Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
L
Goal
Goal
L
the flags are great and don't see the "wrong" at all.

goal kick
goal kick
what in the hell is wrong with you hardtruth? Just because high school students celebrate their diversity of their school they are wrong?? You are in essence encouraging students to forget where they came from. Let them celebrate diversity, and let them be diverse. As the NW coach already said, they put the American flag in the position of honor or something like that. The American flag is up there too so get over it. No one is trying to take away from what the American flag stands for, but are you trying to tell me that Dennis shouldn't be able to drape the Liberian flag around himself after the game? They are honoring their roots.

Peace and Love

G'd up from the feet up
goal kick
goal kick
is Hardtruth really equating the Confederate flag with country flags??? It's not like they are waving the Nazi Germany flag or building up racism or hate. NW is not the only high school team to adorn flags at their game, they are just the only team good enough to make it to the final. BL player who scored the game winning goal was draped with a Mexico flag after he scored. Why is it ok for Irmo fans to wave the Rasta flag, im sure half those kids were high and used it as a symbol to promote marijuana and their "Rasta" friends playing on the field. This is ridiculous, professional players and teams do this too. Did you see the Champions League final, Eto'o was wearing the Cameroon flag and Pandev the Macedonian. I didn't see Massimo Moratti or any other Internazionale staff get upset about this and tell them to wear an Italian flag. Get over it Hurst.

Last edited by Leopold.Bloom; 05/23/10 03:53 PM.

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
H
kick off
kick off
H
I know it is hard admitting that the State Champs do anything that is wrong. But antagonizing fans, even if it is 10-20% that it bothers, is still antogonizing. We have a diverse country. Americans whose ancestors came from Africa(13% of our population) would be very offended by specific things being done at athletic events. There can't even be a public, non-denominational prayer said at games because someone(very few in number) MIGHT be offended. Stop intentionally irritating people! Put a bumper sticker on your car, buy a 100 t-shirts, be proud of where you come from. Irmo can buy Bob Marley warm-ups, but leave the "wrap myself in my foreign country" flag stuff out of it. It is irritating!

NW is wrong to allow it, Irmo was wrong doing it.
You all seem to be very tolerant, until it comes to something you all do or support, wrong as it is.

Go U.S.A. ! NW and IRMO are U.S.A. American teams representing the U.S.A. and the U.S. public taxpayer. How much support did Liberia, Mexico, Korea, Costa Rica, Uruguay or the Philippines send to any public high school to provide the education and sporting events that we ALL attend? I'll answer that tough question for you all ---> NONE. Nada...nothing.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

There can't even be a public, non-denominational prayer said at games because someone(very few in number) MIGHT be offended. Stop intentionally irritating people!

Separation of church and state duh obviously that is not allowed. Oh but wait as long as a student does it, it is perfectly legal. Maybe you should brush up on your Supreme Court case history before you go making brash comments like this!

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
T
bench
bench
T
1. Northwestern is the best and knows how to win in clutch games!

2. Northwestern has every right to represent flags of countries that some of their players come from.. it is diversity.

3. IRMO- So much for the gatorade player of the year? Knew that was a joke.. didnt even know he was on the field. Acree was falling down every other play. Padula was wearing freaking gloves???

4. Irmo really needs to get out of the false reality they live in where they believe that they are Rastafarians and what not. Obviously the pot smoking is not working out for you guys.

That game just showed everyone that irmo doesnt score quality goals. Poor Padula and his long throw ins.. they just couldnt cut it.

NORTHWESTERN CHAMPIONS!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!! So proud

P
goal kick
goal kick
P
Quote:

Acree was falling down every other play.

You must have missed garbonzo, Ive never seen so many dives. the kid is a wank. Martinez is right there with him

T
bench
bench
T
Will the real slim shady please stand up.

Last edited by Trojan4Ever; 05/23/10 04:47 PM.
T
bench
bench
T
Quote:

Quote:

Acree was falling down every other play.

You must have missed garbonzo, Ive never seen so many dives. the kid is a wank. Martinez is right there with him

Someone call the wambulance

H
kick off
kick off
H
Duh....Leopold....the Supreme Court case(right or wrong) was why I was saying that "you CAN'T do it". That whole case, my historical friend, was brought by a small group that was offended. Brush up my friend.

Teams used noisemakers at HS games this year. It was as irritating as the foreign flag waving.

Every right? I disagree. So, I suppose it would be OK to wrap yourself in flags of every kind....including a few that have been mentioned. Why not, the door is open. Don't say that some offend and some don't. Not good enough. Can't discriminate.

Teenagers can celebrate their diversity in many ways other than this. I see different faces on the field brought together by ONE country. I celebrate that.

Happy for the NW team that played well all year, overcame diversity, played together as one U.S. team, thru injuries and some of the guys traveling with club teams. They deserve to be State Champs. Go U.S.A. NW team!

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard