Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
kick off
kick off
By the looks of it, there seemed to be some HS coaches that should have been at the all-state meeting rather than at youth club games yesterday.

@chicagoredstars
H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

Quote:

SCUtd U13 boys over CESA in kicks after finishing 1-1 in two OT's. And, not for the first time, the losing CESA coach neglects to participate in the awards ceremony. Nice example.

Mr. Limbaugh, (Happy Daddy)

I think it is entirely inappropriate for the President of SC United Development Academy to make negative statements that are only intended to stir the pot. After taking some time to look at your previous postings, it is a shame that you have chosen to become hypocritical. You started as a champion of ethics and have been unable to maintain your originally chosen course. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is.

You (and momofboywholovessoccer) are certainly entitled to your opinions. Of course the seriousness with which I take them is significantly diminished by their intellectual incoherence.

First, I have never attempted to hide my identity and the substance and context of many of my posts has made it quite clear who I am. Your "outing" my identity might have been clever in your view, but it was meaningless.

Second, if there is some inconsistency or hypocrisy inherent in advocating ethical conduct by youth soccer coaches and officials while criticizing youth soccer coaches for failing to demonstrate class and good sportsmanship, well, you'll just have to do a better job of making that case - you certainly haven't done it yet.

mobwls - I'm sorry to read that you find no fault in the behavior you describe. I would find it reprehensible and inexcusable.

S
bench
bench
S

First of all, indications are that the CESA coach in question WAS at the award ceremony. Whether he chooses to have a player from his team make the presentation or do it himself, seems irrelevant. What is the big deal? Did he make a derogatory comment about Columbia United? Did the CESA players show disrespect to the state champions from Columbia United?

I think where we differ is that I just don't think it makes good sense for the leadership within an organization to enter into unfounded accusations. Celebrate your club's victory if you wish, because the players certainly earned it.

"Outing" you, as you say, is meaningless other than the fact that many families do pay attention to the manner in which their club leadership or potential club leaders express themselves.

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

First of all, indications are that the CESA coach in question WAS at the award ceremony. Whether he chooses to have a player from his team make the presentation or do it himself, seems irrelevant. What is the big deal?

I never said he wasn't there - I said he didn't participate. Surely you know that the normal, sportsmanlike practice is for both coaches to make gracious remarks to and about their opponents. Yes, I think declining to do that is a big deal.

Quote:

unfounded accusations

I haven't made any.

Quote:

[M]any families do pay attention to the manner in which their club leadership or potential club leaders express themselves.

I certainly hope so.
---------------------------

That's all I have to say on this subject in this thread. If you want to continue the conversation, feel free to PM me and include your name. I'll be more than happy to continue it.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

First of all, indications are that the CESA coach in question WAS at the award ceremony. Whether he chooses to have a player from his team make the presentation or do it himself, seems irrelevant. What is the big deal? Did he make a derogatory comment about Columbia United? Did the CESA players show disrespect to the state champions from Columbia United?

I think where we differ is that I just don't think it makes good sense for the leadership within an organization to enter into unfounded accusations. Celebrate your club's victory if you wish, because the players certainly earned it.

"Outing" you, as you say, is meaningless other than the fact that many families do pay attention to the manner in which their club leadership or potential club leaders express themselves.

Is it Columbia United or South Carolina United? Seems to change week-to-week?

@chicagoredstars
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Next season, the teams would be South Carolina United.. You can visit the website for more information

http://southcarolinaunitedfc.com/

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Columbia United = South Carolina United FC
Coastal and MPSC = South Carolina United FC-Mount Pleasant

Last edited by Bonz; 05/17/10 07:49 PM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Its not about the kids in these elite clubs. Too many times they are building good teams but not caring about the character/future of the kids outside of socer. The few elite players that end up playing in college have no professional career in soccer after college. Or if they do they end up playing on a team where they make $125 a month. I'm pretty sure that most of the kids probably don't enjoy this because most of the dads on here are reliving the years they were kids and weren't very good. These kids are treated like slaves and livestock based on what I'm reading.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I should add that the tournament was very well run and the fields were the best we'd played on in the past year (with the possible exception of USC's Stone Stadium). Thanks to Manchester Meadows for all the work and to Publix for being a sponsor.

brace
brace
Since there has been not complaining about refs I would guess they must have done a good job. Anyone else notice the lack of gripes about poor reffing, if they were school games we would have a flood.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard