Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
kick off
kick off
G
ref in CESA DSC 95 game missed 2 fouls in opponent's box and some other more minor calls, but otherwise reffing was decent.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
heard that there was an issue with one of the refs in the U- 13 final

G
kick off
kick off
G
Watched this game, refs were just OK. There were quite a few missed (and some some nonexistent) fouls near the end of regulation.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Kitten,

I had the honor of officiating the U-13 Girls final this morning, congratulations, you taught those girls well.

(I hope #10 in the back, and #99 up top aren't going to Wando . Both of them are a handful.)

Wando will have the luxury of reloading every year The U-11/12 coming right behind the U13s are also very good.

I officiated a match between the MPSC U-12 Girls and a very good team from Atlanta at the St. Pat's Tournament in Columbia back in March. I think MPSC was on the wrong end of a 1-0 score in a very competitive game. Despite the loss, the young ladies from Mt. Pleasant were very impressive.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
bench
bench
P
If CESA coach routinely avoids the spotlight after championship matches (win or lose) there might not be anything wrong with his actions on Sunday. However, if he takes the stand only when he comes out on top? He is nothing more than a POOR SPORT setting the wrong example for his team as well as for any other young person who is watching his actions. Part of being a strong leader is leading when things don't go your way! Not claming up like a spoiled child who didn't get their way. Those CESA kids fought their butts off for that coach and he couldn't even stand up there like a man with them for support! Great team with great parents! To bad the coach abandons you like that!

B
bench
bench
B
My son plays on the U-13 Coast FA 96 Red team and even though we came up short in the semi-finals I thought the entire weekend at Manchester Meadows was near perfect.The level of play in the U-13 Challenge League was exceptional this season with the top three teams finishing one point apart in the table. The State Cup was played at a beautiful venue and the staff did a nice job running the tournament. I look forward to competing against these teams for years to come.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Agree with what has been said about the venue. I guess all of that kicking people off the fields until the start of the game and not allowing teams to warm up in the goal box during league play did have a purpose after all.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Kitten,

I had the honor of officiating the U-13 Girls final this morning, congratulations, you taught those girls well.

(I hope #10 in the back, and #99 up top aren't going to Wando . Both of them are a handful.)

Wando will have the luxury of reloading every year The U-11/12 coming right behind the U13s are also very good.

I officiated a match between the MPSC U-12 Girls and a very good team from Atlanta at the St. Pat's Tournament in Columbia back in March. I think MPSC was on the wrong end of a 1-0 score in a very competitive game. Despite the loss, the young ladies from Mt. Pleasant were very impressive.

& since the merger, in addition to the aforementioned rising u14g, & u13g, comes coach champs rising u12g, a very experienced tough tourny team that played in the boys division this spring.

L
Goal
Goal
L
i've seen many coaches at the awards presentation let a player/captain handle the talking/handshaking/hand out the awards. Nothing new for coaches to give all the limelight to his/her players as leaders of the squad. parents are usually the bigger problem with youth sports and is especially true in soccer.

brace
brace
I have seen this also, but every time I have the coach has stood up there with him to shake hands. Of course I have also seen entire teams skip the awards so it can get much worse!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard