Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Quote:

Quote:

All the more reason to let high school honors be high school honors without inserting anyone's favorite club into the discussion.

Problem is all of the top players play club ball. With the HS talent at an all time high a non club player has zero chance of picking up an award.

I don't think anyone would question that the club players are top players. I think what we are saying here is that "club" accomplishments are not part of the equation when "discussing" All State high school player selection on this board.

As usual, CESA has to get their "plug" in. Not sure why a few CESA parents feel the need to always do that. It rubs people the wrong way. The CESA bashers are more about the attitude of a vocal few, not the club's number of wins.

Hurst66 was spot on that more players from Wando, Mauldin & Dorman could be on the team. I'm sure there are players from many schools that could be on the team, but they only get to choose 18. I would not want that job.

To those of you criticizing the schools with the higher # of players selected....should the coaches consider leaving off a well deserving player because there are "too many" from one team? It takes more than one coach to vote a player in, so your bias theory doesn't hold.

Back to the original complaint....Regions IV & V should've had representation at this extremely important meeting.

B
bench
bench
B
I will not complain about the girls who made the "All-State team". All of the girls nominated made a commitment to to their respective school programs to attend practices, train hard, and represent their schools in a professional manner. What makes me mad is you have coaches who for some reason did not make that same level of commitment to their team and players, or for the other teams and players in the region that they should have been representing. If for some reason a coach couldn't attend, find a replacement. I don't care if a coach was retiring, resigning or whatever.....they had a commitment that they failed to complete. If they wanted to be out of the picture, find a replacement who would atleast show up and represent the athletes nominated.
I'm just curious, but let me ask this, was a reminder sent out lastweek to all of the coaches on the commitee about the meeting? If so, a red flag should have went up when these coaches didn't respond. If they did respond, did anyone try contacting them by cell phone to see where they were?

bench
bench
You have to be a member of SCHSSCA to be on a committee. A lot of coaches are not members! It is very easy to become a member of SCHSSCA.

Electric City!!!
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
I know of a coach on the boys side that had NO CLUE he was on the all-state committee..never informed byt the schssca..and was told by another that his name was listed on scsoccer..he had prior engagments and could not attend the meeting

my question is who picks the coaches to represent the committtee? i know in other classes, some of the regions were not represented in 2a and 3a

M
throw in
throw in
M
A few issues with all this.
1.) Which club a player played for should not have anything to do with making ALL State. It is supposed to be what that player did during the high school season.
2.)You can't tell me or anyone reasonable, that there were 0 kids from the midlands area that did not deserve to be on the 4A all state team. Dutch Fork, Blythewood, Spring Valley, White Knoll, Lexington and Irmo all finished in the top 15 in 4A (except Irmo).
3.) The coaches that did not show up for the meetings should never be assigned to be on a committee again or rewarded with coaching all star games--unless a valid reason was given before hand--and they still could have found a replacement or notified Coach Heise and I am sure he could have found a replacement.
4.) No one is questioning the talent of those selected. But to say that there were 0 kids from the midlands area that deserved to be on the team is just not correct. Congrats to those that did make it.
5.) Wando, Dorman, Mauldin--all are great teams. The difference between these 3 teams and teams ranked 4-15 in 4A is that they have 11 great players on their team (at least). But that does not mean the 2-3 players from teams 4-15 in 4A should not be considered or picked.
6.) a limit per team might not be a bad idea...North/South all star game is 2 per team, The Clash all star game is 2 per team, should All state not be 2 per team? Maybe 3?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

The 2010 SCHSSCA All-Star Games & All-State Committees have been released on the SCSoccer.com main page at SCSoccer.com.

If you have been selected to represent your region/area and cannot attend, please contact me at kheise@sc.rr.com

Committee members are expected to "do their homework" on nominated individuals and to represent your region/area in the best possible manner. Please come prepared.

This was posted on the SCHSSCA forum on April 3. Was no other notice sent to the coaches who were selected? So if they don't read the message board or don't read the SCHSSCA forum, then they would not know they were selected. Shouldn't they at least have to accept their position before being expected to attend?

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
There was a boys' coach that was on the committee that did not know he was on the committee until someone told him it was on the message board; so they are not notified through email or phone calls..he was not present

Also, our region was not represented in the meeting so no one could fight for our players who were nominated...and 1 of them is a committed junior..

it just seems it is always the same teams and same coaches;

yes, ALL these kids deserve the recognition; but it seems nothing changes in who is representing the committees...these kids could be on it with other coaches represented too

why can't there be a 1st team, 2nd team, and 3rd team-other states do that...we all know there are more than 18 players that are that good in the state...some play in crappy regions, some play on crappy teams, and never get recognized for who they are as a player b.c they don't play on certain teams or in certain regions

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The best teams have the best players..I can agree with that but if I take those four or five all staters and moved them to different teams..What then? They don't stand out so much now do they? Don't pick players based on their teams but on their ability to impact their team whether they are 25-0 or 14-14..

O
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
O
Quote:

There was a boys' coach that was on the committee that did not know he was on the committee until someone told him it was on the message board; so they are not notified through email or phone calls..he was not present

Also, our region was not represented in the meeting so no one could fight for our players who were nominated...and 1 of them is a committed junior..

it just seems it is always the same teams and same coaches;

yes, ALL these kids deserve the recognition; but it seems nothing changes in who is representing the committees...these kids could be on it with other coaches represented too

why can't there be a 1st team, 2nd team, and 3rd team-other states do that...we all know there are more than 18 players that are that good in the state...some play in crappy regions, some play on crappy teams, and never get recognized for who they are as a player b.c they don't play on certain teams or in certain regions

I've served on this committee before but not for several years. Back then it was mandated that you had to fill out a true starting 11 and then choose seven other players. That does not seem to be the case now. We asked then why we couldn't have more than one All-State Team, but that was what the SCACA parent organization dictated, so we went with honoring the best 18 we could identify.

I counted more than 50 coaches present at the meeting in the All-State thread. I understand you have to be a member of SCACA and the SCHSSCA to be considered for the All-State Committee. If a coach is not a member of those organizations then it's pretty obvious that the coach doesn't consider that his/her profession and is just there to pick up a check like club coaches do. From being around the game a long time there are a lot of I's to dot and T's to cross when it comes to high school athletics. You can't just roll the ball out there, scrimmage for an hour and a half while talking on your cell phone, and then calling it a day. This is a full time commitment and quite honestly some just aren't cut out to do so.

The SCHSSCA has made it quite obvious that this message board and the scsoccer.com web site are its main methods of information for their organization. For a coach, parent, or player to not be familiar with these outlets is just poor and outside of physically spoon-feeding needy adults I don't know what more could be done to make it as easy as possible for the coaches.

But just like ODP, Select, etc., players not chosen will find a reason to complain instead of looking in the mirror and realizing that they've just got to be better. If their coach was on the All-State Committee and not present at the meeting then that is where the questions should be asked. If a coach did not nominate his/her players then ask that coach directly because no one else would know why a player(s) were not nominated.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

The SCHSSCA has made it quite obvious that this message board and the scsoccer.com web site are its main methods of information for their organization. For a coach, parent, or player to not be familiar with these outlets is just poor and outside of physically spoon-feeding needy adults I don't know what more could be done to make it as easy as possible for the coaches.

I don't know how they can be expected to read the forum when they don't even submit their schedules and scores. One of the coaches that did not show up has an incomplete record showing on the scoreboard. He did not submit his schedule or scores to scsoccer.com. The fact that he did not get the info and did not show up for the meeting should have been predictable.

How can you appoint someone to such a higly visible committee position without at least knowing that they are willing and available to serve?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard