Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#136259 05/13/10 07:24 PM
H
brace
OP Offline
brace
H
Hear she is from hilcrest. Is that a fact or am i looking at something else.

Last edited by Hard Headed; 05/13/10 07:24 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
according to ESPNs high school soccer report its s. devita,wow!!

Relax...breathe,then bust it!!
F
throw in
throw in
F
Yes, that looks like that she is player of the year

Wow...

I
goal
goal
I
Got that one right, when I said twice she was the best sophmore, maybe player I had seen. Congrats... well earned

corner kick
corner kick
How is that picked, and Who picks these players? I saw her play and she is very good. Just wondering how this process works.

That there is an RV Clark......
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
South Carolina: Stephanie DeVita-MF, Hillcrest (Simpsonville, S.C.)

ESPN RISE Girls Soccer Gatorade Player of the Year

S
goal
goal
S
Deltadog, Do you know the selection process?

Congratulations to Stephanie for the POY honor, anyone who has watched her play knows she is a very gifted player with a bright future. What is amazing is she won the award as a Sophmore surprising most people. Remember, she won this award over seniors going to USC,Clemson,Furman,Kentucky and other quality programs which makes this award even more impressive. Stephanie plays her club soccer at CESA.

Goal
Goal
Not sure who has the final say, but here is the nomination link. Gatorade POY

Victory Starts Here!
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

How is that picked, and Who picks these players? I saw her play and she is very good. Just wondering how this process works.

Anyone can go to the Gatorade site and nominate a player he/she feel should gain attention. Nominating is not restricted to coaches. The process is administered by ESPNRise for Gatorade and the selections are made by members of a Gatorade selection committee based on input from resources identified within the given state. Selection is not based on a process of voting by coaches as is the case with the NSCAA POY selection process and suggested in another thread as the process used by Gatorade.

(According to Chad Konecky, National Director Gatorade Player of the Year Program)

S
throw in
throw in
S
Is it possible noone filled out a nomination form for any of those seniors Sweet is talking about so they weren't even considered? Can anyone fill out a nomination form and then the player is just selected from the players that have forms submitted or are all the coaches asked to nominate a player similar to the way all state is done? Looking at the form, it seems the player,parent or a coach that knew the player very well on and off the field would have to provide the information since it goes well beyond the soccer field. No matter what it is a great honor even more so being just a sophomore. Congratulations!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard