Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Brace
Brace
J
Congratulations on receiving the award. It is good to see someone from the Midlands receiving it. Good luck in the upcoming soccer season. It is going to be difficult to beat Irmo in your region. Should be a good season for the spectators.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Campagnolo,

I've been here for about four years now..back to the days when this place was a joke (No offense to the old board..but there was NO order at all). And I have to agree with Wayne. We need people like you around here. Stick around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Eggert won the award last year, not John Cooper. Anyway, with any selection process there will be debate, which is OK and goes along with the territory. Corey is certainly a deserving candidate. Corey has worked to make himself in to a good player. He's done this by improving himself in every component of the game- technically, physically- he travels to Greenville to play on the best team,played yleague, ODP, etc..., so it is not a joke that he won this honor. Obviously Tomek's omission raises some eyebrows. He was the golden boot winner after Atlanta won Nationals and has already committed to Duke. Maybe that fact that he has not played club in SC since he was U14 had something to do with it. His current stint is with the Dallas Texans. Having said that, Corey may not be the biggest or fastest guy out there, but he is one good soccer player that can play with anybody on anyday. I don't smell anything political here. Congrats Lugger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DEXTER...Nice post. I checked my information out pretty thoroughly before posting earlier and if you visit the NCSAA website, under the "Awards" section, you will find John Cooper listed as both an Adidas All-American and a State Player of the Year for 2002. I am pretty sure that Eggert was selected as a MacDonald's All-American. Apparently it is a separate selection and occurs later in the spring. Not a big deal, just wanted to clarify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right. Egg was McDonalds but there had to be a player between Corey and Cooper. Cooper graduated 2 years ago. Was it Constanza?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dexter...I agree with you but when I look at the NSCAA site Cooper is the name they list under their announcements for 2002. I took another look and couldn't find any additional information. It may remain a mystery unless someone else has input.

World Cup
World Cup
I have read the posts on this thread and have received comments from others on this award.

I would like to congratulate Corey Lugger of Dutch Fork on this prestigious award as well as those other outstanding players that were nominated. They are all very deserving prep players and will represent our state well this spring and in the future!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lugger is good and all but he is going to play good competition in his region with irmo, sumter some teams will make him look bad but he will take care of business against the teams he should

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been reading responses to this post for some time now. I think the reason so many people don't know about Corey and think other high profile players should have got it instead of him boils down to one thing...goals scored. It just amazes me because I know there have to be some very high soccer IQ people that come to this site.
We all love a game that averages 1.5 goals at the highest levels. It is a game that the higher the level gets, the harder it is to score. Soccer is all about defense, always has and always will. We seem to understand goal keepers, sweepers and backs as defenders but what a vast number of the posters dont understand is that Corey Luger is the best defensive midfielder you will see this year. Come watch Dutch Fork play this year and watch the oppossing central midfielders get stuffed. He may not score 35 goals, but all good coaches know you must have a great sweeper and a great Defensive midfielder and Corey is the best I have seen...bar none

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard