Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

Who cares about AP/EOC testing? At the end of the day our state will still be 50th when it comes to education. So what if your kid is a smart guy in a dumb state!

The real question is where is the kid's priorities about taking a tour of USC today knowing darn well that it's the playoffs. Of course, maybe he wasn't expecting to be playing today.

The only consideration I would have made for Dreher traveling is to keep the start time at 7 or 7:30 pm so that the Columbia kids could stay in school most of the day and just drive the 2 1/2 hours after school. Really not that difficult. Say the game takes 2 hours and the drive back after a quick fast food stop (or a prepared coach to have subs, sandwiches, etc., for the trip home) and it's around midnight. They do it all the time in other sports so why should soccer be any different?

I know, it would be such a shame to put someone's education and future ahead of a high school sport. I mean who does that anymore? Keep suggesting that to the kids and see how far it gets them in life.

Last edited by Cant Coach That; 05/15/10 03:44 AM.
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Cant Coach - That's the JOB of a parent ... To instill those values and priorities in their child's lives. It might be difficult and the children might disagree, but giving in and not caring is what's wrong with our families, school system, society.

I can only hope that you're being sarcastic.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard