Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

I know it is hard admitting that the State Champs do anything that is wrong. But antagonizing fans, even if it is 10-20% that it bothers, is still antogonizing. We have a diverse country. Americans whose ancestors came from Africa(13% of our population) would be very offended by specific things being done at athletic events. There can't even be a public, non-denominational prayer said at games because someone(very few in number) MIGHT be offended. Stop intentionally irritating people! Put a bumper sticker on your car, buy a 100 t-shirts, be proud of where you come from. Irmo can buy Bob Marley warm-ups, but leave the "wrap myself in my foreign country" flag stuff out of it. It is irritating!

NW is wrong to allow it, Irmo was wrong doing it.
You all seem to be very tolerant, until it comes to something you all do or support, wrong as it is.

Go U.S.A. ! NW and IRMO are U.S.A. American teams representing the U.S.A. and the U.S. public taxpayer. How much support did Liberia, Mexico, Korea, Costa Rica, Uruguay or the Philippines send to any public high school to provide the education and sporting events that we ALL attend? I'll answer that tough question for you all ---> NONE. Nada...nothing.

im sure you feel really proud of your military family, i feel great about my dad being a lawyer and a college professor as well.

when italy was the world champion, many many italian-americans went to the streets of boston and new york to party with italian flags all over, most of them didnt know anything about soccer, most of them prob never been to italy and do not speak italian but they were still celebrating their roots and their blood... heck if you look at the videos, even black people was out there celebrating with them, it was an excuse to party for some non-italian americans.

it does not surprise me at all, you are from the south, there is not much diversity here, but is not againts the law the wave anothers country flag anywhere in the world, and as long as is not againts the law, people can do it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

im sure you dont celebrate st patricks as well bc is unamerican to celebrate an irish-catholic tradition... get it?

is never too late to read the constitution and to learn that america is what it is bc of many different countries and cultures.

pm me for further talk, and let the high school kids celebrate what they acomplished.

Club of the century.
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

I know it is hard admitting that the State Champs do anything that is wrong. But antagonizing fans, even if it is 10-20% that it bothers, is still antogonizing. We have a diverse country. Americans whose ancestors came from Africa(13% of our population) would be very offended by specific things being done at athletic events. There can't even be a public, non-denominational prayer said at games because someone(very few in number) MIGHT be offended. Stop intentionally irritating people! Put a bumper sticker on your car, buy a 100 t-shirts, be proud of where you come

from. Irmo can buy Bob Marley warm-ups, but leave the "wrap myself in my foreign country" flag stuff out of it. It is irritating!

NW is wrong to allow it, Irmo was wrong doing it.
You all seem to be very tolerant, until it comes to something you all do or support, wrong as it is.

Go U.S.A. ! NW and IRMO are U.S.A. American teams representing the U.S.A. and the U.S. public taxpayer. How much support did Liberia, Mexico, Korea, Costa Rica, Uruguay or the Philippines send to any public high school to provide the education and sporting events that we ALL attend? I'll answer that tough question for you all ---> NONE. Nada...nothing.

Is this seriously a joke? Stop irritating people, really that is your main argument.. that it was irritating. God are you 3? can you not handle it. Stop b***hing you 45 year old conservative christian. Get over it. America is a diverse nation with a diverse culture. So is it un-American or irritating like alma said when people celebrate St. Pattys day or Cinco de Mayo. No, hell, you probably celebrate them as much as the next guy. I don't get what your beef is? No one said that NW wasn't a team from America or and American team. Of course they are, but here is diversity within their team so let them celebrate it. People like you crush open-mindedness of youth today

Last edited by shirtless bernie; 05/23/10 05:11 PM.

G'd up from the feet up
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Good to see that I've touched a nerve. Irmo with Jamaican flags? That's unnecessary too. It's cheezy, it's antagonizing to others, and unnecessary at games. It's not respectful.

in YOUR opinion...which is provided to you by the freedoms the American Flag represents...which is also proudly displayed on the NW sideline.

And like you said...you are certainly free to have and express your opinion...doesn't mean I have to like it. But I certainly respect your right to speak it...

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Quote:

Acree was falling down every other play.

You must have missed garbonzo, Ive never seen so many dives. the kid is a wank. Martinez is right there with him

Martinez was on the ground crying 3 or 4 times during the game, and as soon as the ball came back on his side of the field, he would get up and sprint to the ball. Makes complete sense.

H
kick off
kick off
H
Keep ur shirt on, shirtless. "Are you 3"? Really? Is that the best YOU can do? You're being typically hypocritical. Don't you care about my feelings as much as say .... someone from some other country? When one of these kids get hurt, putting their nationality in other faces...please tell me then, that you would be in favor of HS's limiting this FREE form of expression. I would never do it, but there are plenty nuts out there that would. Go hug some "different" trees.

Irritating, yes it is. We will never come together as one country with your anti-Christian, anti-conservative, anti USA opinions. You need to be more tolerant of 45 yr. old Chritian conservatives. Do you think this is where we came from? At least you acknowledge God, in your 3rd sentence. Maybe that makes you an age greater than 3.

Alma....why do you think the south is not diverse? I may NOT be from the south. You make a big assumption. It's not constitutional to do that. :-) I've read the constitution many times. While we may have the RIGHT to do it, does not mean that we SHOULD do it. The schools regulate many things that our kids are free to do. They call them RULES. For example, we have freedom of speech(constitutionally), but the Irmo fans should not have been yelling BS or [censored] at the game at refs. or NW players. It is offensive to some, but not all. It should NOT be allowed at these HS games.
Waving of the foreign flags while may be constitutionally allowed incites people. It too should not be allowed.

Goal
Goal
Seriously, Irmo posters need to go back in their holes til 2011.

goal kick
goal kick
Never thought I would agree with Alma Merengue, heres a 5 star rating for you! Won't it be ironic when Hardtruth team makes it to the final next year and they have some great exchange student that leads them to the final, and all the high schoolers will be waving his countrys flag at the game. He wont be complaining then.

And hardtruth im saying it IS allowed to have a non-denominational STUDENT LEAD prayer at high school sporting events, as long as a teacher or administrator or religious affiliate does not preach about religion or politics or has any say it in at all.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!! I think this is Hardtruth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGSN7JVg1yQ

Perfumes of embraces all him assailed. With hungered flesh obscurely he mutely craved to adore.
goal kick
goal kick
No, I don't care about the feelings of someone making ridiculous remarks about something as trivial as waving flags of other nations at a soccer game.

And if they got hurt, and put their nationality in someones face? what do you mean by that cause i don't quite get it.

And you honestly think the waving of flags of different countries is hindering the nation as a whole in becoming united? Really? At a soccer game in South Carolina. Highly doubt it.

And what exactly makes me an anti-Christian, because of liberal views? Sounds like flawed logic to me.

Sounds like I struck a nerve with the 45 year old conservative christian mark. Sad that it was that easy to tell from a post on a message board about diversity.

And yeah I am a little older than 3, although from your posts my intelligence level doesn't seem to be. In fact, I'm an 18 year old high school student so I am probably wrong because hell what do high schoolers know.

You are writing off my opinion and my viewpoints because of my age and your lack of open-mindedness. Grow up.

Last edited by shirtless bernie; 05/23/10 05:31 PM.

G'd up from the feet up
H
kick off
kick off
H
I agree....it is MY opinion. When these kids wrap themselves in their country's flag....it is disrespectful to the flag that they play under. I know the truth is hard.
Exchange students???....Right. Let's believe that is what they all are.

Alex does whine quite a bit about calls that don't go his way. I've seen him push kids with both hands right in front of refs. and no card was given. I've also seen him score in impressive fashion. He don't need the antics. If he played w/o them, he would be great(er).

Ricky also does NOT need to fish flop. He will get calls w/o carrying that reputation. He's great w/o doing it.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Keep ur shirt on, shirtless. "Are you 3"? Really? Is that the best YOU can do? You're being typically hypocritical. Don't you care about my feelings as much as say .... someone from some other country? When one of these kids get hurt, putting their nationality in other faces...please tell me then, that you would be in favor of HS's limiting this FREE form of expression. I would never do it, but there are plenty nuts out there that would. Go hug some "different" trees.

Irritating, yes it is. We will never come together as one country with your anti-Christian, anti-conservative, anti USA opinions. You need to be more tolerant of 45 yr. old Chritian conservatives. Do you think this is where we came from? At least you acknowledge God, in your 3rd sentence. Maybe that makes you an age greater than 3.

Alma....why do you think the south is not diverse? I may NOT be from the south. You make a big assumption. It's not constitutional to do that. :-) I've read the constitution many times. While we may have the RIGHT to do it, does not mean that we SHOULD do it. The schools regulate many things that our kids are free to do. They call them RULES. For example, we have freedom of speech(constitutionally), but the Irmo fans should not have been yelling BS or [censored] at the game at refs. or NW players. It is offensive to some, but not all. It should NOT be allowed at these HS games.
Waving of the foreign flags while may be constitutionally allowed incites people. It too should not be allowed.

been to 7 different countries, 3 of them as a soccer player. lived 4 years in los angeles and 8 years in south carolina, born and raised in a different country.

you have all the the right in the world to complain when you feel something is offensive to you (dont speak for all americans) that may not be the case for everybody.

yes this is mostly a south-eastern point of view and places where there is little diversity (is ok to be wrong sometime) i have been in road trips from east to west coast. when you go throught places in texas, you start appreciating the spanish language, culture and architecture, palm spring california is a great way to appreciate the anglo-spanish-moorish combined-architecture and life style.

when you go to seven oaks in los angeles, you will as well appreciate middle eastern and eastern european architecture and culture.

if 51% of the fans approved your claim, we are talking of an issue because the majority has spoken, even if is legal, it may prevent bad situations from happening. the truth is, im sure you are in the minority here. im willing to bet 60% or more of the fans at the stadium find the flags to be a non-insulting, so is not really a problem but in your mind.

like i said, if you find the flags insulting.

you probably find st patricks, mardi grass, chrismast, and the game of soccer insulting because they are all european culture and traditions, they are not american.

Club of the century.
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard