Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
It was a great game. High energy, high emotion. My problem with the flags is blocking views. But I don't sit in the middle of the fans so it doesn't really get in my way.

What I didn't care for were the Irmo fans, probably students, yelling "SUCKS" after every player from NWHS was announced. Classless. Then yelling "B*** S***" after referee calls. Probably made some in attendance who didn't support either team pull for NWHS. I personally like to see good sportsmanship. Guess some don't.

Still a great game.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
manchester, thank you for an insightful post about the game. to listen to those concerned about flags, i would think a game was not played. if all you can say about the 3 time defending champion TROJANS is you dont like their flags just shows how small minded and ignorant u are. none of those boys can help where their parents dedided to give birth to them. none of those boys had a choice when their parents decided to come to the land of the free and home of the brave. by the grace of the king of the universe, we happened to be born here and did nothing to deserve being born here. get over it and move on. where would u rather live, mexico, honduras, or...in abject poverty or in this great land of opportunity? the flags did not get called for a foul, did not score a goal, or defend anything. What will the gripe be next year? what will the excuse be next year? irmo showed class and great will in mounting a seemingly insurmountable 3-0 deficit. great game by two great teams who deserved to be there, and the game lived up to its advance billing.

M
brace
brace
M
Quote:

manchester, thank you for an insightful post about the game. to listen to those concerned about flags, i would think a game was not played. if all you can say about the 3 time defending champion TROJANS is you dont like their flags just shows how small minded and ignorant u are. none of those boys can help where their parents dedided to give birth to them. none of those boys had a choice when their parents decided to come to the land of the free and home of the brave. by the grace of the king of the universe, we happened to be born here and did nothing to deserve being born here. get over it and move on. where would u rather live, mexico, honduras, or...in abject poverty or in this great land of opportunity? the flags did not get called for a foul, did not score a goal, or defend anything. What will the gripe be next year? what will the excuse be next year? irmo showed class and great will in mounting a seemingly insurmountable 3-0 deficit. great game by two great teams who deserved to be there, and the game lived up to its advance billing.

Wolfgang, I respect NW's right to display their flags and respect the rights of those to disagree with their right to do so. Personally, it's not an issue for me as I see the displaying of the flags as a cultural statement embracing the US and the countries of origin of some of their players and not a display of political sentiment. It's just a celebratory affair in my opinion.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
H
kick off
kick off
H
Dear wolf-boy....I called no one ignorant and no one small-minded....I just don't like the "in-your-face" foreign flags waved about at a HS soccer game. I was willing to move on, but your assinine response which resorts to name-calling brings me back. I'm not an American Indian, so I could bounce around and flip my native countries' flags in everyone's face. But I don't. I'm as international as anyone on the pitch. I'm happy that the kids are here....hopefully, they came here completely legal. I respect their diversity and embrace their color/nationality/etc. as much as anyone that I know. You don't know me or where I come from. What they are doing is not smart....they are free to do it and you are free to show everyone what they already perceive about you. You can ignore it or think it's cool. I would never belittle your opinion. It's REALLY sad when you have to name-call to have an opinion. Kind of takes away from your substance.

throw in
throw in
guys come on lay off hardtruth he's obviously very very sensitive

H
kick off
kick off
H
Not really squanc....only when someone's opinion is ridiculed as ignorant and small-minded. Seems like having an opinion is as provoking as the flags. Come on guys....just be diverse in others' point of view. I marvel at those that write such things, but at the same time, don't understand what I'm trying to convey. It is amazing. I can assure all of you that I am not the only one with my particular opinion....just the only one willing to write something about it. I've heard so many derogatory statements over the years about the whole issue.

As I've said many times.....happy NW won....Region III is the best. NW team is to be commended on all fronts.

S
bench
bench
S
I still don't understand. What is so wrong about waving a country's flag?

Q
throw in
throw in
Q
Has Hardtruth posted all of his 30 posts on just this "flag issue"??

H
kick off
kick off
H
Nope sure haven't ?-Master....go back and read them. Soccerman...if you want to understand...go back and read the posts. I'm all done. Keep waving the cloth. Someone one day will get busted up for putting it in their face. I've already heard the derogatory comments yelled at games.

bench
bench
you obviously dont know the players or their backgrounds. the fact that you think they have in-your-face intentions while waving the flags is ridiculous. i know every one of the players personally and each is just extremely proud of the things they have overcome in each of their own birth countries. you mean to tell me that if you moved to another country you wouldnt lay claim to the US flag? you would drop all loyalties to the american flag and carry whichever countries flag that you moved to? i dont think so

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard