Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
SA has weak outside backs so Mann should have fun with their pace attacking that.

SmallSodaMan, SA beat Swansea 2-0 and 4-0, that is a potent offense too! hehe

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
E
bench
bench
E
I hope it is far better than last year's state final. I couldn't believe that those were the two best AAA teams, it looked like a JV game.

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
They were not the two best teams Unlucky, that is why it was so dissapointing! But in JL Mann we have a really talented squad and in SA we have a scrappy squad who can grind out a win, I'm excited!

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
kick off
kick off
I am taking Mann on this one just think they are to powerful for South Aiken

RWBfan8 #137026 05/20/10 10:41 PM
R
bench
bench
R
I heard the coach at SA picks his starting line up by drawing names out of a hat. Any truth to that? And what is with that loud Cajun guy who yells at their games? He gets on my nerves.

B
bench
bench
B
Quote:

SA has weak outside backs so Mann should have fun with their pace attacking that.

SmallSodaMan, SA beat Swansea 2-0 and 4-0, that is a potent offense too! hehe

i would disagree with the weak SA outside backs. the defense as a whole is good. center back is consistent all around, left back is strong and fast, right back has ball control and smart. and keeper makes amazing saves.
thats my impression. if youve seen otherwise then this can be completely worthless posting and nothing can be said to determine the outcome except to wait and watch the game.

rjwjsw #137028 05/20/10 11:55 PM
B
bench
bench
B
Quote:

I heard the coach at SA picks his starting line up by drawing names out of a hat. Any truth to that? And what is with that loud Cajun guy who yells at their games? He gets on my nerves.

and what does that say about the teams who lost to SA

goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
blinkdogo2, I completely agree on your assesment of their center backs, especially #3 who is very solid and #21 scored a great game winning goal against BC to get here. I also agree with you that their goalkeeper is solid, I think I overheard he is from Germany? Correct me if im wrong. But I have not been impressed with their outside backs and from what I have seen it looks like they have had trouble with pacy players this season

B
bench
bench
B
i think you are right. which is why they play the middle back as a sweeper to cover the sides if necesary. in the lower state final, bc relentlessly went up the left (i feel bad for the SA right defense for working so hard stopping those runs) BC had veryyyy close crosses through the box on the ground to their number 10 in overtime. surprised 10 never finished to tie 2-2

bench
bench
I don't think there is anyone that will claim that this is a matchup of the best two AAA teams in the state. Mann and Riverside are far and away the top two teams in the state. There is a real drop-off after those two.

Here's to hoping SA can at least make it an interesting game.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard