Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
goal kick
goal kick
Stone is the right venue. The SCISA finals were held there, and went off very well. Keeping the fans separated shouldn't be such a big deal. After all, USC has Carolina - Clemson games at Stone, and I don't recall any trouble. A little bit of security could easily keep things from getting out of hand. And PLEASE don't play the finals on turf.

L
Goal
Goal
L
how was the parking and traffic getting out of memorial tonight? did less fans attend ty due to what they experienced last year with games being played at memorial?

C
kick off
kick off
C
This just in, MY BATHTUB STILL HAS MORE RINGS THAN THAT IRMO SQUAD! I mean what happened? You had your officiating crew, you had the gatorade player of the year, you had the depth, you had your magical blond hair, and Northwestern even gave you two goals to make it interesting. Oh you know what, you forgot to take your Midol before the game didn't you. That is it because I witnessed a bunch of blond women out there tonight whinning, complaining, and cheap shotting the better Northwestern team. Out coached and outplayed again for the second year in a row. FINAL SCORE NW 4 - NW 2, IRMO 0!

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

This just in, MY BATHTUB STILL HAS MORE RINGS THAN THAT IRMO SQUAD! I mean what happened? You had your officiating crew, you had the gatorade player of the year, you had the depth, you had your magical blond hair, and Northwestern even gave you two goals to make it interesting. Oh you know what, you forgot to take your Midol before the game didn't you. That is it because I witnessed a bunch of blond women out there tonight whinning, complaining, and cheap shotting the better Northwestern team. Out coached and outplayed again for the second year in a row. FINAL SCORE NW 4 - NW 2, IRMO 0!

Im gonna give you a 5 star rating! Your welcome! You deserve it because I completely agree!

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
throw in
throw in
Quote:

how was the parking and traffic getting out of memorial tonight? did less fans attend ty due to what they experienced last year with games being played at memorial?

I found getting out was not that hard (driving down Five Points--fun!). I want to say the same number of Irmo fans attended as last year. There seemed to be fewer on the Northwestern side, but that might be because they were more dispersed in seating than the "clumps" that Irmo fans formed.

U
bench
bench
U
someone please explain to me this.....

at around the 75th minute garbonzo flopped drawing a free-kick. it was his second or third flop that went his way in about 5 minutes. but when he got up, an irmo player grabbed his face and spoke to him. how did the irmo player not get carded for touching an opponent after the whistle?

N
Throw In
Throw In
N
like any match up. one team comes to play, one team comes to get played.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

someone please explain to me this.....

at around the 75th minute garbonzo flopped drawing a free-kick. it was his second or third flop that went his way in about 5 minutes. but when he got up, an irmo player grabbed his face and spoke to him. how did the irmo player not get carded for touching an opponent after the whistle?

From my angle it looked as if Lunceford didn't actually touch him, just stepped forward and got in his face (doing that hand waving thing that boys do to look tough). My view was blocked by about a dozen screaming kids though...:/

Last edited by mechie15; 05/23/10 04:47 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Well, I suppose expectations of NW over Irmo were true. Not exactly 3-2 as I predicted, but close. Happy that a Region 3 team won....where tough competition resides. Hey FM and Clover can feel pretty good as both scored and came w/in 2 of NW. So, I'm sort of happy for them.

Wished that the international flag thing that NW does could be left at home. All of the int'l guys on the team my son plays for are all proud to represent a team in the U.S.A. Maybe we should invest in Irish, English, and Italian flags. OR NOT !!

is ok to bring the Irish, English and Italian flag, and of course have much love and respect for the USA flag.

lets respect diversity as well, i have cousins born and raised in los angeles, 1 of them a math professor at ucla, half salvadoran-half mexican so lets not forget the fact that not every american is pure european.

contratulation to both teams, contrats to northwestern high school and to irmo as well for making it this far, last but not least to all the people that make this game so great.

Club of the century.
U
bench
bench
U
either way if he did or he didnt...i still feel like the ref should have intervened

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard