Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
C
kick off
kick off
C
I feel that I am in the minority of coaches that can say they had the honor of playing Wando, Dorman (twice), and Mauldin (twice) this season. From what I saw from those three teams during our matches, I have no thoughts of the players not being deserving. You look at what those three teams have done in terms of their records this year:
Wando 24-0-2 (Enough Said with that record)
Maulding 23-2-0 (Guess Who their only two losses were two? Wando and Dorman. Also Beat Dorman Twice)
Dorman 20-2-0 (Lost against Mauldin twice and beat them once)
All Three teams play a tremendous schedule and have done amazing jobs with their teams. Lets please stop complaining about how many players they had that made it and start congratulating them for the amazing seasons they are STILL HAVING!!!
Congratulations to the 18 young ladies that have recieved this honor and thank you to the coaches that did all the behind the scenes work and took on a very tuff and time consuming task in order to honor our states best lady soccer players.

world cup
world cup
List of coaches was published before the players were selected. I knew who was on the committee.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
bench
bench
S
I didn't say they weren't deseving... on the contrary, I think it is a HIGHLY talented selection of players. I too have seen most of them play.

I say "tainted" because of all the talk that is going on. It is truely a shame to have this talented list of players scrutinzed due to the process by which they received this honor.

And, sorry, just a little jab at CESA... no harm intended.. they are great players.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

If the "Columbia Crew" showed up for the meeting, I'm not sure their players should have been chosen based on them "kicking and screaming". Do we want politics to decide who gets these honors?

I don't think it's just a matter of politics. If the Region 4 & 5 coaches had shown up, at least the committee could have heard more about their players' accomplishments and worthiness to be considered, even if they weren't selected. This would be a completely different discussion if those coaches had shown up.

You called them the "Columbia Crew", but they also represent Aiken, North Augusta, Orangeburg-Wilkinson, Lancaster, Rock Hill, and South Pointe.

corner kick
corner kick
Maybe larger schools should get a first team, second team and perhaps a third team or honorable mention selection process. Or perhaps THAT would only ignite further craziness.
As long as "people" are involved, you will never get the "politics" out of the process.

"I love mankind; it's people I can't stand"...Linus (via cartoonist Charles Schultz)

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
world cup
world cup
Quote:

Quote:

If the "Columbia Crew" showed up for the meeting, I'm not sure their players should have been chosen based on them "kicking and screaming". Do we want politics to decide who gets these honors?

I don't think it's just a matter of politics. If the Region 4 & 5 coaches had shown up, at least the committee could have heard more about their players' accomplishments and worthiness to be considered, even if they weren't selected. This would be a completely different discussion if those coaches had shown up.

You called them the "Columbia Crew", but they also represent Aiken, North Augusta, Orangeburg-Wilkinson, Lancaster, Rock Hill, and South Pointe.

I agree, a voice would have been nice.

Didn't include RH/SP/Lanc in my "Columbia Crew" reference (geographically) since none of their coaches were on the committee.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't care if regions 4 or 5 were a no show..Our coach did not attend either..It's the process..A player should not be left out because his or her coach could or would not attend..So the others throw his/her players under the bus..
High school has become club ball? All the players have to move to go to the same school in order to receive an award?

C
Goal
Goal
C

Coach P

I was at the selection meeting and can speak for the last three on your list (Lancaster, RH,and SP) As far as the remaining Aiken, NA, and OW it would be hard for me to believe that they have players more deserving than Wando, Mauldin, and Dorman.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
4-A All State Player award...not team award..Bust those teams up and do they look as good?
That's what alot of good players are faced with..

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P

I was at the selection meeting and can speak for the last three on your list (Lancaster, RH,and SP) As far as the remaining Aiken, NA, and OW it would be hard for me to believe that they have players more deserving than Wando, Mauldin, and Dorman.

I agree, but at least they deserve to have their Region's representative attend the meeting.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard