Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Goal
Goal
I really have no idea of what will happen. Either one team will dominate right from the start or it will be finished in OT/PK's. This will once again be a very great game to watch. I cant' wait!

J
corner kick
corner kick
J
ha! good call...it will either be close or not. oh yeah...and someone will win.

A
throw in
throw in
A
Quote:

Quote:

W.C. Hawkins is wider than Memorial, for the record.

I have played on both and watched games on both so I completely disagree with this statement and know it to be false. Memorial is one of the longest and widest high schools fields in the state, I know for a fact it is wider then W.C. Hawkins.

No, it isn't. I played at Irmo and played in a few state titles at Memorial. Memorial is as long but not as wide as W.C. Hawkins.

Goal
Goal
Would suck if they went to PK's and couldn't settle it.

goal kick
goal kick
20champ04, until you get the dimensions of the field I'll think you are completely retarded. cuz i have seen both this year and been on both this year and all you have to do is compare how far the corner flag is from the 18 line and you clearly can tell Memorial is wider but Im not gonna argue this one any further

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
L
Goal
Goal
L
both are football fields so there can't be much difference in w/l. the game would be better at the graveyard-a real soccer field. pretty lame to have state championship games at memorial. players/fans/schools deserve better. where are the state football championship games played?

bench
bench
Quote:

both are football fields so there can't be much difference in w/l. the game would be better at the graveyard-a real soccer field. pretty lame to have state championship games at memorial. players/fans/schools deserve better. where are the state football championship games played?

It is ridiculous letmeput.. The football state championships are played at Williams Bryce, the basketball state championships are played at the Colonial Center, or the Colonial Life Arena, or whatever it is this week. SCISIA soccer state championships are at The Graveyard.. Yet public school soccer state championships are no longer allowed at The Graveyard because the Clemson and CoC coaches complained that it was a recruiting advantage for USC.

I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted.
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
WYP -- The MAIN reason the SCHSL State Championships are not at USC's Stone Stadium is due to the fact that SCHSL Commissioner Jerome Singleton prefers to have a stadium with two sides -- i.e. home/away. Stone Stadium does not allow for this configuration.

Members of the SCHSSCA Executive Committee met with Mr. Singleton Wednesday and will do so again this weekend and in the near future to discuss a potential return to Stone Stadium. USC definitely wants the games and we have received tremendous support from Coach Berson and Coach Smith among others involved at Carolina.

However, ultimately, the decision lies with the SCHSL and Mr. Singleton. There have been discussions regarding other Columbia-area venues such as Benedict College (field turf) and other high school stadiums. I will say that Memorial does offer the best site for what the SCHSL desires -- equal and ample seating on both sides of the stadium, locker room facilities, decent parking space, and it's pretty easy from a security standpoint.

But if you want my opinion, I'd vote for a return to USC Stone Stadium and have the middle tier of seats reserved for coaches, media, etc. and have the teams sit on the four sections on either side of the middle (directly below the press box). Outside of the Class 4A games, you rarely would have much of an issue with fans clashing together.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
trojans 4-2. they will rise from the ashes of the lmc game. go trojans.

H
goal
goal
H
That outfit would have to make a concerted effort to understand, or care, less about soccer - and they probably will.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard