Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
U
bench
bench
U
im not understanding the problem with the flags. the kids are proud of their heritage. im sure every one of them is thankful for the opportunities that being in america presents, but they aren't allowed to honor their heritage? that seems a little ridiculous to me.

throw in
throw in
Well, the ref did get in there, break the two up and talk to Lunceford...he just didn't card him.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Hardtruth, all of our players are proud to be in the USA! Just read any of the multiple articles where Dennis, Alex, and Enzo have stated that they love being in America. We are simply celebrating the diversity of our soccer program. The US flag is always posted in the position of honor! I checked with my father who served in the US Air Force for 28 years before we ever put the flags up. If you don't like our expression of diversity, don't come to our matches!

Yeah...THAT.
I completely agree...and I also served in the military. My father served for 30+ years as well as my Uncle for 30+ years. The folks who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces are defending our freedoms. I think its great we can celebrate cultural diversity, on and off the pitch. When one criticizes the fact that other countries flags are flying on a soccer sideline, its disrespecting the American Flag and what it stands for. FREEDOM.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Hardtruth, all of our players are proud to be in the USA! Just read any of the multiple articles where Dennis, Alex, and Enzo have stated that they love being in America. We are simply celebrating the diversity of our soccer program. The US flag is always posted in the position of honor! I checked with my father who served in the US Air Force for 28 years before we ever put the flags up. If you don't like our expression of diversity, don't come to our matches!

Yeah...THAT.
I completely agree...and I also served in the military. My father served for 30+ years as well as my Uncle for 30+ years. The folks who have served or are currently serving in our armed forces are defending our freedoms. I think its great we can celebrate cultural diversity, on and off the pitch. When one criticizes the fact that other countries flags are flying on a soccer sideline, its disrespecting the American Flag and what it stands for. FREEDOM.

that is what you think. nobody is disrespecting america, or the flag, or the south.

respect man, is all about respect.

we thank this great country and we thanks our fathers and grandfathers as well. my grandfather speak spanish and he was an amateur soccer player, one of my uncles played professional soccer as well.

respect is a powefull word.

Club of the century.
throw in
throw in
obviously you havent payed close attention to those flags being flown on nw side.. the american flag is always being waved along side and another above all of the other national flags displayed.. yes the american flag does stand for freedom freedom to express the love for ones heritage and/or birthplace those flags dont just represent the diversity of the team but those flags represent the birthplaces of some of the players on the team dennis born in liberia, ricky born in costa rica, alex and former player enzo martinez in uruguay, coach dom wren and coach graham stafford in england, coach michael chumah in kenya, javier bonilla and other former players in honduras, former player santiago jimenez in columbia, and several others from mexico along with the american flag.. if you want to get critical the american flag is above all of these flags on the flag pole too. what about irmo's rastafarian flags seems to be no complaints there?

Goal
Goal
Pictures from the Irmo/NW game
http://www.scsoccer_2010.winkflash.com/

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
H
kick off
kick off
H
Good to see that I've touched a nerve. Irmo with Jamaican flags? That's unnecessary too. It's cheezy, it's antagonizing to others, and unnecessary at games. It's not respectful. I had two grandfathers that fought for this country and I can assure you they didn't do it so that we could all stand together at soccer games and look like the U.N. I respect these other countries and could care less about t-shirts or jackets. However, foreign flag-waving at HS soccer games...I don't respect. It takes "freedom" to a different level. Could even understand it if you were actually playing teams from Uruguay, Costa Rica, England. Skip the diversity stuff and embrace what brings us together. Don't worry, I won't see any more of your games so long as you guys do things to antagonize others. Why don't your fans buy plastic clappers and cow bells? Ask your soccer players to describe what the U.S. flag means, the red, white, blue, stars and stripes.

Understand the Irmo fans were very disrespectful last night with kids yelling junk at the refs. No place for that either.

I suppose you're "free" to do it. I am FREE to disagree with it, believe it's disrespectful. and say I don't like it.

goal kick
goal kick
All this fighting about flags and nationalities makes me think of Priest Vallon's Dead Rabbits vs. Bill Cutting's Natives.

Just respect diversity because our country is built on diversity of all kinds, and it is always growing. Not one person can trace their roots and have it stay within these borders. This is so ridiculous that people can't respect NW for being a good diverse team. They beat Irmo get over it, and deserved to.

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
H
kick off
kick off
H
The program may be built on diversity, but it is "one country" not many. Happy NW won, but they are wrong on this. I like many of the guys on NW's team including the one's that come from other places. Irmo was wrong too.

I'm not fighting anyone, but making a point. Gaffney, Clover, York and many other schools are diverse, but they don't make a point of putting in your face. We see it, no one has to remind us. It antagonizes people! Would you all be as defending if some southern redneck ran around the track with a Confederate flag? No, because it "might" offend a few. What do these other flags really mean? ARe these countries as welcoming of "diversity"? None of us have a clue. Well, maybe one or two.

Again, happy NW won. They have some great players/young men.

world cup
world cup
Quote:

Don't worry, I won't see any more of your games so long as you guys do things to antagonize others. Why don't your fans buy plastic clappers and cow bells?

South Carolina High School League rules prohibit the use of artificial noise-makers at all SCHSL sponsored events.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard