Josh Mercadel, SR, D, Fort Mill
Ignacio Moncetti, JR, F, Mauldin
Ian Murray, SR, D, White Knoll
Billy Padula, SR, D, Irmo
Matt Sieverding, JR, D, Irmo
Seth Stowers, SR, M, Wren
Evan Whetsell, SR, K, West Ashley
Dent Wise, SR, D, T.L. Hanna

Am I missing something? Why didn't Dennis Moore (Northwestern) or Antoine Parris (Spring Valley) make all-state? One is going to Wofford and the other USC. Both are Clash all-stars.

I don't want to take away anything from the other boys selected, but those two were shoo-ins as far as I'm concerned. Can anyone explain this???

Warrior #136674 05/17/10 01:12 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Spring Valley nor Northwestern had a representative at the All-State Committee. I'd bet that might be a big reasaon neither was included.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
Chick #136675 05/17/10 01:25 PM
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Spring Valley nor Northwestern had a representative at the All-State Committee. I'd bet that might be a big reasaon neither was included.

This is true, as I was coaching in the state club playoffs this weekend.

The people that needed to know that were notified.

As a coach who has been present on the committee (and been honored to be) for the past four years. I remember when only 4 of us were present, and not only players from those 4 schools were selected.

Dom_Wren #136676 05/17/10 01:37 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

As a coach who has been present on the committee (and been honored to be) for the past four years. I remember when only 4 of us were present, and not only players from those 4 schools were selected.

No, but it helps.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
Chick #136677 05/17/10 01:54 PM
Kickoff
Kickoff
I don't see too many problems with the selections, because the best teams obviously have the best players. This might be Irmo's best team ever and that is saying something with their program! Northwestern and Wando aren't far behind in that regard. I am curious as to why Dennis Moore didn't make the team. Antoine Parris is a D1 signee but his high school team lost to Lancaster twice and didn't even get out of the First Round of the playoffs. Wren is a Top 10 team and that player must be the best of their lot in a really weak region. Dorman was really down this year compared to their standards and that selection looks like a reach. I know nothing about the player from White Knoll because the only one I had heard of was Nestor, but he got kicked off. Have no clue about the kid from Hanna, but it was mentioned somewhere else that he signed to play at Coastal Carolina but his high school team did not have a good year.

#1 Irmo, 4
#2 Northwestern, 2
#3 Wando, 2
#4 Mauldin, 1
#5 West Ashley, 2
#6 Lexington, 2
#7 Fort Mill, 1
#10 Wren, 1
#13 Dorman, 1
White Knoll, 1
T.L. Hanna, 1

Chick #136678 05/17/10 01:59 PM
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, but it helps.

I'm sorry, I dont understand?

It helps to have me present to get Dennis Moore on the all state team, when im coaching in the club state championship final four weekend?

Dom_Wren #136679 05/17/10 02:09 PM
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, but it helps.

I'm sorry, I dont understand?

It helps to have me present to get Dennis Moore on the all state team, when im coaching in the club state championship final four weekend?

I think if you'll notice that most of the coaches on the committee get players on All-State. I'm not criticizing you for not being there, I'm saying that something ought to be done about the system. I know in 2A, one of the coaches on the committee did not even know he was on the committee.

I don't mean to take away from the players who made the team, I'm just making a criticism of the way in which it is done. That said, I'm not saying I have a better solution, just that there should be a better way of doing it.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
Johnny Q #136680 05/17/10 02:51 PM
G
bench
bench
G
It is just a fact that the better teams have the better players, obviously. While it's great that they receive the recognition, it's too bad for great players on not-so-great teams. It would be nice for a few of them to get recognition as well. There is a player on Aiken High School's team (midifielder),who has played ODP and was chosen for region pool. They also have a strong forward. And while both of those players can go up against many of those on the all-state team, they were sadly overlooked.

goin4broke #136681 05/17/10 03:16 PM
J
throw in
throw in
J
Recommendation

How about changing the system so that only players who are selected for All-Region Team, qualify for All-State consideration?

just4kicks #136682 05/17/10 04:32 PM
bench
bench
The Wren player Seth Stowers is signed at Coker College to play next year. Unfortunately he tore his ACL in practice 2 days before playoffs started which hurt the team a little but he will bounce back quickly as he has a great work ethic.

As for the T.L. Hanna player Dent, he is a good player who is on the Region 3 team that was over in Europe for a good while.

While it may not be a perfect system, I think that it is important to give good players recognition that they deserve and no matter how it's done there will always be someone left off that is deserving (and sometimes more deserving). As for the players who missed out for whatever reason I don't think that it will hold him back in their future endeavors. Dennis is a class act who will go on to have a successful career at Wofford and this probably won't hold him back too much.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard