HappyDaddy ! Nice to know the rules.

M
bench
bench
M
Unfortunately, that is one of the problems in officiating the games. People do not realize the rules are different for Highschool..and they very much are. FIFA rules do not apply in Highschool which is why highschool has their own rule book and interpretation to the rules. I mean no disrespect but it is a difficult message to get across to people who are used to watching both US Soccer and Highschool games.

Last edited by mette6; 05/14/10 03:56 AM.
throw in
throw in
BA how can you say for sure that the player on the back post, who looks like little aj, had no influence on the play if you were not on the field, or even in the stands?

he looks pretty close to the keep, and that makes me think, not knowing exactly how keepers think, that the keep was probably thinking i need to keep my right eye on this skinny kid. if that was what he was thinking, then you are wrong! its not just obstructing but also a gesture or movement which distracts.

a ref can make that call, but until you walk in that young mans boots you do not know! go hang out with the chubby white haired dude.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
5/13
IRMO vs Stratford @ IRMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2aojpC9ZFs

Goal: 1 Mike Day
Goal: 2 Connor Dunbaker (Billy Padula)
Goal: 3 Mathew Freeman (Kyle Simpson)
Goal: 4 Mike Day (Billy Padula)
Goal: 5 Zach Acree
Goal: 6 Olive Nobels (Billy Padula)
Goal: 7 Emmett Lunceford

H
goal
goal
H
There are a few minor differences between the HS rules and the FIFA Laws of the Game - mostly relating to substitutions, restarts and misconduct. The offside rule is the same. Whether a player in an offside position is obstructing or interfering is a judgment call. Unless the official is certain of a violation there should be no call. You would never see that called offside by competent officials - never.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I tell you this...I don't think anybody really messin wit Irmo. I would love to see them against Wando. Should be a good one!

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OH LET'S DOOO IT
OH LET'S DO ITTT

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Pirate Hats, Fitted Caps, Burger King Crowns, Krispy Kreme Hats, Sweaters Hats, Visors, Cuffees, Scullys, are all gettin knocked off!!!!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

There are a few minor differences between the HS rules and the FIFA Laws of the Game - mostly relating to substitutions, restarts and misconduct. The offside rule is the same. Whether a player in an offside position is obstructing or interfering is a judgment call . Unless the official is certain of a violation there should be no call. You would never see that called offside by competent officials - never.

So its a judgement call but only by incompetent officials? And you were at the match, intently watching only aj prior to the shot? Did you see him jumping up and down trying to get the keeps attention right before the camera swung around? In the referee guidebook i am guessing it states that if you feel you might not be competent, use your judgement, but if you are sure youre competent, never ever make a call in a situation like that.

H
goal
goal
H
First, AJ is the non-bleached player at the far post who never gets near the GK. Second, you seem to think there is some inconsistency in my statement. There isn't. It is a judgment call. Any official who would call that offside would be using terrible judgment and abusing the discretion the rules give [him]. You're free to disagree, of course.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Pirate Hats, Fitted Caps, Burger King Crowns, Krispy Kreme Hats, Sweaters Hats, Visors, Cuffees, Scullys, are all gettin knocked off!!!!

How about BC caps?

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
S
Brace
Brace
S
hilarious...

B
throw in
throw in
B
Dave
The player on the back post is in almost the exact position of a diagram in our rule book that illustrates a player in an offside position who does not influence the play. I have walked in the shoes; I make those calls every week.

throw in
throw in
dont think im taking anything away from irmo because they are a quality side but it seems like more than half of their goals are off poorly defended throw ins.. i wanna see them play a team who has the talent and coaching to deal with this "set pieces" gonna have to wait until the lowerstate final or even state to see that though!

throw in
throw in
thanks dad. i know its aj, but "near the GK" is a relative term. BA, thats nice you have pictures, how bout a link? i bet the pictures of the little players in your little book don't move do they? thats also nice you make bad calls every week i'm talkin about walkin in the keeps boots. how do you KNOW if the guy is interfering with him or not? were you standing directly behind him during the match? were YOU watchin his every movement right before the video swung over there to him? being a ref doesnt make you an expert and neither does bein a dad of a keep. it only makes you think you do.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I can't believe this discussion is still going on...Lames

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

dont think im taking anything away from irmo because they are a quality side but it seems like more than half of their goals are off poorly defended throw ins.. i wanna see them play a team who has the talent and coaching to deal with this "set pieces" gonna have to wait until the lowerstate final or even state to see that though!

Hmmm... maybe a team like Northwestern. Oh wait, they already played northwestern and beat them, and if i recall correctly every single one of their goals against NW was in the run of play. Quit hatin squanc

G'd up from the feet up
Kickoff
Kickoff
Well, from the videos provided it does seem that Irmo relies heavily on throw-ins for goals. I have no problem with that - it works for Stoke City! However that is some of the most shoddy goalkeeping ever by Stratford. Good job by Irmo.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Hmmm... maybe a team like Northwestern. Oh wait, they already played northwestern and beat them, and if i recall correctly every single one of their goals against NW was in the run of play. Quit hatin squanc

Sorry Bernie, but you are wrong. Irmo did not have a single goal in the run of play against NW. The first one was a corner. The second one was a free kick from about 40 yds out. And the third was a corner kick. Come on man; get your facts straight.

Northwester will be ready to deal with whatever free kick, corner, or throw in that Irmo has drawn up. They are a much better team than they were in Lake Murray. You'll see.

I would also like to point out that against SV a few years ago, in all three of the seasons the team that won the regular season match up lost in the State game... just sayin'

By failing to prepare, you prepare to fail.
B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Bernie, but you are wrong. Irmo did not have a single goal in the run of play against NW. The first one was a corner. The second one was a free kick from about 40 yds out. And the third was a corner kick. Come on man; get your facts straight.

Northwester will be ready to deal with whatever free kick, corner, or throw in that Irmo has drawn up. They are a much better team than they were in Lake Murray. You'll see.

I would also like to point out that against SV a few years ago, in all three of the seasons the team that won the regular season match up lost in the State game... just sayin'

who cares how irmo scored the goals? did northwestern win or lose? oh yeah they lost end of story.. am i saying they will in the finals no its a total different game and maybe different composed teams.

Z
bench
bench
Z
goals a goals a goals a goal

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Stratford should have quit after the first by Lunceford. Acree's freekick just made it embarrassing! haha

bench
bench
Yeah, as much as I hate Irmo, they'll beat Wando in Lower State. I thought another Lexington - Irmo rematch would make for a more entertaining game.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
5/15
IRMO vs Beaufort @ IRMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32vWaPRTtvM

Goal 1: Mike Day from Acree
Goal 2: Matt Sieverding
Goal 3: Own Goal Lunceford Corner

U
kick off
kick off
U
While there seems to be heavy debate about the first video, there's no doubt about this one. First goal is unquestionably offside. Great ball by Acree in any case, but definitely offside.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

While there seems to be heavy debate about the first video, there's no doubt about this one. First goal is unquestionably offside. Great ball by Acree in any case, but definitely offside.

No offsides. This was a perfectly timed run by Day and pass by Acree that can really only be seen with freeze frames.

http://alaskansummermusic.com/pics/1.jpg
http://alaskansummermusic.com/pics/2.jpg
http://alaskansummermusic.com/pics/3.jpg
http://alaskansummermusic.com/pics/4.jpg
http://alaskansummermusic.com/pics/5.jpg

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Great work Manchester. That goal was quality and just well timed run. Nowhere near unquestionably offside...

U
kick off
kick off
U
Here is the image with a line used across the top of the 18, obviously a straight line, and then the exact same line angle used to show the relevance of the Beaufort player to the Irmo player.

While I will definitely concede that it's not unquestionable, that's my mistake, it still is offside per the rule.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by UnitedFan; 05/16/10 05:42 PM.
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

Here is the image with a line used across the top of the 18, obviously a straight line, and then the exact same line angle used to show the relevance of the Beaufort player to the Irmo player.

While I will definitely concede that it's not unquestionable, that's my mistake, it still is offside per the rule.

Nice idea with the lines. Note the distance of the players from the 18 and the distance to Day is longer. Plus, the close ups clearly demonstarte Day behind the defender.

What rule says such a position is offsides?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

U
kick off
kick off
U
They were copy and pasted, so yes, they are EXACTLY parallel. I don't even understand what you're saying though. You can argue if you want, that's fine, but they're parallel and were copy and pasted so that's the fact. Since they are EXACTLY parallel, he is therefore offside. The camera angle makes it seem like he is not offside, but with the line, which can be viewed as if there was a line all the way across the field at all points, shows that he is offside.

Last edited by UnitedFan; 05/16/10 06:04 PM.
U
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
U
What I find even more telling....look how far away the AR is from the Last Defender....he seems to be even with the 18. From his vantage point, the play is even more clearly offsides....unless he compensated for the angle.

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
camera's angle looks worse than the ref's. don't see how you are in any better of a position to make the call.

D
throw in
throw in
D
I know it was against Dreher... but does anyone have a copy of the 2nd goal by BC last night. Herbery Cojulun made one of the sickest shots ive ever seen a high school player and hes a Freshman. If someone has it please post it.

"Don't give up, Don't ever give up"
S
goal
goal
S
how many blondes does it take to kick a soccer ball?

U
kick off
kick off
U

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I know it was against Dreher... but does anyone have a copy of the 2nd goal by BC last night. Herbery Cojulun made one of the sickest shots ive ever seen a high school player and hes a Freshman. If someone has it please post it.

I posted it last night in the B-C/Dreher boxscore! By the way, his name is "Herbert" and the last name is pronounced CUH-HOO-LIN - he's originally from Honduras, but went to middle school in Lexington 2, 6th-8th grade. He played on the B-C JV squad last year and the B-Team in 2008.

WACH-TV (Columbia, SC)
http://www.midlandsconnect.com/sports/story.aspx?id=457591

D
throw in
throw in
D
thanks for the effort. that clip doesnt do him the justice he deserves on the build up for that goal.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Just an observation--no dog, no fight--but the straight line across the field measurement would work perfectly from this angle if and only if the field happened to be flat. The slope coming down from the crown of the field tends to make objects closer to the sideline look "lower" from this angle even if they were part of a straight line...note how the straight 18-yard line appears to bend slightly towards the goal as you get to the far sideline end of it. In other words, a player on a straight sideline-to-sideline line with a defender could APPEAR from this angle to be offside if he were standing at a lower elevation due to the slope of the field.

I've got good news and bad news...
D
throw in
throw in
D
my mistake didnt mean to mess up herbert's name it was a slip of the keyboarding skills. i apologize.

S
goal
goal
S
ooops, offsides on that one, doesn't change a thing tho.
ya gotta be good to be sporting yellow youneys & bleach blond hair... thats an ugly look tho.

Last edited by sandman; 05/17/10 01:57 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
I'm sorry but in that video the pass Acree had to Day was just dirty. That defender needs to just get on his knees now and say yes you are my daddy.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

I'm sorry but in that video the pass Acree had to Day was just dirty. That defender needs to just get on his knees now and say yes you are my daddy.

Or day could have just picked the ball out of the goal and handed it to on of the defenders! lol

B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

Quote:

Or day could have just picked the ball out of the goal and handed it to on of the defenders! lol

i meant the ball out of the goal and handed it to one of the defenders

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
5/15
IRMO vs Beaufort @ IRMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5BT0d3c6a8

Goal 2: Matt Sieverding

corner kick
corner kick
haha who was that in the video that whiffed a wide open goal? but nice finish regardless he was just at right place at right time. acree by far has the sickest goals for irmo

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
5/18
IRMO vs WANDO @ IRMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GroL10582Eg

Goal 1: Zach Acree
Goal 2: Connor Dunbaker

C
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
C
The Acree goal was just a smart decision on his part. He sees the Wando keeper organizing his D and step off his line a bit and then takes the shot. Very heads up play. The second goal was just sick!!! Congrats to both teams on a great season, good luck Irmo on Saturday.

goal
goal
saw a display of sportsmanship during the irmo-wando match last night i'm not sure i've ever quite seen before. late in the second half, a wando player was on the ground cramping up, and zach acree ran over there and immediately started helping him stretch it out.

i thought that was pretty cool, and wanted to give props to zach!

B
kick off
kick off
B
Quote:

saw a display of sportsmanship during the irmo-wando match last night i'm not sure i've ever quite seen before. late in the second half, a wando player was on the ground cramping up, and zach acree ran over there and immediately started helping him stretch it out.

yeah that was very sportsmanship like of him but irmos fans provoking the wando fans at the end by going over to them and saying a bunch of crap simply very immature and unsportsmanlike....simply celebrate and have fun with your team who are going to the final.... completely unneccessary wat they did. But sick goal by connor.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

yeah that was very sportsmanship like of him but irmos fans provoking the wando fans at the end by going over to them and saying a bunch of crap simply very immature and unsportsmanlike....simply celebrate and have fun with your team who are going to the final.... completely unneccessary wat they did. But sick goal by connor.

It was unacceptable and unsportsmanlike behavior that some of the YOUNG IRMO fans displayed last night. The administrators got to them as soon as possible to correct them. Congratulations to Wando on a terrific season.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

This is very cool! A great step forward to a rivalry with mutual respect instead of hating.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

5/18
IRMO vs WANDO @ IRMO

cheesy call to set up the free kick.
but that wando coach ain't gonna be happy when he sees this video & his goalie not ready...

corner kick
corner kick
acree is just a great player. knew what to do when the wando keeper wasnt ready. just pure soccer savy. nice goal. no wrong there wando just wasnt smart in that situation especially the keeper. never leave your mark and dunbakers goal was just absolutely sick. upper 90. shizzzamm! IRMO will win state this year. they are just too strong

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

5/18
IRMO vs WANDO @ IRMO

cheesy call to set up the free kick.
but that wando coach ain't gonna be happy when he sees this video & his goalie not ready...

Yea, what first stuck out to me was where is the foul and did the ball previously go out of bounds. I can't hear the referee whistle to start the play. Nice kick into the goal.

S
goal
goal
S
even the first defender is walking away with his back to the ball for some dumb reason when the kick is made....thats a terrible way for wando to play the semis.

J
Brace
Brace
J
worm,
the referee does not have to whistle a ball back into play with a free kick. Only if 10 yards was asked for, and I didn't see the 10 yards being asked for. A team can quick restart the ball any time they want, as long as the ball comes to a complete stop. Great heads up play by Irmo.

goal kick
goal kick
I hate to say it, but that was clever

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
Keeper made a sophomore mistake in a game with a lot put on his shoulders. Other than that he played a great game and will keep his head held high. Things happen, it's high school ball. He will be back for two more years and learning from lessons like this are something you don't forget and won't let happen again.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Keeper made a sophomore mistake in a game with a lot put on his shoulders. Other than that he played a great game and will keep his head held high. Things happen, it's high school ball. He will be back for two more years and learning from lessons like this are something you don't forget and won't let happen again.

great answer from a great coach.
but can you clue us in on why others were not ready, what happened to some to fall asleep, 1st defender, etc.?
soooo close coach, congrats on a geat season.

B
throw in
throw in
B
As stated above, whistle shouldn't be blown to restart after a foul unless 10 yards are asked for. Even worse, listen to the sound on the video. Ref blows a double, which means "Look at me". Wando players comply and Irmo scores.

corner kick
corner kick
its done with. Acree was very alert and made a heads up play. congrats to wando on a nice season sad to see it end sooner then they wanted

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
After seeing the video I have no idea on why the first defender moved from where he was set. He had the inside shut down to make that shot impossible. Wish it was something I could have seen in the game but being on the far side I could not tell what was happening near the ball. Trust me that is what stuck out most on the video was why did he move??

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

After seeing the video I have no idea on why the first defender moved from where he was set. He had the inside shut down to make that shot impossible. Wish it was something I could have seen in the game but being on the far side I could not tell what was happening near the ball. Trust me that is what stuck out most on the video was why did he move??

in that players defense, it kind of looks like the team was responding to the refs instructions because the team was not in play mode when the shot was taken.
anyway...like you said, they won't do that again.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

To Beenaround's point, he moved after he heard the double whistle from what I can tell. The lesson here is to always keep an eye on the ball. This could've happened to either team.

goal
goal
After watching last night's debacle at Mann one thing is apparent in high school soccer this year: no one faces the ball!

Time and again players turn and look the other way or run down field with their back to the ball. Whatever happened to backpedaling?

No matter what the sport the name of the game is to keep your eye on the ball. When you don't bad things happen and Wando surrendered what appears to be a really cheap score!

goal
goal
Quote:

As stated above, whistle shouldn't be blown to restart after a foul unless 10 yards are asked for. Even worse, listen to the sound on the video. Ref blows a double, which means "Look at me". Wando players comply and Irmo scores.

Who was the center referee?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
I don't know, but there was an equally debatable call against IRMO in the second half on a throw in that went into the goal as a WANDO player received it. So, I suppose it all balances out for the most part.

The IRMO vs WANDO matches have always been highly competitive and full of controversy. This is why the stadium is always full of fans. It was a great atmosphere last night. No different from the way it was at WANDO last year.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

I don't know, but there was an equally debatable call against IRMO in the second half on a throw in that went into the goal as a WANDO player received it. So, I suppose it all balances out for the most part.

The IRMO vs WANDO matches have always been highly competitive and full of controversy. This is why the stadium is always full of fans. It was a great atmosphere last night. No different from the way it was at WANDO last year.

it was a fun game at wando last year & none of this years reg season games came close.

goal kick
goal kick
Manchester do you have a video of the "equally debatable call" I heard it clearly went in the goal without a touch. I assume you are talking about the throw in goal from Padula?

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
B
throw in
throw in
B
Link to offside? Wando goal called back. Three Irmo players on the goal line. Far side AR who is 30 yards away makes the call.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThOqXOvfHI

goal kick
goal kick
Not a great quality, but now I'm really rooting against Irmo more than ever before. Never thought a program would out pay BC staff when it comes to getting on the side of officials, hehehe im only joking

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Link to offside? Wando goal called back. Three Irmo players on the goal line. Far side AR who is 30 yards away makes the call.

i really wished i hadn't seen this...wow

goal
goal
Quote:

Quote:

This gets worse by the minute! Wow! Home job!

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Quote:

Manchester do you have a video of the "equally debatable call" I heard it clearly went in the goal without a touch. I assume you are talking about the throw in goal from Padula?

It think there was one Padula throw that went in without touching anyone. The goal I'm talking about was received on the thigh at the line by WANDO followed by him backing into the goal due to his momentum. The only way anyone could have made an accurate call on this one was with still frame images and slow motion. I might put it up if I have the time.

The one the keeper stopped with the ball appearing to cross the goal on the ground never fully crossed the line as we all hoped it had at the time.

Can someone tell me what the call was on the WANDO goal that was called back? After taking a look at it, I don't see the offsides. Thanks for posting K.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

How dare you! For Irmo, this is blasphemy!

http://www.wyff4.com/video/23608087/index.html

I'm not a goalkeeper but does anyone feel like the Eastside keeper is taking awful angles for Ryan Hurst's first and last goals?

Last edited by Leopold.Bloom; 05/19/10 10:35 PM.

I
goal kick
goal kick
I
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh please! It wasn't offside, it was a foul that was called. get over yourself. and talk about missed calls, the second padula throw in that went into the goal clearly, i mean CLEARLY touched a wando defender. we can argue all day about this and that. IRMO won. period. Time for state. Get ready.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Each team was tagged with a goalie inteference call, that negated the score on Wando's second and Padula's second.

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
B
throw in
throw in
B
Neither of the rule books I have mention anything about goalie interference. A keeper is one of the players on the field with the special rights of using his hands in a define area. No other sprecial rights or protections.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Man, Here we go again. It is always the only game we hear about. You have to pick apart everything. Get over it. Same people, same teams. Always this ones fault and didnt really happen, OR what sucky refs. Someone winsm someone looses. FACT! Happens ro the best of us.......

L
kick off
kick off
L
BeenAround, if you truely have then maybe you need to go back to rule twelve of the NFHS Soccer Rules. Try Section 1 first the Wando player Jump's into Irmo's Keeper, end play Direct out. We can also go to Section 3 for Pushing it does look like the keep was pushed as the Wando player came down,(the video quality is a bit fuzzy though), end play Direct out. lets try section 5 is it possable that the keeper was obstructed in getting up by the Wando player (again a bit fuzzy) lets try section 6, Jumping into the keeper can be dangerous play clearly the Wando play would not be able to jump higher than the keeper can reach and lays him out. The AR made the same call as the center in calling it dead and even with the fuzzy video can make out the flag being raised. Then again this discussion could also be made for the goal called off going the other way. The crew last night did a fine job and when all was said and done had waiver off Three goals that Irmo may have had

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS 4 THE KIDS!
goal
goal
GOT2's got some good points. Besides, if you had multi-angle, high-definition video of the entire game, you STILL couldn't get everyone (even those highly educated referee-types out there) to agree on every call. There used to be (may still be around) a website called youmakethecall.com (or something like that) and people would get on here and argue for weeks about fairly "simple" plays (fouls, etc) that were shot with good video and good angles.

BeenAr, no mention of "goalie interference" in your many rule books is just semantics. There are numerous fouls that can be called for what GOT2 is calling that. And, do you KNOW the AR was signaling for offsides, or just assuming that's what it was?

Looks like that next carpool to greenville could be one COLD ride.

corner kick
corner kick

Oh please! It wasn't offside, it was a foul that was called. get over yourself. and talk about missed calls, the second padula throw in that went into the goal clearly, i mean CLEARLY touched a wando defender. we can argue all day about this and that. IRMO won. period. Time for state. Get ready.

Pretty much sums it up! Like it not the Best Team won. Irmo is straight nasty!!

throw in
throw in
Quote:

The call was not offside... the Keeper was fouled during the run of play; that is what was called.

A
bench
bench
A
The first goal scored by Irmo against Wando was inexcusable on the part of the Wando keeper. He was looking the other direction after the whistle blew and was off his line. If this is the same keeper the Warriors had last season, where he crumbled under the Irmo attack in OT...means Wando should be looking elsewhere for a man between the posts. Atrocious!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I applaud the young man in the goal for Wando against Irmo. To have the class not to throw a tantrum after the goal or get on this board and bellyache about what did or did not happen is a tribute to your character. My guess is that you have already accepted responsibility for your actions along with the rest of the team accepting responsibility for their actions. Amazing to know a sophomore (if that is right) who can take the heat of a high pressure keeper position, and play the game to the best of their ability. I also want to applaud you in not allowing a goal to be scored on any of the 20 Irmo deadly throw-ins. You already know the keeper position is only popular when the team wins or when you save a pk… otherwise, you’re just doing your job. What if there was a grand celebration every time a keeper made a save just like when a goal is scored? Press on young man and take the good with the bad, but most of all have fun playing the game.

goal kick
goal kick
Love the comment Shrink Rap, same goes for any defensive position! If they make a mistake everyone on their team, coaches on the sidelines, parents and fans in the stands yell at them! As if they already did not know they just made a mistake! What makes it even worse is when an attacker makes a mistake, like missing a 1 v 1 with the keeper, misses a pk or fires a shot 20 yards high and wide, we applaud their efforts. For me as a defender, when I played, it's completely disgusting!

The Wando keeper will bounce back though and they have some good players returning in Brandon Burkholder and Trent Rieflin

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard