Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
CUFC 93 girls did not win state cup in any age group. The year there was a third SC team in premier was due to CESA 93G winning one of top two position. SC was allowed to play a third team in premier league.

D
throw in
throw in
D
CESA were finalist in 11 of 12 state cups. Champions in 9. Tide turning?

With SCUnited taking best CUFC kids into Academy and aligning with MPSC to keep those best boys from driving past COLA to CESA, CESA boys should continue to dominate state cups especially at older ages. Will be interesting to see how the girls play out.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Khouri was at the ceremony. Both coaches and teams were very gracious towards each other.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
For the U-13 boys, CESA controlled the play for most of the game but couldn't put it away with second goal. Columbia United tied the score in second half stoppage time on a corner with the player putting what may have been their first shot on goal. Scoreless OT and then the PK's 4-3 with both teams hitting the crossbar once and the CUFC keeper making a nice save on a dive to his left.

95 boys game was fairly even in the first half with each team having a few chances but only DISA putting a shot on frame. The second half started with CESA scoring on a set play off the opening kick and it seemed to deflate DISA. After a few more chances CESA finally got their second and third goals to seal the win. CESA controlled the game in the second half.

The best game for the boys may have been the semi between the CESA 95 boys and Discovery boys. Discovery scored midway through the first on a defensive lapse off a throw in. CESA possessed 70% of the game or more but didn't equalize until 3 minutes remained. CESA had an open shot from the eight that was right at the keeper but he couldn't control the rebound which went right back to the shooter who didn't miss a second time. the PK's were 5-4 with the CESA keeper making an excellent stop on the third try from DSC. These were probably the best two teams on the boy's side this weekend.

corner kick
corner kick
Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

CESA were finalist in 11 of 12 state cups. Champions in 9. Tide turning?

Depends. How does that compare to last year?

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Kitten,

I had the honor of officiating the U-13 Girls final this morning, congratulations, you taught those girls well.

(I hope #10 in the back, and #99 up top aren't going to Wando . Both of them are a handful.)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Hehe, I think most of the girls that I had the honour of working with are Laing/Moultrie girls...so I can't assuage any fears there!

I worked with a lot of those girls when we pooled for a tournament, but (according to jerseys #s online) 4, 20, 17, and 21 were mine specifically. They're ALL definitely girls to watch though; great on and off the field and I'm super proud of them!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
D
throw in
throw in
D
Good assessment - could not have said it better or more concisely.

H
goal
goal
H
Nonsense. The first half was uneventful, with neither team creating a real scoring chance and was evenly balanced. SCUtd controlled the first third of the second half, CESA the second third and SCUtd the last few minutes (evidenced by their several corners in the closing minutes). The first OT saw no scoring chances for either team. The second OT saw a great goal by CESA's #20 on a header on six minutes. SCUtd then went on the attack and scored with 90 seconds left. On the following CESA kick off, Utd stole the ball and passed well and quickly and but for a great save by the CESA GK the game would have been over. Kicks from the mark went as described.

The top seed (who also won the regular season match-up) won a close run match. Misrepresenting the nature of the game is a disservice to both teams.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard