Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Has Hardtruth posted all of his 30 posts on just this "flag issue"??

No...only 20 of his/her 30 posts have to do with this flag thing...

-Attitude reflects leadership-
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
here is the truth about softlie,er, hardtruth, since his team lost and he cannot find anything negative to say about the trojans and their magnificent performance, he criticizes their heritage. how weak is that? and what i want to know,cause i havent seen any pictures, is in whose face were the flags rubbed? irmo players? irmo coaches? irmo fans? couldn't be the fans cause they werent on the field since u LOST. hardtruth, u lost. period end of story, grow up. find something else to blame for your loss, flags, u gotta be kidding me. what a sore loser.

J
bench
bench
J
There is nothing less to our credit than our neglect of the foreigner and his children, unless it be the arrogance most of us betray when we set out to ''Americanize'' him.

~Charles Horton Cooley

In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.

~Theodore Roosevelt

H
kick off
kick off
H
Woofie,

Please back up a little and actually "read" my posts. I am happy NW won. I like a lot of the kids on the NW team. I believe they had a great game to finish a fine season.

My team did not LOSE. I am grown, unlike elementary posts that I read. I am an immigrant to the U.S. and love the U.S. flag. I celebrate diversity everyday I live....HERE.

I have been the victim of discrimination. Even though we are diverse and we come together as one, I wrap myself in one flag. Waving other countries flags around is more than wearing a t-shirt or jacket or a bumper sticker. Otherwise, flags mean little. To ME, it shows individualism, not cohesiveness. It shouts, "look at me....I'm not from here", but I love the U.S. It doesn't hurt NW when it comes to play, but in the stands fans "look" for something to get emotional about. Some people get really upset that it happens. It is antagonizing and with today's climate and is not the smartest thing to do. I suppose they will have to "get over it",but it's already drawing negative comments in the stands and it's only a matter of time before someone gets more than just words. When that happens, someone else will be a "sore" loser.

S
goal
goal
S
I preface my comments by saying that the flags at the State game did not bother me. However, the discussion is interesting as to when does a flag become offensive? What makes it acceptable for foreign flags to be waved at a public venue yet the American flag is not welcome in a private setting (see story link). Just think our great country actually has a law to allow the flying of our American flag in private just not for renters. I wonder if there is such a law for foreign flags? Rather curious turn of events don't you think.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/26/wis...test=latestnews

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard