Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

The top seed (who also won the regular season match-up) won a close run match. Misrepresenting the nature of the game is a disservice to both teams.

Two people, watching the same match seldom see it the same way. Most people who post on this forum are genuine with there assessment and are not trying to misrepresent anything. Heck, listen to the commentators on Fox soccer they are always in conflict over what they see.

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

Most people who post on this forum are genuine with there assessment and are not trying to misrepresent anything.

Agreed - and some aren't.

H
brace
brace
H
The 91 girls had 3 SC teams in Region III last year.

D
throw in
throw in
D
HappyDaddy,

I do not disagree with your description either. The first half was fairly uneventful and your description of the scoring was spot on - both of the OT goals were excellent. However, CESA had many more scoring opportunities (1st and 2nd half). As GSDad described, the late header goal by CUFC on the corner may have been their first shot on frame. Probably not actually, but they were so few, it maybe just seems that way. CUFC keeper made two beautiful, tip of the finger, diving deflections in 2nd half and CESA had 2 or 3 that went just wide of the posts also. This game could have easily have never made it to OT in CESA favor, just as you described it could have easily never made it to PKs except for nice save by CESA keeper at end of OT. Both teams could bring it from defensive 3rd to offensive 3rd, but CESA controlled match from standpoint of having more opportunities. I did not keep stats, but I believe they would bear that out - but as you hear many times, "that's soccer".

Both teams played hard and in that heat/humidity, both had left everything on the field. Congrats to both teams (especially CUFC for taking the hardware) and I am sure there will be more classic battles in r3pl/state cup next year.

Will the CUFC/SCutd coach for this team coach them again next year since he is coaching Academy boys also? You do not get any "bye weekends" in r3pl, and did not know if potential conflicts would prevent that? Did not know if they already announced coaches yet? He had the boys playing some good soccer.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Dirty Mone- in reference as to whether SCUTD coach (Rob Strickland) will be coaching the 14 elite as well as the development academy the answer is yes.
Fortunately for the 14 age group the premier league plays in spring when the Development academy has their break for high school soccer. In the fall I am sure they will try and coordinate schedules to limit the any potential scheduling conflicts. Similar to coaches who have multiple teams in the scysa. The teams that seem to have most potential for conflict for next year would be cesa 93 and 92 who both have same coach listed(Nick Finotti) and both play R3PLE on the same weekends. That may be tough if one is in Jacksonville and the other in charlotte for instance. As you said their are no bye dates so I guess Finotti will have to get lucky with the fixtures!
Btw- the victory for the SCUTD 13s meant Rob Strickland has now coached 3 different boys(91,93,96) teams to state cups in the past 2 years. No mean feat with the CESA juggernaut in town.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

As you said their are no bye dates so I guess Finotti will have to get lucky with the fixtures!

Luck? Apparently you do not know who is in charge of the R3PL schedules ...

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Kitten,

I had the honor of officiating the U-13 Girls final this morning, congratulations, you taught those girls well.

(I hope #10 in the back, and #99 up top aren't going to Wando . Both of them are a handful.)

Wando will have the luxury of reloading every year The U-11/12 coming right behind the U13s are also very good.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

SCUtd U13 boys over CESA in kicks after finishing 1-1 in two OT's. And, not for the first time, the losing CESA coach neglects to participate in the awards ceremony. Nice example.

Mr. Limbaugh, (Happy Daddy)

I think it is entirely inappropriate for the President of SC United Development Academy to make negative statements that are only intended to stir the pot. After taking some time to look at your previous postings, it is a shame that you have chosen to become hypocritical. You started as a champion of ethics and have been unable to maintain your originally chosen course. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

SCUtd U13 boys over CESA in kicks after finishing 1-1 in two OT's. And, not for the first time, the losing CESA coach neglects to participate in the awards ceremony. Nice example.

Mr. Limbaugh, (Happy Daddy)

I think it is entirely inappropriate for the President of SC United Development Academy to make negative statements that are only intended to stir the pot. After taking some time to look at your previous postings, it is a shame that you have chosen to become hypocritical. You started as a champion of ethics and have been unable to maintain your originally chosen course. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is.

I agree completely. South Carolina is not big enough for all the anti-this club, anti-that club. At the end of the day it is all about the kids. Who cares if the coach goes to his car and throws a temper tantrum because his team didn't win. Just my opinion(which I hope I am entitled to).

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I may off somewhat on the details in the 96B scoring....was watching from between fields. Still think the CESA boys had an advantage in play and more scoring chances.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard