Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Oh, now I get it. You meant move ONE, not all five to one team. I wasn't thinking that direction since girls rarely move in ones.

It would depend on which team you move them to and if that team really just needs a fast forward, goalie, etc. There are several teams in the lowcountry that have a good supporting cast.

I
goal
goal
I
If you look over the years, it is very rare a girl gets all state without her TEAM winning 12 or usually 14 matches. This is an individual award and not a team award. But those who pick are usually the winners so... I just can not believe if an Enzo type player were at, say a Laurens or a Goose creek (no offense), they would get no play in the press, because the team did not win.

To the winners go the spoils. Region II got what 9 all state players, with Riverside and JL mann moving in well, will it be more than 2/3 of the all state team? From one region?

C
kick off
kick off
C
I think myself and others just don't understand how an All-State committee can pick an All-State team without committee members from ALL PARTS of the state... I am not talking about picking coaches to be involved and those coaches not showing up! But shouldn't each region (as recognized by the SCHSL) or each geographical region at least be represented! Why does one region get four coaching representatives, but another region get ZERO!!???!!!

kick off
kick off
Quote:

I think myself and others just don't understand how an All-State committee can pick an All-State team without committee members from ALL PARTS of the state... I am not talking about picking coaches to be involved and those coaches not showing up! But shouldn't each region (as recognized by the SCHSL) or each geographical region at least be represented! Why does one region get four coaching representatives, but another region get ZERO!!???!!!

I disagree! I think we all know that there are certain pockets of the state that are simply better at soccer than others. Why should a 50-goal scorer from Podunk High get an all-state player when the schedule they played in was sub-500 or their 'prestigious tourney title' was in the Lady Azalea/Chrysanthemum/Dogwood Classic?

Only players that achieve at the highest levels against the best competition should be all-state. There are other all-star teams -- i.e. All-Region, All-Area, etc. that should recognize the 'other' players, but not All-State.

As for those bashing the club aspect, though I agree a girl that plays for at an Academy or Premier level is an accomplished player, I still feel that girl should have to produce at the HS level in some very proficient manner. Maybe if she plays at a relatively weak school, that coach should feature their team in a better tourney to showcase his girl against the best teams -- i.e. the Viking Cup.

There seemed to be one nominee the last four years who has been awesome for her high school team, but never exposed (in four years) to high level outside-the-region competition. I put that on her coach as much as anything for not giving her the opportunity on a grander stage.

I don't think some regions (SCHSL or geographical) should have any representation at the meetings because they simply don't play the quality of soccer present elsewhere. It's just a fact. If those areas want to change their perception then it should be their duty to change the product.

You don't see Clemson or Carolina football getting All-Americans every year do you? Generally only when they out-excel the Alabamas, Florida States, Texas, Southern Cals of the gridiron world. Same is true for a lesser high school program. It should be earned, and oftentimes that means the entire program, not just the solo wonder-kid.

As another poster stated, "To the victor goes the spoils."

@chicagoredstars
bench
bench
Quote:

If you look over the years, it is very rare a girl gets all state without her TEAM winning 12 or usually 14 matches. This is an individual award and not a team award. But those who pick are usually the winners so... I just can not believe if an Enzo type player were at, say a Laurens or a Goose creek (no offense), they would get no play in the press, because the team did not win.

To the winners go the spoils. Region II got what 9 all state players, with Riverside and JL mann moving in well, will it be more than 2/3 of the all state team? From one region?

If you look on the 3A All-State team, Nina Morales from Midland Valley made it. She played on the boys team at Midland Valley. The team went 6 - 9 this season. They were no "Riverside or Wando." The committee obviously took the time to look at her stats and comments about the player. It looks like she made a good impression on the boys and girls coaches in 3A. Congratulations to her!!!

Electric City!!!
B
bench
bench
B
Quote:

Quote:

The best teams have the best players..I can agree with that but if I take those four or five all staters and moved them to different teams..What then? They don't stand out so much now do they? Don't pick players based on their teams but on their ability to impact their team whether they are 25-0 or 14-14..

CHT...we are usually on the same page,but this time I disagree. I don't see the names listed, but you take any 5 players from Wando and put them on another team and not only do they still stand out, but the team you move them to is in contention for region, lower state and state. You can't have much more impact than that. These 5 players would probably stand out all the more because they are no longer on the same team with 16 other really good players.

Well if that is the case, then why did Dutch Fork have players left off. They didn't need a player(s) from Wando to share the Region championship or play for the lower state championship.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W

Well if that is the case, then why did Dutch Fork have players left off. They didn't need a player(s) from Wando to share the Region championship or play for the lower state championship.

You will have to ask the DF coach about why his players were left off. It doesn't seem logical with their standings.
Maybe with any one of the All State players, DF wouldn't have to "share" a region championship.

S
goal
goal
S
Quote:

Quote:

Congratulations to the SEVEN ALL-STATE players from CESA 92 Girls Premier.

Why does someone always have to bring a club into a discussion about High School?? Well done on the Free promotion. Lame!

Wow, you can't be serious, name a single time Enzo and his Disc teammates, oops I mean Northwestern HS teammates were not mentioned in the same breath. It was always it's the DISC players.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Don't think so..Not enough supportting cast..You don't even know what team I would move them too..
In soccer..It does take a village..
Never seen one really good player carry a girls team without support..

On the other hand, CHT (Devil's advocate, you know me) you could show examples where one or two impact players can make a HUGE difference in a team's overall performance and record, and in my opinion, showing how much their individual contribution has affected the team would be one of the best arguments for including them in an All-State team regardless of team standing. Gotta agree with WormBurner...separate them from the #1 team, they might actually stand out more as individuals; it's harder to spot a diamond in a pile of diamonds.

As for whether they could look as good and get the job done on a less powerful team without the high-caliber supporting cast--hey, send me a couple of them and let's see what happens.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
That's a good one..Did anyone else see that table spin around real fast? I guess someone could show you that but you would still lose the argument if you're not there..

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard