Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
goal kick
goal kick
why the heck would an academy game ever take precedence over a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game!!!! For most kids this is a once, if ever, in a lifetime opportunity that should not be wasted on a club soccer game

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
bench
bench
I don't see how anyone could predict this game. Two extraordinary teams. Last year same situation, Irmo didn't play up to their capability, Northwestern was there firing on all cylinders all game long. Hope to see a better game Saturday. Go Jackets.

kick off
kick off
Just watch out for Irmo's long throw-ins because I have seen a majority of their goals that way. If they do it should be a hard fought scrappy battle. I say NW 2-1 in overtime

A
throw in
throw in
A
Quote:

It is easier to deal with Padula's throws on a big field like Memorial. He has got a cannon but W.C. Hawkins is nowhere near as wide as Memorial and thus NW should be able to defend those well and should be ready for that style of play as many of these players have played against Irmo twice in high school and many of them in club

W.C. Hawkins is wider than Memorial, for the record.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

My fondest memory of last year's 4A match-up was how the NWN group embraced the ethnic diversity of their team. I can still see all the many different flags waving during and after the match. It was great. I have tried to emulate that at HH. I hope folks on both sides are as tolerant this year, a lesson folks in Nebraska have not yet learned. Green Card Incident Outrages Students After Soccer Match

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12511148

The only cards I want to see on Saturday are yellow ones. There will be lots of emotions. Keep the game under control.

lets keep it classy folks, play with style, celebrate with passion, but lets keep soccer where it is, on top.

i was the first one to go after maradona on different latino online forums after he won in uruguay.

first, the coach have to be professional, then the players as well, sp the captains and the leaders of both teams.

there is nothing greater than watching a great soccer player acting professional and showing class, showing respect for the game.

fans as well, lets have fun and enjoy the game but keep it classy.

good luck.

Club of the century.
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
you stay classy San Diego!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
goal kick
goal kick
I say Irmo wins in 2-1 it possibly overtime. Northwestern is still really good and so is Irmo but both teams are no where near as good as last year. Irmo might win but I really don't see a winner here. Two really good teams... I expect a really good Saturday!

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

W.C. Hawkins is wider than Memorial, for the record.

I have played on both and watched games on both so I completely disagree with this statement and know it to be false. Memorial is one of the longest and widest high schools fields in the state, I know for a fact it is wider then W.C. Hawkins.

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
H
goal
goal
H
Between Irmo and NW we'll be missing a bunch of good players (especially 18's) against North Meck. That's why I was rooting for both to lose in the semis! Kidding, of course. We're proud of all of the Academy players who will be battling for a state championship and hope for a great, cleanly fought final. No one expected them to play in any game but the HS final if they made it. It's too bad there was no other available time to make up this weather delayed game.

We'll be fine Saturday - and Big Daddy, we're comin' after you!

R
kick off
kick off
R
Quote:

why the heck would an academy game ever take precedence over a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game!!!! For most kids this is a once, if ever, in a lifetime opportunity that should not be wasted on a club soccer game

I want to wish all of South Carolina United FC's Academy players the best for this weekends championship games. As crazy as it sounds I am glad we have so many missing for our DA game versus a fine North Meck team.

All the best to Irmo Players Zach Acree Mike Day, AJ Rogers, Matt Sieverding, Billy Padula, Connor Dunbaker, Rob Sullivan and Josh Jenkins.

Northwestern Players Denden Moore and Alex Martinez

South Aiken Player Travis Naylor

Also congrats to our SCISA players that played in last weeks final- Pinewood Prep Players Robert Beebe, Taylor Kastanis, Brandon Phinney and Justin White
Cardinal Newman Koty Millard (could not play due to a scheduling conflict )

Also congrats to our staff coaches- Dom Wren (Northwestern, Phil Savitz,Denny Sago,Thad Miller (IRMO) Jason Birchwood (Pinewood Prep)and Will Eudy (Cardinal Newman)

Good luck and congrats to all!
Rob

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard