corner kick
corner kick
R
IS CESA taking the weekend off?

H
goal
goal
H
I read it to be a prediction that they'll be taking the next weekend off. That would be a bit of a surprise but, hey, it's not my prediction.

T
bench
bench
T
CESA and DSC play today - winner of that match should come out on top Sunday.

hat-trick
hat-trick
U13 Finals tomorrow:
Boys: Columbia United FC 96 Elite vs. CESA 96 Premier
Girls: MPSC 96 Elite vs. Columbia United FC 96 Elite

C
Goal
Goal
C
U 14 Boys Final

DISA vs. CESA 95 Premier

hat-trick
hat-trick
U14 Girls Final tomorrow:
CESA 95 Premier vs. Columbia United 95 Elite

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

U13 Finals tomorrow:
Boys: Columbia United FC 96 Elite vs. CESA 96 Premier
Girls: MPSC 96 Elite vs. Columbia United FC 96 Elite

What---- no CESA team in the finals in the girls 96s???? Doesn't that mean no "sweep"??? And I hear that they are losing older boy players to the Academy??? What does all of this mean--has the luster worn off of the "Big Red Machine"??? The magic twosome may need to increase the recruiting budget!!!

S
bench
bench
S
Very exciting u14 boys games. Both double overtime and shootouts. Any of the 4 teams could have been in the finals today.

L
Goal
Goal
L
any updates?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Looks like MPSC 96 girls are state champs.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

nice work, thats a hard working group.

L
Goal
Goal
L
96b news i got - cufc won in pks over cesa

K
Throw In
Throw In
K
Quote:

Quote:

nice work, thats a hard working group.

Sandman I have to agree this team has demonstrated for a while now that they are certainly deserving of the top prize congrats to the girls and Coach for a job well done.

we run things, things nuh run we.....
H
goal
goal
H
SCUtd U13 boys over CESA in kicks after finishing 1-1 in two OT's. And, not for the first time, the losing CESA coach neglects to participate in the awards ceremony. Nice example.

K
Throw In
Throw In
K
Any news on the 14's Boys and Girls results?

we run things, things nuh run we.....
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
U14 Girls Championship Final-
CUFC wins in PK's over CESA (not sure what official final score was)

U14 Boys Championship Final-
CESA 3
DISA 0

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

Predictions?

U13 Girls - MPSC
U13 Boys - Columbia United

U14 Girls - Columbia United
U14 Boys - DISA

Well, 3 out of your 4 predictions were spot on, Fireant! The only one you missed was the U14 Boys with CESA 95 Premier winning over DISA Lighning ~ not bad!

Congrats to all the teams who won State Cup today :

U13 Girls: MPSC 96 Girls Elite
U13 Boys: Columbia United 96 Boys Elite

U14 Girls: Columbia United 95 Girls Elite
U14 Boy: CESA 95 Premier

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
WOW!!
With MPSC becoming a part of SCUFC..It was almost a clean sweep..Is the tide changing?

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Is it still Columbia United? I saw billboards around town this week about a South Carolina United, is that the same thing? Last week I was vacationing in Charleston and saw the same moniker with Mount Pleasant associated with their logo. What has happened and what will they be next week?

G
throw in
throw in
G
Wow. Does this mean CESA will not have a premier u14 team next year? I assume they will try to get an alternate spot but SC has never had a 3rd girls team in the premier league, I Think.. And since u14 does not play in the Elite National league I wonder will they go to Disney?

Running with the big dogs
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
SC had a third team in the 93 group in the past

G
throw in
throw in
G
Coldhardtruth. what do you think this CESA teams chances are?

Running with the big dogs
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Its nice to know that other clubs in South Carolina are actually producing good soccer players and forming teams that are rivaling CESA.. The trick is can they keep those players as CESA has a way of snagging them from under these clubs noses..

Congrats to all the teams that played this weekend.. The games in most cases could have gone in favor of any team..
This is great testimony to the great work these coaches and players are putting in

S
bench
bench
S
I don't remember seeing the DISA coach at the ceremony either,

H
goal
goal
H
Can't speak to that one. If he wasn't, shame on him.

J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
So what was the final count for this year of State Champions v last year?

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Perhaps it was South Carolina United Zen Master was refering to when he said there was a new Sheriff in town!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I think the CESA team's chances are pretty good..I think they look at the overall teams from each state..The 93 girls team played up three or four years ago and won state in the 92 group thus creating a third spot in the 93 group

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
CUFC 93 girls did not win state cup in any age group. The year there was a third SC team in premier was due to CESA 93G winning one of top two position. SC was allowed to play a third team in premier league.

D
throw in
throw in
D
CESA were finalist in 11 of 12 state cups. Champions in 9. Tide turning?

With SCUnited taking best CUFC kids into Academy and aligning with MPSC to keep those best boys from driving past COLA to CESA, CESA boys should continue to dominate state cups especially at older ages. Will be interesting to see how the girls play out.

D
throw in
throw in
D
Khouri was at the ceremony. Both coaches and teams were very gracious towards each other.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
For the U-13 boys, CESA controlled the play for most of the game but couldn't put it away with second goal. Columbia United tied the score in second half stoppage time on a corner with the player putting what may have been their first shot on goal. Scoreless OT and then the PK's 4-3 with both teams hitting the crossbar once and the CUFC keeper making a nice save on a dive to his left.

95 boys game was fairly even in the first half with each team having a few chances but only DISA putting a shot on frame. The second half started with CESA scoring on a set play off the opening kick and it seemed to deflate DISA. After a few more chances CESA finally got their second and third goals to seal the win. CESA controlled the game in the second half.

The best game for the boys may have been the semi between the CESA 95 boys and Discovery boys. Discovery scored midway through the first on a defensive lapse off a throw in. CESA possessed 70% of the game or more but didn't equalize until 3 minutes remained. CESA had an open shot from the eight that was right at the keeper but he couldn't control the rebound which went right back to the shooter who didn't miss a second time. the PK's were 5-4 with the CESA keeper making an excellent stop on the third try from DSC. These were probably the best two teams on the boy's side this weekend.

corner kick
corner kick
Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
J
JAK Offline
goal kick
goal kick
J
Quote:

CESA were finalist in 11 of 12 state cups. Champions in 9. Tide turning?

Depends. How does that compare to last year?

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Hurray for the MPSC 96 Girls! I coached some of them back in U9/U10 and they're such hardworking, great players. I can't wait to see how the rest of their soccer "careers" go!

Kitten,

I had the honor of officiating the U-13 Girls final this morning, congratulations, you taught those girls well.

(I hope #10 in the back, and #99 up top aren't going to Wando . Both of them are a handful.)

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Hehe, I think most of the girls that I had the honour of working with are Laing/Moultrie girls...so I can't assuage any fears there!

I worked with a lot of those girls when we pooled for a tournament, but (according to jerseys #s online) 4, 20, 17, and 21 were mine specifically. They're ALL definitely girls to watch though; great on and off the field and I'm super proud of them!

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
D
throw in
throw in
D
Good assessment - could not have said it better or more concisely.

H
goal
goal
H
Nonsense. The first half was uneventful, with neither team creating a real scoring chance and was evenly balanced. SCUtd controlled the first third of the second half, CESA the second third and SCUtd the last few minutes (evidenced by their several corners in the closing minutes). The first OT saw no scoring chances for either team. The second OT saw a great goal by CESA's #20 on a header on six minutes. SCUtd then went on the attack and scored with 90 seconds left. On the following CESA kick off, Utd stole the ball and passed well and quickly and but for a great save by the CESA GK the game would have been over. Kicks from the mark went as described.

The top seed (who also won the regular season match-up) won a close run match. Misrepresenting the nature of the game is a disservice to both teams.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

The top seed (who also won the regular season match-up) won a close run match. Misrepresenting the nature of the game is a disservice to both teams.

Two people, watching the same match seldom see it the same way. Most people who post on this forum are genuine with there assessment and are not trying to misrepresent anything. Heck, listen to the commentators on Fox soccer they are always in conflict over what they see.

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

Most people who post on this forum are genuine with there assessment and are not trying to misrepresent anything.

Agreed - and some aren't.

H
brace
brace
H
The 91 girls had 3 SC teams in Region III last year.

D
throw in
throw in
D
HappyDaddy,

I do not disagree with your description either. The first half was fairly uneventful and your description of the scoring was spot on - both of the OT goals were excellent. However, CESA had many more scoring opportunities (1st and 2nd half). As GSDad described, the late header goal by CUFC on the corner may have been their first shot on frame. Probably not actually, but they were so few, it maybe just seems that way. CUFC keeper made two beautiful, tip of the finger, diving deflections in 2nd half and CESA had 2 or 3 that went just wide of the posts also. This game could have easily have never made it to OT in CESA favor, just as you described it could have easily never made it to PKs except for nice save by CESA keeper at end of OT. Both teams could bring it from defensive 3rd to offensive 3rd, but CESA controlled match from standpoint of having more opportunities. I did not keep stats, but I believe they would bear that out - but as you hear many times, "that's soccer".

Both teams played hard and in that heat/humidity, both had left everything on the field. Congrats to both teams (especially CUFC for taking the hardware) and I am sure there will be more classic battles in r3pl/state cup next year.

Will the CUFC/SCutd coach for this team coach them again next year since he is coaching Academy boys also? You do not get any "bye weekends" in r3pl, and did not know if potential conflicts would prevent that? Did not know if they already announced coaches yet? He had the boys playing some good soccer.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Dirty Mone- in reference as to whether SCUTD coach (Rob Strickland) will be coaching the 14 elite as well as the development academy the answer is yes.
Fortunately for the 14 age group the premier league plays in spring when the Development academy has their break for high school soccer. In the fall I am sure they will try and coordinate schedules to limit the any potential scheduling conflicts. Similar to coaches who have multiple teams in the scysa. The teams that seem to have most potential for conflict for next year would be cesa 93 and 92 who both have same coach listed(Nick Finotti) and both play R3PLE on the same weekends. That may be tough if one is in Jacksonville and the other in charlotte for instance. As you said their are no bye dates so I guess Finotti will have to get lucky with the fixtures!
Btw- the victory for the SCUTD 13s meant Rob Strickland has now coached 3 different boys(91,93,96) teams to state cups in the past 2 years. No mean feat with the CESA juggernaut in town.

R
corner kick
corner kick
R
Quote:

As you said their are no bye dates so I guess Finotti will have to get lucky with the fixtures!

Luck? Apparently you do not know who is in charge of the R3PL schedules ...

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

Kitten,

I had the honor of officiating the U-13 Girls final this morning, congratulations, you taught those girls well.

(I hope #10 in the back, and #99 up top aren't going to Wando . Both of them are a handful.)

Wando will have the luxury of reloading every year The U-11/12 coming right behind the U13s are also very good.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

SCUtd U13 boys over CESA in kicks after finishing 1-1 in two OT's. And, not for the first time, the losing CESA coach neglects to participate in the awards ceremony. Nice example.

Mr. Limbaugh, (Happy Daddy)

I think it is entirely inappropriate for the President of SC United Development Academy to make negative statements that are only intended to stir the pot. After taking some time to look at your previous postings, it is a shame that you have chosen to become hypocritical. You started as a champion of ethics and have been unable to maintain your originally chosen course. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

Quote:

I think it is entirely inappropriate for the President of SC United Development Academy to make negative statements that are only intended to stir the pot. After taking some time to look at your previous postings, it is a shame that you have chosen to become hypocritical. You started as a champion of ethics and have been unable to maintain your originally chosen course. Just my opinion. Take it for what it is.

I agree completely. South Carolina is not big enough for all the anti-this club, anti-that club. At the end of the day it is all about the kids. Who cares if the coach goes to his car and throws a temper tantrum because his team didn't win. Just my opinion(which I hope I am entitled to).

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I may off somewhat on the details in the 96B scoring....was watching from between fields. Still think the CESA boys had an advantage in play and more scoring chances.

kick off
kick off
By the looks of it, there seemed to be some HS coaches that should have been at the all-state meeting rather than at youth club games yesterday.

@chicagoredstars
H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

Quote:

You (and momofboywholovessoccer) are certainly entitled to your opinions. Of course the seriousness with which I take them is significantly diminished by their intellectual incoherence.

First, I have never attempted to hide my identity and the substance and context of many of my posts has made it quite clear who I am. Your "outing" my identity might have been clever in your view, but it was meaningless.

Second, if there is some inconsistency or hypocrisy inherent in advocating ethical conduct by youth soccer coaches and officials while criticizing youth soccer coaches for failing to demonstrate class and good sportsmanship, well, you'll just have to do a better job of making that case - you certainly haven't done it yet.

mobwls - I'm sorry to read that you find no fault in the behavior you describe. I would find it reprehensible and inexcusable.

S
bench
bench
S

First of all, indications are that the CESA coach in question WAS at the award ceremony. Whether he chooses to have a player from his team make the presentation or do it himself, seems irrelevant. What is the big deal? Did he make a derogatory comment about Columbia United? Did the CESA players show disrespect to the state champions from Columbia United?

I think where we differ is that I just don't think it makes good sense for the leadership within an organization to enter into unfounded accusations. Celebrate your club's victory if you wish, because the players certainly earned it.

"Outing" you, as you say, is meaningless other than the fact that many families do pay attention to the manner in which their club leadership or potential club leaders express themselves.

H
goal
goal
H
Quote:

First of all, indications are that the CESA coach in question WAS at the award ceremony. Whether he chooses to have a player from his team make the presentation or do it himself, seems irrelevant. What is the big deal?

I never said he wasn't there - I said he didn't participate. Surely you know that the normal, sportsmanlike practice is for both coaches to make gracious remarks to and about their opponents. Yes, I think declining to do that is a big deal.

Quote:

unfounded accusations

I haven't made any.

Quote:

[M]any families do pay attention to the manner in which their club leadership or potential club leaders express themselves.

I certainly hope so.
---------------------------

That's all I have to say on this subject in this thread. If you want to continue the conversation, feel free to PM me and include your name. I'll be more than happy to continue it.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

First of all, indications are that the CESA coach in question WAS at the award ceremony. Whether he chooses to have a player from his team make the presentation or do it himself, seems irrelevant. What is the big deal? Did he make a derogatory comment about Columbia United? Did the CESA players show disrespect to the state champions from Columbia United?

I think where we differ is that I just don't think it makes good sense for the leadership within an organization to enter into unfounded accusations. Celebrate your club's victory if you wish, because the players certainly earned it.

"Outing" you, as you say, is meaningless other than the fact that many families do pay attention to the manner in which their club leadership or potential club leaders express themselves.

Is it Columbia United or South Carolina United? Seems to change week-to-week?

@chicagoredstars
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Next season, the teams would be South Carolina United.. You can visit the website for more information

http://southcarolinaunitedfc.com/

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Columbia United = South Carolina United FC
Coastal and MPSC = South Carolina United FC-Mount Pleasant

Last edited by Bonz; 05/17/10 07:49 PM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Its not about the kids in these elite clubs. Too many times they are building good teams but not caring about the character/future of the kids outside of socer. The few elite players that end up playing in college have no professional career in soccer after college. Or if they do they end up playing on a team where they make $125 a month. I'm pretty sure that most of the kids probably don't enjoy this because most of the dads on here are reliving the years they were kids and weren't very good. These kids are treated like slaves and livestock based on what I'm reading.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I should add that the tournament was very well run and the fields were the best we'd played on in the past year (with the possible exception of USC's Stone Stadium). Thanks to Manchester Meadows for all the work and to Publix for being a sponsor.

brace
brace
Since there has been not complaining about refs I would guess they must have done a good job. Anyone else notice the lack of gripes about poor reffing, if they were school games we would have a flood.

G
kick off
kick off
G
ref in CESA DSC 95 game missed 2 fouls in opponent's box and some other more minor calls, but otherwise reffing was decent.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
heard that there was an issue with one of the refs in the U- 13 final

G
kick off
kick off
G
Watched this game, refs were just OK. There were quite a few missed (and some some nonexistent) fouls near the end of regulation.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kitten,

Wando will have the luxury of reloading every year The U-11/12 coming right behind the U13s are also very good.

I officiated a match between the MPSC U-12 Girls and a very good team from Atlanta at the St. Pat's Tournament in Columbia back in March. I think MPSC was on the wrong end of a 1-0 score in a very competitive game. Despite the loss, the young ladies from Mt. Pleasant were very impressive.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
P
bench
bench
P
If CESA coach routinely avoids the spotlight after championship matches (win or lose) there might not be anything wrong with his actions on Sunday. However, if he takes the stand only when he comes out on top? He is nothing more than a POOR SPORT setting the wrong example for his team as well as for any other young person who is watching his actions. Part of being a strong leader is leading when things don't go your way! Not claming up like a spoiled child who didn't get their way. Those CESA kids fought their butts off for that coach and he couldn't even stand up there like a man with them for support! Great team with great parents! To bad the coach abandons you like that!

B
bench
bench
B
My son plays on the U-13 Coast FA 96 Red team and even though we came up short in the semi-finals I thought the entire weekend at Manchester Meadows was near perfect.The level of play in the U-13 Challenge League was exceptional this season with the top three teams finishing one point apart in the table. The State Cup was played at a beautiful venue and the staff did a nice job running the tournament. I look forward to competing against these teams for years to come.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Agree with what has been said about the venue. I guess all of that kicking people off the fields until the start of the game and not allowing teams to warm up in the goal box during league play did have a purpose after all.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Kitten,

I officiated a match between the MPSC U-12 Girls and a very good team from Atlanta at the St. Pat's Tournament in Columbia back in March. I think MPSC was on the wrong end of a 1-0 score in a very competitive game. Despite the loss, the young ladies from Mt. Pleasant were very impressive.

& since the merger, in addition to the aforementioned rising u14g, & u13g, comes coach champs rising u12g, a very experienced tough tourny team that played in the boys division this spring.

L
Goal
Goal
L
i've seen many coaches at the awards presentation let a player/captain handle the talking/handshaking/hand out the awards. Nothing new for coaches to give all the limelight to his/her players as leaders of the squad. parents are usually the bigger problem with youth sports and is especially true in soccer.

brace
brace
I have seen this also, but every time I have the coach has stood up there with him to shake hands. Of course I have also seen entire teams skip the awards so it can get much worse!

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I have seen this also, but every time I have the coach has stood up there with him to shake hands. Of course I have also seen entire teams skip the awards so it can get much worse!

I've seen that at the 4A finals in the past as well! I hate poor sportsmanship. Nothing worse than a runner-up medal in the trash can or thrown across the field.

Victory Starts Here!
goal kick
goal kick
Its emotions though, can you really blame a player after he/she just worked so hard and came so close and be defeated at the final stage? Heartbreaking, and no player really wants to keep a runners-up medal? Except maybe for added motivation the next time out

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Its emotions though, can you really blame a player after he/she just worked so hard and came so close and be defeated at the final stage? Heartbreaking, and no player really wants to keep a runners-up medal? Except maybe for added motivation the next time out

Disagree wholeheartedly! There are probably 46 other 4A teams that would have loved to have been there to accept a State Runners-Up medal. Sorry, that boat don't float! It's just poor when a principal, AD, and Hall of Fame coach don't do anything about poor sportsmanship. No excuse!

Victory Starts Here!
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

I've seen that at the 4A finals in the past as well! I hate poor sportsmanship. Nothing worse than a runner-up medal in the trash can or thrown across the field.

If you're talking about Irmo, I'm not surprised

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
B
throw in
throw in
B
WOW, even on this forum. If my child acted in an inappropriate manner, she would not WANT to come home. You work hard, you win, You work hard, you lose. Thats what happens... We parents and coaches have got to set a better example.

goal kick
goal kick
hahaha I certainly never wanted to see my parents after I got in trouble at school or even had a bad game

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard